DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Question about selling and timing

WWYD? I'm planning to sell a contract, but have two vacations booked on it. One isn't until March, so no big deal to cancel when necessary. But the other is end of Oct., so I only have a couple weeks to cancel without sending the points into holding.

Would I be better off waiting to list my sale until after that Oct. trip, or canceling and listing now? I'm not in any particular hurry to sell; it would be nice to have it done within a year. But it's also a stripped contract - canceling my two nights in Oct. would make a few points available before March (UY). OTOH, I'd hate for them to end up unused after canceling, too.

I'm stumped. Any thoughts?

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
kenspidey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
WWYD? I'm planning to sell a contract, but have two vacations booked on it. One isn't until March, so no big deal to cancel when necessary. But the other is end of Oct., so I only have a couple weeks to cancel without sending the points into holding.

Would I be better off waiting to list my sale until after that Oct. trip, or canceling and listing now? I'm not in any particular hurry to sell; it would be nice to have it done within a year. But it's also a stripped contract - canceling my two nights in Oct. would make a few points available before March (UY). OTOH, I'd hate for them to end up unused after canceling, too.

I'm stumped. Any thoughts?
This is easy... Take the vacations and list it now.... Many people do this. Your broker will stare in the listing that you can't close until after vacation is over. All other activities can take place including ROFR.
kenspidey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #3
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenspidey View Post
This is easy... Take the vacations and list it now.... Many people do this. Your broker will stare in the listing that you can't close until after vacation is over. All other activities can take place including ROFR.
Getouttatown - I just assumed it had to be all neat, tidy and unbooked to list! Thanks - I'm so glad I asked!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #4
kenspidey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post

Getouttatown - I just assumed it had to be all neat, tidy and unbooked to list! Thanks - I'm so glad I asked!
I actually have bid on contracts like this on purpose because it gives me time to save the money that I will need at closing. I am sure a lot of people do this.
kenspidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #5
sndral
DIS Veteran

I've seen lots of listings w/ 'cannot close before x date' (especially w/ one of the brokers) in my quest to buy. I personally was never tempted to offer for them, so I haven't noticed whether they languished on the market or sold as fast as non encumbered contracts sold.
It's not rare to see an untidy contract on the market - borrowed points that have to be used by x date, points in holding, for example.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: