DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #16
MickeyFan612
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

As the worlds population increases over the next 20+ years we may be looking at huge competition for these sold out resorts. You may not be able to find points to rent or buy at BWV and BCV! Who knows??
MickeyFan612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #17
bakerworld
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFan612 View Post
As the worlds population increases over the next 20+ years we may be looking at huge competition for these sold out resorts. You may not be able to find points to rent or buy at BWV and BCV! Who knows??
As the population ages I think there is going to be a glut of resale. We bought at 51 and we anticipate our contracts on the resale market in another 20 years with 25 years remaining on them.

I sincerely doubt that our 'middle-class' progeny - college grads or no - will be in a position to pay. The time of being able to retire early will be gone as revenue producing middle-management is re-imagined at a lower pay and delayed child rearing proves an expensive experience later in life - medically, socially and educationally. Life won't exist for my progeny as we experience it. I kinda feel sorry for them - which is why we let them share our points and sometimes our vacations.

AKL 2008, BLT 2009, BCV 2013
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #18
NorCalDVC
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkersman01 View Post
I'm not encouraging buying DVC with the intention to make a profit. I've always viewed DVC as prepaid vacation with no residual value. However, maybe our situation is similar to a few others and if you can still utilize a combo of renting points (for those 'nice' vacations) and staying during promo times (for those studio times), maybe it is at least worth a discussion with your significant other.
We did something similar - bought fully loaded resale contracts at VGC and VWL two years ago at a significant discount and sold both contracts recently (completely stripped I might add) at a nice profit. What did we do with this unexpected windfall? Buy at the Grand Floridian of course! The moral of our story is that the Mouse will always get you (and your wallet) in the end.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #19
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

We sold 8 contracts in 2011/2012. Our combined loses on the sales were around $10,000.

My technique is to buy high and sell low.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #20
NorCalDVC
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post

My technique is to buy high and sell low.

Bill
So funny!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:20 AM   #21
jkersman01
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalDVC View Post
We did something similar - bought fully loaded resale contracts at VGC and VWL two years ago at a significant discount and sold both contracts recently (completely stripped I might add) at a nice profit. What did we do with this unexpected windfall? Buy at the Grand Floridian of course! The moral of our story is that the Mouse will always get you (and your wallet) in the end.
Funny and so true!
jkersman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #22
twinsouvenirs
Loving Double Trouble :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydisneyfans View Post
That is why I believe buying into the 2054, 2057, and 2060 units are a better offer now. The price is relatively the same but the use is 12-18 years longer, at some point the 2042s will lose value where the later units will remain strong.
Agreed. I really wanted to buy BWV but the length of contract and MFs eventually swayed me to SSR. Which we loooved when we visited, so that worked out.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #23
Kathy C
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydisneyfans View Post
That is why I believe buying into the 2054, 2057, and 2060 units are a better offer now. The price is relatively the same but the use is 12-18 years longer, at some point the 2042s will lose value where the later units will remain strong.
We have 300 pts at BWV - any chatter Disney will offer the 2057 expiration at the resorts that currently expire in 2042 like they did at OKW?
Kathy C is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: