DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #31
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsetter42 View Post
Nope, to be honest we are flexible. I think my best bet is to go with SSR because it seems to have a lower price point. I'm thinking small contract to start because I see us adding on points at VGF later once they bounce to resale. We are flexible with when we travel so well always have more options available to us at the 7-month mark.

I'd rather wait for a good deal and I'm willing to make offers on a bunch of contracts if I need to until we get one that works out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disbound09 View Post
I think a lot of people are thinking the same thing. It will be interesting to see where the resale market is in a couple of years. We hope they drop so we can afford both the points and the $$ that are needed to stay at VGF
I think you might find that the price will not be much cheaper resale for VGF and the closing costs will be higher. Keep in mind BLT has been selling for the price paid for quite a while. The difference is that people got some pretty good prices for BLT at the beginning. Whereas VGF is high to start with.

People are getting more for VGC than they paid for on the resale market. If VGF turns out to be really popular it might go that way.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #32
Nabas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenLo View Post
I think you might find that the price will not be much cheaper resale for VGF and the closing costs will be higher. Keep in mind BLT has been selling for the price paid for quite a while. The difference is that people got some pretty good prices for BLT at the beginning. Whereas VGF is high to start with.

People are getting more for VGC than they paid for on the resale market. If VGF turns out to be really popular it might go that way.
I think the same thing.

Resales tend to be relatively scarce the first few years after a DVC opens, keeping their prices high. Meanwhile, VGF direct price currently is at $150/point. I suspect it will go higher, potentially much higher. This will only contribute to keeping resale prices up. Finally, VGF is one of DVC's smallest resorts.

Given these factors, I can't imagine VGF resale prices being lower than $130/point for at least several years.

Given the relatively small gap between today's direct price and the potential future resale price, anyone waiting to buy VGF for a much lower price ccould be waiting a long time.
Nabas is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #33
twinsouvenirs
Loving Double Trouble :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
It won't hurt, though, to keep putting in low offers (that you feel comfortable with) and if someone bites you can go for it.
That's what we did--but we weren't in a hurry.

Our Feb '14 Pre-Trip Report - Headed to the Grand Floridian Villas!

twinsouvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: