DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 07:54 AM   #16
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Smaller contracts might get filled quicker because when they have, say, 75 BCV points and the few people ahead of you want more than 75...then they get skipped and the points go to you. If they get a large contract, like 250 points, they can break that up and fill a couple wait lists with those. They re-acquire more points through default/foreclosure than ROFR, so they are getting points back all the time that we aren't able to see or be aware of (we see on the ROFR thread when someone posts that their contract was taken in ROFR).
Old 07-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #17
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
Smaller contracts might get filled quicker because when they have, say, 75 BCV points and the few people ahead of you want more than 75...then they get skipped and the points go to you. If they get a large contract, like 250 points, they can break that up and fill a couple wait lists with those. They re-acquire more points through default/foreclosure than ROFR, so they are getting points back all the time that we aren't able to see or be aware of (we see on the ROFR thread when someone posts that their contract was taken in ROFR).
Not to mention that it's not like EVERY (or even most) owners ever even post on here much less list the details of their sale or purchase.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #18
Cruiselady
Mouseketeer

waitlist

I am now number five for BW.
Cruiselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #19
Madhattr
Mouseketeer

We wait listed in May for a 60 pt add on and it came through last month. April u/y
Old 09-07-2013, 07:19 AM   #20
icouldlivethere
Mouseketeer

I've been on the wait list for 25 BWV Oct UY points since March 17 and I'm still waiting......

icouldlivethere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #21
Mickbee
First voyage of the Magic crossing from Kingdom to Kingdom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiselady View Post
I am now number five for BW.
Just a suggestion... ask you guide how he/she is qualifying you as "number five".

The points are associated to a Use Year. So my assumption is your guide has placed you on a waiting list for a specific Use Year. Otherwise the reference would have to be for every UY which seems unlikely.

A guide should be able to reference a "list" for each resort and see the folks waiting by UY.

Example: If you are interested in BWV with a February UY, your Guide would be able to tell you how many folks are on the list and the number of points each person desires.

As other folks mention, if a large contract is re-acquired by DVC, it could be broken into smaller chunks.

Each contract is a deeded portion/unit/percentage of a resort (i.e. 0.97% of Unit 72 @ SSR). What is unclear to me is if DVC acquires multiple contracts from various "Units" can they combine the points to resell OR do they need to ensure the acquire sufficient points in the same unit. If they cannot combine points from different units to make one contract (I assume not), it may take longer to build up sufficient points in a single unit to satisfy some wait list requests.

Example:

Scenario #1: DVC re-acquires 250 pts @ VWL in Unit 123
- They may break the contract into smaller contracts (e.g. 2 - 100pt contracts & 1 - 50pt contract) to represent a smaller interest in a particular unit.

Scenario #2: DVC re-acquires 250 pts @ VWL through multiple contracts/deeds in different units (100 in unit 123, 150 in Unit 321)
- ?? Could DVC combine the two units/deeds into a single 250pts contract/deed?? This is unclear to me, but seems unlikely as it would be a nightmare to reallocate Units in to a single deed.

Just random thoughts...

Mickbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #22
bakerworld
DIS Veteran

We're also on the WL for BWV pts - 55 Dec UY

AKL 2008, BLT 2009, BCV 2013
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #23
dmunsil
Disney Uber-Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickbee View Post
Each contract is a deeded portion/unit/percentage of a resort (i.e. 0.97% of Unit 72 @ SSR). What is unclear to me is if DVC acquires multiple contracts from various "Units" can they combine the points to resell OR do they need to ensure the acquire sufficient points in the same unit.
I'm pretty sure that Disney doesn't issue deeds with multiple units represented. They certainly can't add or subtract points from a unit, and they can't (or don't) issue deeds for different use years for the same unit.

Conceivably they could issue a deed that is X% of one unit and Y% of another, but I think they'd be selling two ownerships. Effectively they'd be combining two parcels onto one deed. It would be like someone buying a 100 point and a 50 point contract instead of a single 150 point contract.

wdrl has way more experience dealing with Disney deeds than I do; he would certainly know the definitive answer on this.

Last edited by dmunsil; 09-07-2013 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Fixed wdrl's name.
dmunsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #24
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Dmunsil is correct: points from two or more Units cannot be combined into one deed. Each DVC deed reflects a real estate interest in one, and only one, Unit.

Also, once DVD has assigned a Use Year to a Unit, all the points in that Unit will retain that Use Year for the life of the lease.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:34 AM   #25
Cruiselady
Mouseketeer

I don't know what UY list I was put on. I will have to ask. I have been waiting since the end of May. I hope it is October.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #26
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know what UY list I was put on. I will have to ask. I have been waiting since the end of May. I hope it is October.
If you are doing an add-on, then Disney will sell you points that match your existing Use Year.

If you are on a waitlist for October Use Year points, then the odds of getting your request filled should significantly improve come October 1st. Disney may have points in the Use Year starting October 2013 available right now, but it will not sell those points before the start of that Use Year. The only exception to that rule is when Disney is selling points to a resort that has not opened.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #27
icouldlivethere
Mouseketeer

My husband just got off the phone with our guide. We had called to see if we had moved up the wait list at all for our 25 BWV Oct. UY points and surprise, surprise......he was able to see that our points are available and we should be getting them by the end of the week! Just in time to still get 2012 points! We've been on the wait list since March 19.

icouldlivethere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #28
Cruiselady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just a suggestion... ask you guide how he/she is qualifying you as "number five".

The points are associated to a Use Year. So my assumption is your guide has placed you on a waiting list for a specific Use Year. Otherwise the reference would have to be for every UY which seems unlikely.

A guide should be able to reference a "list" for each resort and see the folks waiting by UY.

Example: If you are interested in BWV with a February UY, your Guide would be able to tell you how many folks are on the list and the number of points each person desires.

As other folks mention, if a large contract is re-acquired by DVC, it could be broken into smaller chunks.

Each contract is a deeded portion/unit/percentage of a resort (i.e. 0.97% of Unit 72 @ SSR). What is unclear to me is if DVC acquires multiple contracts from various "Units" can they combine the points to resell OR do they need to ensure the acquire sufficient points in the same unit. If they cannot combine points from different units to make one contract (I assume not), it may take longer to build up sufficient points in a single unit to satisfy some wait list requests.

Example:

- They may break the contract into smaller contracts (e.g. 2 - 100pt contracts & 1 - 50pt contract) to represent a smaller interest in a particular unit.

Scenario #2: DVC re-acquires 250 pts @ VWL through multiple contracts/deeds in different units (100 in unit 123, 150 in Unit 321)
- ?? Could DVC combine the two units/deeds into a single 250pts contract/deed?? This is unclear to me, but seems unlikely as it would be a nightmare to reallocate Units in to a single deed.

Just random thoughts...

Thanks for this information. I asked how long it would take to have the points in my account. The guide said right away. I thought the UY was the month that you purchased the points. I seem to think that is not so now. I have a call out to my guide.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #29
Cruiselady
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Example:

Just random thoughts...

I talked to my guide, I am number five UY Feb.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #30
bakerworld
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for this information. I asked how long it would take to have the points in my account. The guide said right away. I thought the UY was the month that you purchased the points. I seem to think that is not so now. I have a call out to my guide.
We purchased in August and our UY is December. It should say in your account when you go to see your point totals.

AKL 2008, BLT 2009, BCV 2013
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: