Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #3616
feet1
Mouseketeer

Quick question...we are here now and have early ressies at crystal palace at 8:10 tomorrow...what time should we leave to catch the bus for the magic kingdom?

1984 (I was 9) - off site
1989 - off site
1992 -CBR
2006 - POFQ
2007 - WL
Sept 19-27 2013 POFQ

Old 09-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #3617
TaurusNYY
1st timer, going back for more :D

When linking my POFQ reservation they asked if I had a preference for a room type. Ground Floor, Second Floor, Corner Room and Close to Transportation. Out of these choices which is best at POFQ. We have no real prefrence but wouldnt mind putting in what ppl recommend. Thanks - We leave in 1 day :D
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #3618
lovemydeals
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblackstars View Post
I have read that the laundry machines at POFQ will only take credit cards as payment, the problem is we do not have or plan to get a credit card (we had a major fraud on a credit card we had about 5 years ago and never again will we have one after what we went through!) We do, however, have Visa debit cards which we are going to use for charging on our KTTW card. Will our Visa debit work in the laundry machines too? I am totally stressing about this as we will be there for 3 weeks and there is no way we can do without laundry facilities. I had thought that the KTTW card could be used in the laundry machines but was told tonight this is not the case. If anyone can give me any information on this I would be extremely grateful, I know it seems trivial but I am really worried about it!!!

I am doing laundry right now and and you are correct you can not use your room key. The card machine says it will take debit cards. I'm using a credit card so i cant speak from experience. Its $2 per washer or dryer. Hth
Old 09-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #3619
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGiraffe
Hi all.

In June this year we made a reservation for July 2014 at CSR. I've been doing a lot of research and was really looking forward to it.

Today, out of the blue, DH said he'd been looking at resorts and has now suggested we switch our reservation to POFQ! Is that even possible? We're only staying for 4 nights and will have a 4yo DD and a 2yo DS.

I've been looking at videos and photos and really love the look of POFQ. Plus the food options for breakfast and dinner are better for us, as a family, than that offered at CSR. Also, the option of getting a boat to DTD would be great as we've never done that before.

Obviously, folks on the CSR thread say we should stick, but I just wondered what people who have stayed at POFQ thought. We'll probably switch, if we can, but I just wanted some insight.

I'm quite excited now as I have the whole 'Princess and the Frog' setting in my head!
I've never done any other moderate besides POFQ, and I'll admit I'm very partial as my grandma is from New Orleans and we used to go all the time to visit, and I honeymooned in New Orleans, and our 10th anniversary we spent at POFQ, and have been a few times since. We love it, it feels like home to us, and my kids, DS10 and DD5 don't even want to consider staying elsewhere. They love the pool with Dragon slide and boat to DTD, the beignets, the fountain in the lobby, the entire experience. It will probably be our resort for life!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

Old 09-19-2013, 09:53 PM   #3620
nagshead
Mouseketeer

Ok so pofq is at 90%+ on the fridges, is anyone reporting not getting them right now?
Old 09-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #3621
nagshead
Mouseketeer

Ok so pofq is at 90%+ on the fridges, is anyone reporting not getting them right now?
Old 09-20-2013, 03:47 AM   #3622
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblackstars View Post
I am expecting our laundry costs to get close to the $50 mark, especially with my DD!!
Wow, how long are you going to be there for, it's only $2 per load! They do take debit cards as well as credit cards by the way, but not KttW cards or Magic Bands. The Riverside laundries all still take cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feet1 View Post
Quick question...we are here now and have early ressies at crystal palace at 8:10 tomorrow...what time should we leave to catch the bus for the magic kingdom?
I would suggest allowing at least an hour to be safe. So maybe get to the bus stop for around 7am, and then if you're at the MK a bit early you get extra time on an empty Main Street USA to take photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusNYY View Post
When linking my POFQ reservation they asked if I had a preference for a room type. Ground Floor, Second Floor, Corner Room and Close to Transportation. Out of these choices which is best at POFQ.
It's really down to personal choice, there is no "one size fits all" answer. Upper floors can be a bit quieter (as there's no one above you), and corner rooms can be lighter and feel more airy due to the extra window. Close to transport is nice, but it's a very small resort so not such a big issue unless you have mobility issues or strollers to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagshead View Post
No one recently that I recall, but if the resort is not at full capacity then it should be easier for them to allocate guests to rooms with fridges.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #3623
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusNYY View Post
When linking my POFQ reservation they asked if I had a preference for a room type. Ground Floor, Second Floor, Corner Room and Close to Transportation. Out of these choices which is best at POFQ. We have no real prefrence but wouldnt mind putting in what ppl recommend. Thanks - We leave in 1 day :D
I always request 3rd floor so I don't have noise from someone in a room above me. That's not included in your list though. I always have DRC make a note of this request when I make my ressie.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #3624
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I will be checking into POFQ for the 1st time in just one week!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #3625
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

5 days until we check in to our home away from home, getting very excited!!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ; Sept/Oct '15-POFQ
Old 09-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #3626
BlueGiraffe
DIS Veteran

We decided to go for it!! Spoke to a lovely lady on the phone who changed us from 4 nights at CSR to 5 nights at POFQ. We added tickets to our package (which we were going to buy separately, anyway) so qualified for the free dining plan as well.

Really excited!!
Old 09-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #3627
DCDisney
On my way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadheadmamma4 View Post
Does anyone know if they have a work out room I know I will get a work out but I need to get my daily me time in if not Disney doesn't mind joggerz around the grounds at 6 am do they?(pofq)
There are lots of joggers out early in the morning. It's harder later in the evening because of the horse carriages. The path is only around a mile round trip between PO-FQ and POR and there are no sidewalks on the nearby roads so if you are a distance runner it can be frustrating.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #3628
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGiraffe View Post
We decided to go for it!! Spoke to a lovely lady on the phone who changed us from 4 nights at CSR to 5 nights at POFQ. We added tickets to our package (which we were going to buy separately, anyway) so qualified for the free dining plan as well.

Really excited!!
That's interesting. They must have just opened FD at pofq . We LOVE pofq Have fun.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #3629
Lintasare
Holy
Hello. My name is Inigo Peeptoya...you ate my father...prepare to die
Ok fess up...who killed the riddle?

Leaving tomorrow morning for my trip.

Wait...WHAT!!! I still have so much to do like pack. I better get on it.

Old 09-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #3630
FireWife70
Earning My Ears

Talking

Getting antsy -- just wanted to post to see my ticker!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: