Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #2791
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbruzzetti View Post
Thanks!! I will check them out. I have been to Disney World 5 times now but this is the first time going in November and not staying at Fort Wilderness. It feels like my first visit all over again!!
Isn't it funny how new makes us worry?
I loved Fort Wilderness when we were there.
I don't really remember a lot of Polynesian, but POP was nice too.
Loved POFQ.
We'll see what CSR does. I'm hoping just the fact it's Disney and not home, I'll be loving it.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #2792
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
What ever gave you that idea? Certainly not the new widely accepted MBs and FP+!

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2013, 06:55 AM   #2793
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeeymike View Post
You can put us on the list too. Nov 4-13 at Pop
I will add you to the first post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
Maybe this might be a good idea. We have a wheelchair assesable room at POR. I guess usually the have you on the first floor depending the section your in. (Like no elevators in the AB section) but my mother whould prefer second or third floors so at least I could mention this. Our room only reservation is at pofq garden view and didn't request a wheelchair assesable room since it was only for one night.
In addition to online check-in for POR, there is a Riverside FAQ thread. Andre actually has the fax number for the resort where, even after online check-in, you can fax your request over to [hopefully] get the requests you want. It does help, trust me.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:58 AM   #2794
MouseMomma0304
Earning My Ears

Woohoo 75 days!! 11/22-30 at CSR!

MouseMomma0304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #2795
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomma0304 View Post
Us too!!! Riverside!!
Old 09-08-2013, 07:09 AM   #2796
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
I like the way you think!
I kind of have that "surprise me" attitude.
I've never stayed at CSR and when we were deciding where to go I thought "nah" but FD took me from POFQ. So I'm hoping that the CM makes me love CSR.

When I was calling to switch my reservation to FD, the CM said "well aren't you like most people and will only be there to sleep?" and my answer was pretty much yes because if we go to the pool it might be an hour out of the day. Tooo much to do for me to sit by the pool all week.

My most worry was where to catch the bus, but since each section has a bus stop.....no problem.

We loved POFQ stayed there 2x but I loved CSR more, the pool is great, foods choices very good, and general feel of resorts and rooms are more of a Deluxe feel IMO. I think you will fall in love. We stayed in Casita 1 and loved the location!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #2797
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbruzzetti View Post
Thanks!! I will check them out. I have been to Disney World 5 times now but this is the first time going in November and not staying at Fort Wilderness. It feels like my first visit all over again!!
I love trying new resorts because it is like visiting again for the first time. I'm a little sad now that I changed from the Poly to BWI when Fall Discounts came out because this will be our 3rd stay at BW. Yesterday I brought up about changeing and was given the thumbs down but as excited as I am about going back to BWI I love it there, a part of me wants to try someplace new.

Your going to have a great trip!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 09-08-2013, 07:19 AM   #2798
sjs314

56 Days !

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 09-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #2799
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

63 here but wish it were sooner

77,79,88 OS89,92 FW96 ASM05 OS07,09,11 POP13 POFQ/POR2015 POP
DAD(50), MOM(49) ,SON(17)
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #2800
Jennybump
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney

I loved Fort Wilderness when we were there.
I don't really remember a lot of Polynesian, but POP was nice too.
Loved POFQ.
We'll see what CSR does. I'm hoping just the fact it's Disney and not home, I'll be loving it.
Just FYI, if you haven't seen it already, the DisUnplugged Podcast very recently did CSR as part of their "7 in 7" resort tour, and they were VERY impressed. They said it was "a deluxe resort wrapped in a moderate price tag". Just thought you might want to check it out. :-)

Also, 69 DAYS!!! How does that feel so much closer than 70? I can tell that I'm going to want to start packing soon, but I not sure I'm willing to give dh that kind of ammo to tease me with later. LOL
Jennybump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #2801
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

79 Days here!!! Come on November!!

mrsap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #2802
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomma0304 View Post
We ck in the day before at Okw. So excited.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #2803
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
What ever gave you that idea? Certainly not the new widely accepted MBs and FP+!
Well I am not all that excited about MB and FP+
Already told DH if we get the option that would be his responsibility to figure that out. So not into technology other than my laptop internet and basic use of my smart phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
We loved POFQ stayed there 2x but I loved CSR more, the pool is great, foods choices very good, and general feel of resorts and rooms are more of a Deluxe feel IMO. I think you will fall in love. We stayed in Casita 1 and loved the location!
Thanks for the fingers crossed. It's Disney I can't see why I wouldn't love it. I think it's more the worry have trying to figure things out instead of just going and doing what I know. Precious time that might feel wasted. I'm sure I'll love it.

Quote:
I love trying new resorts because it is like visiting again for the first time. I'm a little sad now that I changed from the Poly to BWI when Fall Discounts came out because this will be our 3rd stay at BW. Yesterday I brought up about changing and was given the thumbs down but as excited as I am about going back to BWI I love it there, a part of me wants to try someplace new.

Yes I agree about the "first time" feeling. I guess it's more because I don't have the freedom to go as often as I would like to go. DS21 has Autism so packing up to just go is complicated. So each time I go I'm not sure if it's my last time. I have to just keep reminding myself it's Disney and not home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennybump View Post
Just FYI, if you haven't seen it already, the DisUnplugged Podcast very recently did CSR as part of their "7 in 7" resort tour, and they were VERY impressed. They said it was "a deluxe resort wrapped in a moderate price tag". Just thought you might want to check it out. :-)

Also, 69 DAYS!!! How does that feel so much closer than 70? I can tell that I'm going to want to start packing soon, but I not sure I'm willing to give dh that kind of ammo to tease me with later. LOL
Someone mentioned that to me before and I lost the information. I'm a little more "able" to figure the forums out now, maybe I can figure out the whole podcast thing and check it out. Thanks for the of the impressed. I'm hoping it meets up to those reviews in my eyes. I tend to be a simple person enjoying the less lavish but nice to get a little spoiled. Heck I've loved all my stays so far.

And to quote mrsap "What do you mean there are other places to vacation besides Disney?!" I love this! Do you know how many times I have heard this comment. dah! They so don't get it!

Thinking about this more, I told DH that maybe I'll stop going to Disney when I've stayed and experienced all the resorts.

Have a magical day everyone!

Oh ya, I'm at 69 and I don't feel much different than 70.
But I think I'll go practice pack.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #2804
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
In addition to online check-in for POR, there is a Riverside FAQ thread. Andre actually has the fax number for the resort where, even after online check-in, you can fax your request over to [hopefully] get the requests you want. It does help, trust me.
I have been going back and forth about faxing a request. In all our years at Disney we've never faxed just put our request in when we made the reservation. After reading the POR Riverside thread there seems to be lots of people faxing and getting their requests.

So FigmentChick you have done this in the past?

wdwnut61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #2805
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Quote:
I love trying new resorts because it is like visiting again for the first time. I'm a little sad now that I changed from the Poly to BWI when Fall Discounts came out because this will be our 3rd stay at BW. Yesterday I brought up about changeing and was given the thumbs down but as excited as I am about going back to BWI I love it there, a part of me wants to try someplace new.

I couldn't agree more and even though we are gong to miss POFQ, DD and I are really excited about staying in a new resort and the royal rooms

Hopefully you can visit the Poly while you're there for dinner, shopping or fireworks on the beach.

wdwnut61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: