DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #31
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 7,994

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiselady
I thought the UY was the month that you purchased the points.
One has nothing at all to do with the other.

Also keep in mind also that your points from 2020 are already loaded in your account. You just are limited by the 11 month window and only being able to borrow one UY ahead.
__________________
-Charles

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #32
Cruiselady
Mouseketeer
 
Cruiselady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalee94 View Post
One has nothing at all to do with the other.

Also keep in mind also that your points from 2020 are already loaded in your account. You just are limited by the 11 month window and only being able to borrow one UY ahead.
Thank You for your response.
So I should get 2012 points too since my UY is February? I should expect to 2012 fees as well? So if I am planning to go to WDW in May 2014 I will have 2012 and 2013 points to use?
Cruiselady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-14-2013, 09:36 AM   #33
Mickbee
First voyage of the Magic crossing from Kingdom to Kingdom!
 
Mickbee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: North Salem NY
Posts: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiselady View Post
Thank You for your response.
So I should get 2012 points too since my UY is February? I should expect to 2012 fees as well? So if I am planning to go to WDW in May 2014 I will have 2012 and 2013 points to use?
You will not receive February 2012 points unless they have been banked from 2012 prior to September 30 2012. As you are purchasing directly through Disney, 2012 points will not provide banked points.

We are currently in the 2013 Use Year for February contracts.

If you are planning a trip in 2014, you would be able to bank the February 2013 points into 2014 for a May trip requiring both years points.

Congrats on your purchase!!

I hope that helps.
__________________



Mickbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #34
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,531

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiselady View Post
Thank You for your response.
So I should get 2012 points too since my UY is February? I should expect to 2012 fees as well? So if I am planning to go to WDW in May 2014 I will have 2012 and 2013 points to use?
A trip in May 2014 falls in your February 2014 UY. So you can use current 2014, borrowed 2015 and banked 2013 points. 2012 banked points will expire on Jan 31, 2014.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:13 PM   #35
Cruiselady
Mouseketeer
 
Cruiselady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickbee View Post
You will not receive February 2012 points unless they have been banked from 2012 prior to September 30 2012. As you are purchasing directly through Disney, 2012 points will not provide banked points.

We are currently in the 2013 Use Year for February contracts.

If you are planning a trip in 2014, you would be able to bank the February 2013 points into 2014 for a May trip requiring both years points.

Congrats on your purchase!!

I hope that helps.
Thanks that helps.
Cruiselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #36
Cruiselady
Mouseketeer
 
Cruiselady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
A trip in May 2014 falls in your February 2014 UY. So you can use current 2014, borrowed 2015 and banked 2013 points. 2012 banked points will expire on Jan 31, 2014.
This makes it easy to understand.
Cruiselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:07 AM   #37
bakerworld
DIS Veteran
 
bakerworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Eastern PA
Posts: 688

Well, our WL came thru for the BWV points but they won't honor the $115 price because we're past the 6 month window so we told them to keep 'em. I think we've enough pts currently for our needs - the whole point was to be able to stay at EPcot for the F&W and we can do that with our BCV purchase.
__________________


AKL 2008, BLT 2009, BCV 2013
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #38
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran
 
lovin'fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,707

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Well, our WL came thru for the BWV points but they won't honor the $115 price because we're past the 6 month window so we told them to keep 'em. I think we've enough pts currently for our needs - the whole point was to be able to stay at EPcot for the F&W and we can do that with our BCV purchase.
That's crazy and too bad they wouldn't honor the price from when you went on the WL. I wonder how many folks will still take the points.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #39
Missyrose
DIS Veteran
 
Missyrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 6,655

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Well, our WL came thru for the BWV points but they won't honor the $115 price because we're past the 6 month window so we told them to keep 'em. I think we've enough pts currently for our needs - the whole point was to be able to stay at EPcot for the F&W and we can do that with our BCV purchase.
Good for you for telling them to shove it on their blatant money grab.
__________________
Missy Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 5/14 Past TR: 10/13, 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #40
NJmouse
DIS Veteran
 
NJmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Egg Harbor City, NJ
Posts: 787

well we were put on the waitlist for 75pts BWV Dec UY in Sept while we were there...so maybe we have a chance of picking up the points turned down.
NJmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:14 AM   #41
dundey
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 65

Just curious as to why someone would purchase points direct at $115 when the resale market for BWV is around $95 / pt for smaller contracts?

I'm fairly new to this and did buy resale, and am under the impression that the perks to buying from Disney are not worth the extra $. What am I missing?
dundey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:56 AM   #42
greengeen
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 451

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundey View Post
Just curious as to why someone would purchase points direct at $115 when the resale market for BWV is around $95 / pt for smaller contracts?

I'm fairly new to this and did buy resale, and am under the impression that the perks to buying from Disney are not worth the extra $. What am I missing?
There were incentives offered for BWV in Feb/Mar, when most people on this post got on the wait list. I purchased two 50 point contracts direct, after being on the wait list a few months. It might have taken me years to find similar contracts on resale - it's hard to find small contracts (especially for a specific use year). I got:

$1000 credit/discount on 100 points
2 5-day park hoppers which I converted to annual passes, worth $636
Loaded contracts, not stripped like most resale
6 months no-interest on my Disney Visa - basically a free 6 month loan
$100 Disney Visa Rewards on the purchase
Much lower closing cost ($200) and no broker fees
No waiting, no fuss, points loaded instantly (before the contract was even signed)

I had been watching resales for 18 months and never saw what I wanted, so I'm happy with my direct buy.
greengeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:39 AM   #43
dundey
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 65

Thanks for the response. Makes sense, I'd do the same!!
So much to learn now.....
dundey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #44
Cruiselady
Mouseketeer
 
Cruiselady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 104

I give up

I am still on the waitlist for BWV. I have given up and booked a cruise!
Cruiselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #45
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran
 
Mickey'sApprentice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Montgomery, Alabama
Posts: 4,486

I'm so glad I bought my 100 pt. BWV contract through resale in 2006.

To the OP, you will absolutely adore owning at the Boardwalk!!

Here's some pixie dust for you.
__________________
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT, Jul '14: BWV 40th B-day Trip Report

Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.