Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #1
supernova
Between genius and insanity

Anyone else collect Disney-themed autographs?

Hello all. I've posted this on another board but I wanted to check here as well.

Over the years, I've built up a great collection of autographs, and started a Disney set as well. I've broken it up into Movies, Character Voices, Parks-Related, and Legends.

I was wondering if anyone else here has a collection of autographs based on Disney? I would love to hear what you have. And I don't mean autographs of local high school kids in Chip & Dale costumes signing the names of the characters :D
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
supernova

Just sent my copy of "Dream It! Do It!" to Marty Sklar, who sent it back to me autographed and inscribed to me. He also signed two photos.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
like2workout
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post
Hello all. I've posted this on another board but I wanted to check here as well.

Over the years, I've built up a great collection of autographs, and started a Disney set as well. I've broken it up into Movies, Character Voices, Parks-Related, and Legends.

I was wondering if anyone else here has a collection of autographs based on Disney? I would love to hear what you have. And I don't mean autographs of local high school kids in Chip & Dale costumes signing the names of the characters :D
yes, i do!! i collect them on 8x10 photos and have... at least 100 if not more. i have mouseketeers, character actors, many of the actors from the live action movies, etc. i've been collecting for years. pm me and we can talk more!
like2workout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
ThBa
DIS Veteran

Hi from Germany !

I´m at the beginning of my collection and started to collect Disney/Pixar autographs too.

I have some John Lasseter drawings and a lot of signed books with animators signatures in it.

I would love to get in touch with you to get more infos about getting these autographs.

If you want....fell free to send me a PM.

Thanks !!

Old 09-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #5
arni3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Just sent my copy of "Dream It! Do It!" to Marty Sklar, who sent it back to me autographed and inscribed to me. He also signed two photos.
Lucky you!

I have tried to send some stuff, but they never send it back
arni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:37 AM   #6
supernova

Great hearing from you all. Thanks for replying. Was starting to think I was the only one. Usually when you mentioned "Disney autographs" it's the signature of some local high school kid in costume signing a character's name. Hope we can all stay in touch, compare notes, and see if we can help our collections grow!
Old 09-23-2013, 06:38 AM   #7
supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by like2workout View Post
yes, i do!! i collect them on 8x10 photos and have... at least 100 if not more. i have mouseketeers, character actors, many of the actors from the live action movies, etc. i've been collecting for years. pm me and we can talk more!
Sounds awesome! I've managed to build up a great collection of 8x10s, along with some signed books and other goodies along the way. Will definitely send a PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:39 AM   #8
supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by arni3 View Post
Lucky you!

I have tried to send some stuff, but they never send it back
I have lost an occassional photo, but am very careful about what I send. I only send books to those I know I'll get it back from. Jack Lindquist signed a photo for me, and sent a bookplate for his forthcoming book, which was a nice surprise to find in the envelope. I tried sending Sklar's book to his home, and I got it back in about 10 days.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:40 AM   #9
supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThBa View Post
Hi from Germany !

I´m at the beginning of my collection and started to collect Disney/Pixar autographs too.

I have some John Lasseter drawings and a lot of signed books with animators signatures in it.

I would love to get in touch with you to get more infos about getting these autographs.

If you want....fell free to send me a PM.

Thanks !!

Nice job on Lasseter. I tried sending him a photo and all I got back was a Toy Story pre-printed autograph. Haven't been able to snag the real thing from him, although I don't usually buy autographs. I did purchase an Illene Woods signature at a decent price, though. I will definitely PM you as well and we can exchange notes!
Old 09-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #10
super mike b
DIS Veteran

One of our prized pocessions is Walt's autograph.
super mike b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #11
supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by super mike b View Post
One of our prized pocessions is Walt's autograph.
Nice! My wife's coworker has an in-person autograph from Walt that she got while visiting Disneyland when she was young.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:49 AM   #12
like2workout
Mouseketeer

can't imagine having an actual autograph from walt disney. that would be pretty amazing. that's cool that some of you have them.

Quote:
Nice! My wife's coworker has an in-person autograph from Walt that she got while visiting Disneyland when she was young.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #13
supernova

Quote:
can't imagine having an actual autograph from walt disney. that would be pretty amazing. that's cool that some of you have them.
Henny's a great woman. I hope she finds it. And thinks to include me in her will. She already gave us three old Disney watches and some old Disney dollars. Still, the autograph would be a nice surprise. Who knows where she even has it. Though she just moved this summer. Fingers crossed... just in case.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #14
like2workout
Mouseketeer

good luck - you never know!
there is a film festival here in memphis every june and they almost always have some disney stars or stars who have been in disney movies. this june that just passed i met and got autos from tim considine and david stollery who played spin and marty, robert loggia who was the voice of sykes in oliver and co., johnny crawford from the mickey mouse club, roberta shore from the shaggy dog, and guy williams' (zorro) son, who had some of this dad's costume pieces. very cool meeting them all and adding to my autograph collection.

Quote:
Henny's a great woman. I hope she finds it. And thinks to include me in her will. She already gave us three old Disney watches and some old Disney dollars. Still, the autograph would be a nice surprise. Who knows where she even has it. Though she just moved this summer. Fingers crossed... just in case.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:56 AM   #15
supernova

Quote:
good luck - you never know!
there is a film festival here in memphis every june and they almost always have some disney stars or stars who have been in disney movies. this june that just passed i met and got autos from tim considine and david stollery who played spin and marty, robert loggia who was the voice of sykes in oliver and co., johnny crawford from the mickey mouse club, roberta shore from the shaggy dog, and guy williams' (zorro) son, who had some of this dad's costume pieces. very cool meeting them all and adding to my autograph collection.
I've got Loggia on a card and photo, which was a great addition to my villains collection. I wish I had known about Stollery and Considine... need them for my Legends collection!!! I tried writing to both, but now that they are doing the convention rounds, I don't think they answer for free through the mail. Bummer.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: