Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #256
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

No wonder Fran went bonkers in there, there is just so much stuff to buy. I can't even imagine. And is some of that people's private collections?

I think the cupcakes and cake are cute too.

4,000 people.
Not too shabby for a consolation prize: a Disneyland pre-trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200081
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #257
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I have been way behind on your trip report during the D23 Expo last month.

Now you are making me want to get the Sorcerers tickets a lot for the D23 Expo in 2015 with all of your wonderful pictures.

I remember really well when everyone was coming out of the D23 Arena during the "Art and Imagination: Animation at The Walt Disney Studios" screening where it went longer then expected. I was in the D23 Arena queue for the "Planes" movie. Awesome details during the screening where my DA and I were shopping at the Dream Store and seeing the screening of "Undiscovered Disneyland" at Stage 23. My DA really wanted to go to the screening at the Arena but she was glad that we got to buy some merchandise at the Dream Store and seeing the screening of Undiscovered Disneyland.

It was no joke that going into the Mickey's of Glendale Store was really difficult from the morning all the way to the time when the Expo was over during all three days where the queue was at least an hour to get into the store. It would be nice if the MoG store expands so there won't be a long line.

I could have found something at the Collector's forum during the Expo. It was neat to see all the different stands at the Collector's forum but it almost seems to me when we were walking around the area that half of the vendors were selling Marvel merchandise.

It was really nice to see you at the D23 Expo. We had a great conversation during the Expo where you and Fran got to see the Art and Animation screening at the D23 Arena while we got to see Undiscovered Disneyland. The person that told Tony Baxter that he was getting a window at Disneyland was Tom Staggs. You were correct that Tom Staggs announced to the crowds that three random people in the stands are invited to Tony Baxter window ceremony at Disneyland.

Very nice update. I really need to work on my trip report.
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 09:36 PM   #258
Wonder2008
Mouseketeer

Thank you for all the time and effort you put into writing about the Animation presentation. I'm definitely looking forward to "Frozen" too! Do you have any idea how long it would have taken to check your cameras and go back to pick them up if you weren't Sorcerers? Considering 4,000 people, at least one camera/phone/whatever per person, yikes!

I certainly could have done some "damage" at the Collector's Forum too. I see that Polynesian Great Ceremonial House sign staring at me in one of your pictures. I remember the Disneyana Conventions doing something similar years ago. It was fun because you never really knew what you'd find.

Robert
Wonder2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #259
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

I love your updates, they always make me feel like I am right there with you, minus seeing everything and hearing everything and eating everything....

Anyway, thank you so much for sharing it all with us.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #260
lurkergirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I'm sorry you had to run out, the last part of the presentation was really fun!
The funny part is that they (obviously) wouldn't let the the few of us that left back in, so we were hanging out by the exit waiting for the presentation to end. We could hear John Lasseter talking...and talking...and talking...from the speakers in the over-flow room. He's so passionate!
Disney Magic ~ November 2006/October 2013 (CANCELED)
ABD Viva Italia ~ May 2007
Tokyo Disneyland ~ March 2011
D23 Expo ~ August 2011/August 2013
Disney Wonder ~ September 2011
Aulani ~ December 2011
Disney Dream ~ February 2013
ABD Once Upon a Fairy Tale ~ July 2014
Disney Fantasy ~ April 2015
lurkergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #261
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

OK, so I didn't notice this until after I posted this picture, but right smack in the middle of the picture you see a Mickey ears with a "50" in the middle. This was outside the Tiki Room for the DL 50th Anniversary. We own that now. For those following my Dream Home thread, Fran wants to put that on the Tiki Bar, not sure if she wants it just for posterity or decorations for my 50th B'day party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
And after shopping at MoG, "h3ll awaits you!".

I love the Fantasmic! Mickeys....glad that you and Fran managed to get one of them.
As I said that wasn't my picture, we didn't leave the convention center until the end of the day, but someone posted that on FB, and I had to share...why the heck were they at a DISNEY convention?????

That whole booth was called "The Sorcerer's Apprentice". Everything they had was Sorcerer Mickeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Is there an icon for a mark of respect lol.. I like her style! I will warn my Jo that when we come for the EXPO she better have hit her sales target at work....:-)
There is so much to be had that it is mind boggling. You need to have cash and a good shipping company!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Yes I liked them too! Can't be long now PIO and Alison n Fran! I'm Leaving on a jet plane...( John Denver ) . Now I have to use google. An American friend was laughing at a group of people he referred to as neocons.....I have never heard that term before...must be an American group of folk.
Perhaps your friend means newbies to Comicons. neo = new con=comicons, my only guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkergirl View Post
I totally got sidetracked by the cute cupcakes. Aww!
They were really cute, and they kept coming back every day....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Looks like you had another successful shopping day. The cupcakes are so cute.

Corinna
Every day was a successful shopping day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
More shopping is always a good thing. Especially when it's for Disney items

Omgosh, is that Frank the tractor chasing after Mater and Lightening? Brilliant!
Where did you see the Fran chasing Mater and Lightening? I looked through all my pictures and didn't see it anywhere, can you quote it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
No wonder Fran went bonkers in there, there is just so much stuff to buy. I can't even imagine. And is some of that people's private collections?

I think the cupcakes and cake are cute too.

4,000 people.
Most of them were dealers. I don't think there were any private collectors selling their stuff, at least what I saw.

All the Arena presentations were that crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
I have been way behind on your trip report during the D23 Expo last month.

Now you are making me want to get the Sorcerers tickets a lot for the D23 Expo in 2015 with all of your wonderful pictures.

I remember really well when everyone was coming out of the D23 Arena during the "Art and Imagination: Animation at The Walt Disney Studios" screening where it went longer then expected. I was in the D23 Arena queue for the "Planes" movie. Awesome details during the screening where my DA and I were shopping at the Dream Store and seeing the screening of "Undiscovered Disneyland" at Stage 23. My DA really wanted to go to the screening at the Arena but she was glad that we got to buy some merchandise at the Dream Store and seeing the screening of Undiscovered Disneyland.

It was no joke that going into the Mickey's of Glendale Store was really difficult from the morning all the way to the time when the Expo was over during all three days where the queue was at least an hour to get into the store. It would be nice if the MoG store expands so there won't be a long line.

I could have found something at the Collector's forum during the Expo. It was neat to see all the different stands at the Collector's forum but it almost seems to me when we were walking around the area that half of the vendors were selling Marvel merchandise.

It was really nice to see you at the D23 Expo. We had a great conversation during the Expo where you and Fran got to see the Art and Animation screening at the D23 Arena while we got to see Undiscovered Disneyland. The person that told Tony Baxter that he was getting a window at Disneyland was Tom Staggs. You were correct that Tom Staggs announced to the crowds that three random people in the stands are invited to Tony Baxter window ceremony at Disneyland.

Very nice update. I really need to work on my trip report.
It was nice to see you too! The Sorcerers tickets were so worth it! Take your time on the TR, I'm having trouble keeping up with everyone's TRs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder2008 View Post
Thank you for all the time and effort you put into writing about the Animation presentation. I'm definitely looking forward to "Frozen" too! Do you have any idea how long it would have taken to check your cameras and go back to pick them up if you weren't Sorcerers? Considering 4,000 people, at least one camera/phone/whatever per person, yikes!

I certainly could have done some "damage" at the Collector's Forum too. I see that Polynesian Great Ceremonial House sign staring at me in one of your pictures. I remember the Disneyana Conventions doing something similar years ago. It was fun because you never really knew what you'd find.

Robert
It turns out that at this Expo, they weren't "checking" the cameras, they were giving people little bags that were self sealing. I'm not sure that it was much more than the honor system. The past two Expos they actually checked them and it took an incredible amount of time to get them and return them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
I love your updates, they always make me feel like I am right there with you, minus seeing everything and hearing everything and eating everything....

Anyway, thank you so much for sharing it all with us.
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkergirl View Post
The funny part is that they (obviously) wouldn't let the the few of us that left back in, so we were hanging out by the exit waiting for the presentation to end. We could hear John Lasseter talking...and talking...and talking...from the speakers in the over-flow room. He's so passionate!
He did go on for quite a while, but being inside the presentation, we really didn't mind. We were hanging on his every word!
Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR |It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #262
franandaj

I headed up to the reception where there were several Imagineers present and lot of Disney big wigs. The reception had already been going on for about an hour.

There were free flowing cocktails.

They had some munchies available.

And Butler passed Hors díouvres. Although these first three, I actually nicked the last one from each plate so I didnít take a picture of the plate. This was some sort of Avocado chilled soup.

This was an egg roll, obviously

Now some full plates started to come by. CA Rolls.

Pork Sliders

This was some kind of cream cheese crostini. I only had one of these, I donít like olives.

I was able to make a meal out of the stuff here. I think I grabbed a couple of the sliders for Fran since she showed up late. Once the Disney suits left, the butler passed Hors díouvres did too. But the Imagineers hung around to take pictures. Iíve always liked Joe Rohde since watching the programs on his creating Expedition Everest. I didnít realize that he did the Adventurerís Club, and I know that Aulani is pretty much all his doing.

After the reception was over everyone headed up to the Broadway and Beyond show. This was a really professionally produced show. They also did not allow any photography or recording. I was too tired to take notes on everything that they sang. They had four singers from various Broadway productions who would take turns singing selections from the Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, the Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and a few others. For the last number of the show all four took the stage and sang a medley of tunes together. It was a very enjoyable program.

We went back to the room starving again. I learned something on this trip. There are tons of places near Disneyland that will deliver all kinds of food to your hotel room from Chinese, to Italian to Ribs, and probably you name it. We had picked up one of those tourist magazines in the lobby and found a nice Italian place to bring us some food. I think Fran got some sort of sandwich and I got some Canneloni. No pictures, sorry, but this trip isnít about the food!

Then Fran got to work on her purchases from Mickeyís of Glendale, sorting her pin collection and deciding what LE sets she was going to put up on eBay.

I went to bed. It was a long and exhausting day!
Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR |It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
Old 09-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #263
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

You met Joe Rhode? I'm sooooooooo jealous! I'm exhausting just reading about your day!

Jill in CO
Old 09-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #264
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
You met Joe Rhode? I'm sooooooooo jealous! I'm exhausting just reading about your day!

Jill in CO
That was one of the highlights of the trip. He is such a cool guy. I saw him at a presentation later that I will get to in detail.

If you're exhausted now, just wait until we get further along.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:30 AM   #265
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Amazing update. From Joe Rohde to the pins on the bed. That's some serious stash.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #266
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Wow on getting to meet Joe Rohde and I love the look of all those pins.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #267
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Wow wow wow,,, the met with Joe Rohde is so cool and then the collection of items on the bed, would have made me tired....

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #268
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Oh my Joe and pins! Brilliant! My eyes nearly popped out my head looking at those pins. I love pins treasure my collection. Such a lovely hobby. Great photos you both look lovely. Great finding out about food delivery! Ideal at the end of a productive but tiring day :-)
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 2008, Saratoga The Springs 2009, Saratoga The Springs 2010, Saratoga The Paddocks 2011, Disney Dream 2011, Saratoga The Grandstand 2012, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL Kidani Village 2013, Saratoga 2013 , VWL 2013, Disney Dream 2013, ASMu 2014, Saratoga 2014, AKV 2014, BCV 2014, Disney Dream 2014, VGF 2014

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:47 AM   #269
darrenf67
Mouseketeer

Great TR - what's your eBay store link please?

darrenf67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #270
lurkergirl
Mouseketeer

Wow, the pin pictures? I bow to Fran's shopping and eBaying abilities!
Disney Magic ~ November 2006/October 2013 (CANCELED)
ABD Viva Italia ~ May 2007
Tokyo Disneyland ~ March 2011
D23 Expo ~ August 2011/August 2013
Disney Wonder ~ September 2011
Aulani ~ December 2011
Disney Dream ~ February 2013
ABD Once Upon a Fairy Tale ~ July 2014
Disney Fantasy ~ April 2015
lurkergirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: