DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #16
Mich Mouse
Poly Loving Disney Bride

Location: Where you take only pictures, leave only footprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post
actually you make the FP for only the folks with a valid admission. After you link the admission to the others during checkin, you can go to manage FP and copy your FP to others in your traveling party. I was told this when I called in about my PAP not linking up. I've since gone to manage FP on my phone and had no problem copying FP assigned to one member in our party to others in our party who had admission added after I booked FP for my DH. I hope it works that easy when we check in. I will post back after I do this. I figured it's worth a try and better than no FP at all.

So after check in I can acquire fast passes for my entire party? How does that work? Don't they have a limited amount of passes for each time period? You copy fast passes to others in your traveling party? It's hard to understand how this could work?

Does anyone know how far in advance these FP reservations can be made? And I only need one ticket linked to make reservations for an entire group ?

Thanks for all the help- I very much appreciate it.

Mich Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #17
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran

We are staying at boardwalk and I can't even find an option to book FP reservations. I linked the hotel reservation and my AP numbers.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #18
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletsmama View Post
We are staying at boardwalk and I can't even find an option to book FP reservations. I linked the hotel reservation and my AP numbers.
When do you check-in? The Boardwalk is currently eligible for MyMagic+ for reservations with check-in dates from 10/7 to 10/31. MyMagic+ testing has not been opened up for November check-ins.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #19
nolanboys
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hijack this thread. We don't have AP's but have paper tickets purchased from UT before the price increase. We plan on using these tickets for our trip in March. After I set up my account and link with DVC reservation, will I be able to add my tickets? Hoping to be able to try my magic +.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #20
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanboys View Post
Sorry to hijack this thread. We don't have AP's but have paper tickets purchased from UT before the price increase. We plan on using these tickets for our trip in March. After I set up my account and link with DVC reservation, will I be able to add my tickets? Hoping to be able to try my magic +.
I believe most people have been able to link the tyvek (paper) tickets purchased from UT without much issue. There seems to be a problem linking RFID tickets purchased from UT.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #21
nolanboys
DIS Veteran

Thanks for answering. I bought the tickets hoping to save some money since we have to buy six and am glad we won't be penalized.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #22
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
actually you make the FP for only the folks with a valid admission. After you link the admission to the others during checkin, you can go to manage FP and copy your FP to others in your traveling party. I was told this when I called in about my PAP not linking up. I've since gone to manage FP on my phone and had no problem copying FP assigned to one member in our party to others in our party who had admission added after I booked FP for my DH. I hope it works that easy when we check in. I will post back after I do this. I figured it's worth a try and better than no FP at all.
Okay, not quite understanding that part, but both DH and I have PAPs we will activate in December. Our adult children are traveling with us, and from the above post, it looks like it would be best for us to go to the Disney store and buy their park hoppers NOW so we can also link them in the same way we did our PAPs.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #23
mort1331
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
I believe most people have been able to link the tyvek (paper) tickets purchased from UT without much issue. There seems to be a problem linking RFID tickets purchased from UT.
This has been our issue. We loaded according to the numbers but its not letting us pick fasspasses. It shows that our tickets are there and that they are admission tickets, but then go to pick fasspasses and it comes up error.

Was on the phone with reps for about an hour, they tried loading and unloading but no go. They said to keep checking daily, or once we arrive the resort should be able to help us. Its a bummer but that is what testing is all about, no sense getting upset. Waiting for the magic to appear
mort1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #24
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
Okay, not quite understanding that part, but both DH and I have PAPs we will activate in December. Our adult children are traveling with us, and from the above post, it looks like it would be best for us to go to the Disney store and buy their park hoppers NOW so we can also link them in the same way we did our PAPs.
If you can link all of your passes now that would save you a headache. I can't link my Green PAP to MDE account (it was an exchange from paper PAP to green PAP at the Odysessy Building in May). But the others in my party can and have linked theirs. I and others have been told we can just be "copied" on to other's FP after I link my PAP to my magic band at checkin. I did find this section on both the computer and my Iphone under "manage FP" and there you can change, delete, copy, etc . As long as everyone in your traveling party is linked together you should have access to do things for them. I've had no problem booking and changing things for both our reservation and my DD's reservation, however, you can control how much a linked person sees from your account and when my DH or DD pulls up my information, it does say only I can change it. They can only view. It's crazy and a learning experience for sure. I'm just trying to sort it all out before my trip in 3 weeks. Just trying to share the tips and info I've experienced so far while trying to learn how to use the system.

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
May 2-26 @ ?
Sept 12-21 @ ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #25
Mich Mouse
Poly Loving Disney Bride

Does even person in the party need to have a linked ticket to make fast pass reservations?

Or can I make reservations for the entire party on one ticket?

How far in advance can the FP reservations be made ?

Old 09-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #26
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich Mouse View Post
Does even person in the party need to have a linked ticket to make fast pass reservations?

Or can I make reservations for the entire party on one ticket?

How far in advance can the FP reservations be made ?
From what I've seen everyone you make FP+ selections for has to have a ticket linked.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #27
staceymay00
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If you can link all of your passes now that would save you a headache. I can't link my Green PAP to MDE account (it was an exchange from paper PAP to green PAP at the Odysessy Building in May). But the others in my party can and have linked theirs. I and others have been told we can just be "copied" on to other's FP after I link my PAP .
What is a "Green" PAP? We traded in our paper PAPs for the plastic RFID PAPs in the Odyssey Building in April. Are you saying that we will not be able to link our tickets and book FPs in advance because we converted our passes? Our trip is in November at BWV, so this is assuming they will extend the FP+ option into November.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
staceymay00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:49 AM   #28
Mich Mouse
Poly Loving Disney Bride

How far out is Disney allowing FP reservations for now? I would like to reserve passes as the earliest opportunity as we are traveling during Presidents Week- a busy time. When will (or is it already) February be available?

Old 09-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #29
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich Mouse View Post
How far out is Disney allowing FP reservations for now? I would like to reserve passes as the earliest opportunity as we are traveling during Presidents Week- a busy time. When will (or is it already) February be available?
Right now it's still in test. The belief is that it will be 60 days out. February is not available now.

Everyone has to have some type of valid admission, in order to make FP+ reservations.

If your AP expires close to an upcoming trip you have planned, make sure you renew well in advance or you won't be able to make FP+ reservations.

My pass expired 2 days before our arrival. Usually I just renew when we're there. This time I had to renew online and was able to link up the renewed pass onto the MDE site and make FP+ reservations.

But this poses a problem I hope Disney will revisit at some time. Now I'm stuck paying (since we do monthly payments) double payments for this month and next month. Disney can't do a "rolling renewal" where they don't start charging you the next year's payments until the first year is over. Payments start from the date you renew.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:40 AM   #30
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceymay00 View Post
What is a "Green" PAP? We traded in our paper PAPs for the plastic RFID PAPs in the Odyssey Building in April. Are you saying that we will not be able to link our tickets and book FPs in advance because we converted our passes? Our trip is in November at BWV, so this is assuming they will extend the FP+ option into November.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Yes, we have the same pass. I have seen a few post where some folks were successful linking these exchange tickets, but not me, nor my friends who are meeting us there. I called the IT department and was told that there is a glitch and they can't be linked. They said they are working on it, so I keep trying. You can link your pass any time, so you should try now just so you know if it works or not, you can even try calling if it doesn't work. Like I mentioned earlier, when calling I was told I could make FP+ for my husband, who has a will call certificate and linked to my/his MDE account without a problem. I was told, along with others, that once I arrive and get my ticket linked to my account, I can copy his FP+ selections to myself....while I also question availability.....it's the only shot I've got, so will give it a try. I will post back after I check in Oct. 18th to let folks know if it was successful. However, after I made FP selections for my DH (only), I finally added tickets (PAPs) for my daugther and family and did go to manage FP+ and pulled up my DH's Fast passes and "copied" them to my daughter and family of 4 and it worked perfectly with no problems. Now all 5 in our traveling party (different room reservations) all have the exact same FP, except me....where it shows valid admission needed. However, our friends who are meeting us there, couldn't do anything since their exchange tickets could not link to their MDE account, so we are hoping to be able to copy them also on our FP selections on the days we are together.....again, it's the only thing they can do. BTW, my trip actually goes into November (2) and I made FP selections for those days too!

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
May 2-26 @ ?
Sept 12-21 @ ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: