DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

Who would YOU use to sell a contract?

We have two contracts, and we have decided to sell one of them. We can't feasibly make it to California often enough to use our VGC home anymore, and it just makes more sense to sell that contract and buy more points at WDW. It is a sad, but happy day. :

We bought our resale through TTS and had a wonderful experience. We're not opposed to using them for our sale, but before we call, I thought I would ask here: Who would you use to sell a contract for you and why?

Less paperwork/easy process?
Commission percentage?
Contract sold quickly?
Closing costs?
Reached a larger audience?
Something else I'm not thinking of?

Thanks in advance!
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

I would use the TTS as they seem to get the highest prices.
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #3
dmunsil
Disney Uber-Nerd

The Timeshare Store. They're the largest for a reason.
dmunsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #4
timandjanl
Mouseketeer

I have used TSS for a resale purchase. They have been fantastic. Once we add on or if we ever sell they will be my first choice.

Proud DVC Owner at SSR
timandjanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #5
Dean
DIS Veteran

I'd sell it myself. Esp for VGC due to demand. Even if you get a little less, after commissions you should end up with more. Of course you could do both as most do a non exclusive listing contract.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #6
JimC
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I use The Timeshare Store to buy and sell. Appreciate their professionalism, integrity and service. Great reputation.
WDW - All Star Movies (Fantasia), Animal Kingdom Lodge (3), Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo House-2, Kidani Village-6), Bay Lake Towers (7), Beach Club, Beach Club Villas (8), Boardwalk Villas, Contemporary (2), Caribbean Beach (Aruba-2, Jamaica-2), Coronado Springs (Casitas-3), Dixie Landings (Bayou), Disney Institute (Villas-3), Grand Floridian (Sago Cay), Old Key West (5), Polynesian (Figi), Port Orleans, Saratoga Springs (Carousel, Congress Park, Grandstand-2, Paddock, Springs, Treehouse Villas), Villas at Grand Floridian, Villas at Wilderness Lodge (5), Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, Other (Cypress Harbour-6, Doubletree Castle, Renaissance WorldGate, Village [Royal Plaza, Pickett Suite])
DCL - Dream (2/11 4, 10/11 3, 2/12 4, 5/13 4, 5/14 4), Fantasy (11/13 Eastern, 10/14 Western), Magic (6/99 4, 5/05 Panama Canal, 9/08 5, 11/10 Eastern, 10/11 Western), Wonder (12/06 4, 9/09 4, 5/12 Alaska)
DL - Grand Californian (4), Villas Grand Californian (3), Marriott
Other DVC - Hilton Head, Vero Beach (6)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #7
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
I'd sell it myself. Esp for VGC due to demand. Even if you get a little less, after commissions you should end up with more. Of course you could do both as most do a non exclusive listing contract.
If we did sell it ourselves, how would we go about doing that? I'm not familiar enough with the process to feel comfortable without making mistakes. Is there a thread that explains this?

Thanks, everyone, for your input. If we do decide to use a broker, TTS it will be!
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #8
deedisneydream97
Mouseketeer

Another vote here for the Time Share Store. We did a sale thru them and then a couple years later a number of purchases thru them, up until a couple years ago. Their website is easy to use and they keep it very much up to date. Our sale went smoothly, as did our purchases (4 add-ons). Alot has to with sellers and buyers returning their paperwork in a timely fashion. I would not attempt to sell on my own...it can be time consuming and frustrating. Plus, there are alot of scammers out there, so one needs to be careful. I guess you would have to measure the commission vs. your time, energy and emotions. I'm sure your VGC will be snapped up pretty quickly....I've noticed that there is never alot of inventory...and then there is a "sale pending" a couple days after posting. You will probably get a good price, too; but then you will also be paying a higher price for more points in DisneyWorld.

Good luck with whatever you decide. I've never been sorry about any of my purchases.
deedisneydream97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #9
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Speaking as someone who has been watching and waiting for a GCV I know you will have little issues no matter who you go through. Things happen FAST there..! No clue how we are going to snag one on the resale market... we might just have to go on the years long direct path.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #10
Chase'n'Ciera
Earning My Ears

We just sold our 3 contracts through the Timeshare store. All sold in less than a week for more than I thought they would. All at ask or very close to it.

Should have asked for more

Very happy with the process
Chase'n'Ciera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #11
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Princess View Post
If we did sell it ourselves, how would we go about doing that? I'm not familiar enough with the process to feel comfortable without making mistakes. Is there a thread that explains this?

Thanks, everyone, for your input. If we do decide to use a broker, TTS it will be!
You just need a basic contract that covers who, what, where, etc. Once you have that you'd simply turn it over to a closing company to handle it. Assuming the same sales price you'd net 10% more and for VGC, that's very doable. You'd just need one that would also do escrow. If you wanted to sell it to someone you trusted, you wouldn't need escrow and you could save yourself and the buyer a few hundred $$$ more. Go ahead and email DVC for the transfer information, I think you'll find it's very simply.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: