Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 02:54 AM   #3511
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
I check in on 9/28, but will be there on the 30th, through the 4th. But I'm not getting bands or FP+. Bummer.
Sadly, the commencement date is for ARRIVALS from 30 September onward, not for guests already there on that date.

You could split your stay if you want, so you technically checkout and check back in again on the 30th (they normally allow people to keep the same room when doing this). Always assuming you don't have any free dining plans/etc which might get messed up by rebooking, anyway. If you do try it, make the new booking (from 30th to 4th) first, and then call to get your old booking reduced in length.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #3512
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Hi so excited to be trying FQ this year (dec 5-9) I'm usually a deluxe resort gal with club level, but took a chance on FQ for its size, and charm as well as significant savings! I am all over the place for this trip to meet my Dis Friends!

I arrive at Disney on Dec 3, spend my first night at POP
Dec 4, move to POR Royal Room/ River view
Dec 5-9 POFQ

How will my getting magic bands work!? I'm excited to try these but don't know if it can "move" with me from resort to resort?

Second? How about the new mugs!? If I buy one my first night at pop, will I need to buy a new one each resort change? Or can my POP mug be programmed to end on the 9th?

Lastly, this is kind of a POR related question, but hopefully some may have a recommendation:
Currently I have a request for pattare place river view royal room, I heard some of the prettiest river views are from that blg. However I don't want to be too far from the bridge that goes to the main blg/ food court area .... Would you recommend I change my request to oak manor to be closer to ammenities?

Thanks for your help! I'm excited for my first MOD stay
80 days today!!!!

Marie

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2013, 10:27 AM   #3513
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
How will my getting magic bands work!? I'm excited to try these but don't know if it can "move" with me from resort to resort?

Second? How about the new mugs!? If I buy one my first night at pop, will I need to buy a new one each resort change? Or can my POP mug be programmed to end on the 9th?

Currently I have a request for pattare place river view royal room, I heard some of the prettiest river views are from that blg. However I don't want to be too far from the bridge that goes to the main blg/ food court area .... Would you recommend I change my request to oak manor to be closer to ammenities?
No one knows for sure how (or even if!) Magic Bands will work in December (or even November) as they are still in testing at the moment. But in theory they can be reused at the next hotel, yes. The expectation is that the current testing phase will probably roll over into a live service, but no one knows the details as yet.

The mugs can be extended (by cast members) for your entire consecutive length of stay at Disney.

For your river view request, Oak is generally closer to the bridge - but the VERY best room are in one of the Parterre wings. Best to just ask for a room close to the bridge rather than any particular building.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #3514
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Thanks Andre! Will call and change my request

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 09-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #3515
Mammaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javin917 View Post
Just posting that the modify checkin worked and we were able to customize bands. Can't wait to see them!
Could you explain please? I was not able to customize our bands and we arrive oct. 11.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #3516
Javin917
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammaz View Post

Could you explain please? I was not able to customize our bands and we arrive oct. 11.
Sure! I had already done the online checkin when our bands became available. I could make FP+ selections but the bands weren't showing up to customize. At the suggestion of another poster, I repeated the online checkin process and the bands showed up after that was done!
Old 09-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #3517
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Sadly, the commencement date is for ARRIVALS from 30 September onward, not for guests already there on that date.

You could split your stay if you want, so you technically checkout and check back in again on the 30th (they normally allow people to keep the same room when doing this). Always assuming you don't have any free dining plans/etc which might get messed up by rebooking, anyway. If you do try it, make the new booking (from 30th to 4th) first, and then call to get your old booking reduced in length.

Andre
Not worth it, thanks, Andre.

On a totally different topic:
Anyone know the easiest grocery store to get to between the airport & POFQ? I'm renting a car and want to do a water/milk/bagel run.

Thanks!
Old 09-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #3518
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Anyone know the easiest grocery store to get to between the airport & POFQ? I'm renting a car and want to do a water/milk/bagel run.
Which route are you taking? There's a Super Target just off the SR417, and a WalMart a mile or so along SR535 (turn off the 536 just before you get to Disney).

Andre

Old 09-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #3519
Fsudisney
Mouseketeer

Just booked 2 rooms at POFQ for 3 nights for F&W festival and MNSSHP in October! So excited! We've never stayed there before and it will be my parents first time staying on property! I hope they like it!

I booked through travelocity. I'd like to request connecting rooms but it did not give me any opportunity to do so when booking. Can I call disney to make this request once it shows up in MDE?

Old 09-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #3520
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Not worth it, thanks, Andre.

On a totally different topic:

Thanks!
I usually hit the Super Walmart on Vineland. Pretty easy to access, it was clean, well lit, the staff was fine and helpful (though I didn't need to ask any questions or use customer service so I only ever interacted with the cashier), reasonable prices, and familiar brands.

http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator/...338220&veh=seo

Old 09-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #3521
summerlady
DIS Veteran

We'll be checking in tomorrow morning! That is all.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~POFQ September 2015~
Old 09-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #3522
siestakey
Malificent Fan

You will love POFQ!! Only resort I stay at now. We will be there in two weeks and again in December. Gotta love living in Florida, I get to go more often. Anywhoo, what I do is call 3 or 4 days before arrival and ask for my special requests. They have never failed me yet! There is also a thread on here about the POFQ and Riverside FAX and phone numbers for requests. Check it out, and have a fabulous time at POFQ. Your parents will love the boat to Downtown Disney, too!

Old 09-14-2013, 08:55 PM   #3523
ihearthatter
Earning My Ears

We're checking in 10/30 for MNSSHP on 10/31 & 11/1 and I'm just getting so excited I had to share! I've been stalking this thread (and a party thread too) for awhile and can't believe it's all happening next month! That weekend will mark the end of our three month stay in the area and what a way to celebrate! We're actually going for my birthday next weekend and it will be our third visit to Disney since we've been here but we stay off site and I am so looking forward to POFQ!!! Thanks to everyone that offers great questions and info for the rest of us!
Old 09-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #3524
Mammaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javin917 View Post
Sure! I had already done the online checkin when our bands became available. I could make FP+ selections but the bands weren't showing up to customize. At the suggestion of another poster, I repeated the online checkin process and the bands showed up after that was done!
That worked!!!!! Thanks so much!
Old 09-15-2013, 06:05 AM   #3525
deadheadmamma4
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if they have a work out room I know I will get a work out but I need to get my daily me time in if not Disney doesn't mind joggerz around the grounds at 6 am do they?(pofq)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: