Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #1291
kmchisholm
Mouseketeer

A friend told me today that "lazy is just resting before you are tired" so yes, I think that counts
kmchisholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #1292
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmchisholm View Post
A friend told me today that "lazy is just resting before you are tired" so yes, I think that counts
Sounds good i figured it has lazy in its name so it must count.

Also can anyone refresh my memory what time we had to be to ESPN last year. I really want to plan a nap at some point after TL but also need to eat.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #1293
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysummer View Post
I can not believe I broke my toe. It happen at home not running I was just getting over that pain issue on the top of my foot and now this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelftBlue View Post
... I didn't figure out how to dye Nike dry fit fabric until the third try.

You could probably sell your fabric-dying secret and get back some of the money you're out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlaurafsu View Post
Getting ready to head out and do my 10 miles...I am planning to run/walk as much as possible but if necessary will walk the last bit just to get the distance in.

I suspect I might be a little sore this afternoon.
How do you feel?

I got to go to the running shoe store because the inserts I got are NOT working for me. Had them redone and ended up getting entirely different shoes. Please oh please let this work for me....

Running back and forth in different shoes isn't the most fun thing to do the day after a 10 mile stint on the treadmill!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #1294
run2relax
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post

Would you consider the lazy river at typhoon lagoon rest? That's how I'm planning on spending my pre-race day.
It sounds restful, but for me, I would be tired from the heat and sun. It might be hard to stay hydrated enough to run in the evening humidity. It can easilY still be 80 digress at 10pm.
run2relax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #1295
RedskinFan
Mouseketeer

I got my 10 mile run in this morning. Finished in just under two hours

My first ADR is a late lunch at Mama Melrose with the Fantasmic package for 10/3. I can sleep in the next morning before heading to the Expo.
RedskinFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #1296
Weluvdisny
I'm alot calmer than I thought I would be
We're all CRAZY for Disney!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinFan View Post

My first ADR is a late lunch at Mama Melrose with the Fantasmic package for 10/3. I can sleep in the next morning before heading to the Expo.
Good for you! We arrive on 10/3 but not til 8:00 at night so I won't be heading to the expo until Friday. I love to look around but at marathon weekend it was a madhouse! I want to look at the sparkle skirts and hopefully get one if I can get into their booth.

Weluvdisny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #1297
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinFan View Post
That's awesome -= WTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2relax View Post
It sounds restful, but for me, I would be tired from the heat and sun. It might be hard to stay hydrated enough to run in the evening humidity. It can easilY still be 80 digress at 10pm.
Totally agree - my goal last year was to stay out of the sun and heat as much as possible, in addition to being off my feet. I watched football at the resort and took a nap. Planning to do the same this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
I got to go to the running shoe store because the inserts I got are NOT working for me. Had them redone and ended up getting entirely different shoes. Please oh please let this work for me....

Running back and forth in different shoes isn't the most fun thing to do the day after a 10 mile stint on the treadmill!
Ugh, hope the new-new ones work out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post
Also can anyone refresh my memory what time we had to be to ESPN last year. I really want to plan a nap at some point after TL but also need to eat.
I found the Final Instructions here - runners had to be on a race bus at ESPN by 8pm to make it to the corrals on time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysummer View Post
I can not believe I broke my toe. It happen at home not running I was just getting over that pain issue on the top of my foot and now this. The longest run /walk I have only got up to is 8 miles. Oh well I am still going to do the race. Hopefully I can just walk really fast and not be last. felt sorry for myself yesterday.
Oh no! I'm so sorry. Hopefully, the pain will dissipate by then - crossing my fingers for you!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #1298
PrincessV

Still no sign of waivers...

Meanwhile - it's feeling a bit like Groundhog Day to me... gues who's battling IT Band Syndrome heading into TOT - AGAIN??? Yep, this lady. In the opposite leg. I'm starting to feel like this stupid race is jinxed.

It's early - and I won't try to run through it this time - so I'm cautiously hopeful that I can get things mostly repaired by race day. But I suspect I'll need to approach this race as more of a fun run than the PR buster I'd been planning. Maybe, if the stars align and my body's willing, I can take it easy at TOT and nail my half three weeks later.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Old 09-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #1299
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Still no sign of waivers...

Meanwhile - it's feeling a bit like Groundhog Day to me... gues who's battling IT Band Syndrome heading into TOT - AGAIN??? Yep, this lady. In the opposite leg. I'm starting to feel like this stupid race is jinxed.

It's early - and I won't try to run through it this time - so I'm cautiously hopeful that I can get things mostly repaired by race day. But I suspect I'll need to approach this race as more of a fun run than the PR buster I'd been planning. Maybe, if the stars align and my body's willing, I can take it easy at TOT and nail my half three weeks later.
Good grief!! What is it with you and ToT?!?

PR or fun run, I will venture a guess from reading your posts: you will make it as great an experience as possible for yourself no matter what, and then continue to share your gained wisdom with grateful DISers here like myself!

to you, from me!!

PS. Do you use a foam roller to roll out those nasty IT bands before and after running? My physical therapist suggested this to me and so far, so good... *fingers crossed*...

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #1300
PrincessV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnieMom View Post
Good grief!! What is it with you and ToT?!?

PR or fun run, I will venture a guess from reading your posts: you will make it as great an experience as possible for yourself no matter what, and then continue to share your gained wisdom with grateful DISers here like myself!

to you, from me!!

PS. Do you use a foam roller to roll out those nasty IT bands before and after running? My physical therapist suggested this to me and so far, so good... *fingers crossed*...
Carolyn, you ROCK! Thanks so much for that - I needed it! Yep, I foam roll religiously - before and after every run, twice daily even if I don't run. Sometimes thrice, for good measure. I went to my chiro this morning and my right hip was WAY out of alignment; just having her jam it back into place relived a lot of tension in my ITB. I've been "off" ever since a very long, intensive yoga session last week and I suspect the resulting tightness, plus my sprained LCL plus new, - albeit better - shoes was just the wrong combination of stuff at the wrong time. NOTHING NEW BEFORE A RACE!!!!! When will I get that through my dense head?!

I run Disney!
Old 09-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #1301
McCoy
Earning My Ears

Links appeared a few minutes ago for Final Race Instructions. Links didn't work initially, but do now (at least did for me a minute ago).

Hopefully waivers sometime soon
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #1302
McCoy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
Links appeared a few minutes ago for Final Race Instructions. Links didn't work initially, but do now (at least did for me a minute ago).

Hopefully waivers sometime soon
Official race program is up as well...
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #1303
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Omg! Did you see how many corrals? Up to j?! Last year t was only up to d.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #1304
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I bet the corals are smaller though. If you look at the start times the first ones are only a couple minutes apart. With 4 corals I was truly hoping to be in b... Now I will be happy to be in d. With b though I figured I would stay to the back. I bet with fewer people in corals (in theory). Maybe there won't be such a need to watch where I position myself within the coral.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #1305
Weluvdisny
I'm alot calmer than I thought I would be
We're all CRAZY for Disney!!

J? Wow! How many runners do you think are participating?

Weluvdisny is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: