Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #3406
ihearthatter
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

Sorry to scare you!

But yes, that is basically what FP+ is. It gives you the ability to "pull" fastpasses 60 days in advance (by scheduling a "reservation"). I don't know all of the ins and outs, but apparently you are limited to 3 per day and only 1 park per day. There will still be a standby line that you can use and apparently the regular FP system should still be in place, at least for on-site guests. I don't think anyone knows for sure exactly how this will play out until it actually does. But that is the basic gist as I understand it.
Not sure if I'm replying 'correctly' (long time subscriber, first time responder) but this wasn't my feeling about the new system at all. There are still regular lines for all the rides but FP+ let's you pick your FP rides in advance. We were there three days and picked our rides while getting ready in the morning with no problems. It gives you a couple different scenarios and you pick which works best and that's it. Plus it threw in a bonus 4th FP for at least one of the options given. Very user friendly and last minute planner friendly from my experience.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #3407
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihearthatter View Post
Not sure if I'm replying 'correctly' (long time subscriber, first time responder) but this wasn't my feeling about the new system at all. There are still regular lines for all the rides but FP+ let's you pick your FP rides in advance. We were there three days and picked our rides while getting ready in the morning with no problems. It gives you a couple different scenarios and you pick which works best and that's it. Plus it threw in a bonus 4th FP for at least one of the options given. Very user friendly and last minute planner friendly from my experience.
That's pretty much what I said. But, there is the option to choose rides up to 60 days in advance, as well.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #3408
ihearthatter
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Sorry to scare you!

But yes, that is basically what FP+ is. It gives you the ability to "pull" fastpasses 60 days in advance (by scheduling a "reservation"). I don't know all of the ins and outs, but apparently you are limited to 3 per day and only 1 park per day. There will still be a standby line that you can use and apparently the regular FP system should still be in place, at least for on-site guests. I don't think anyone knows for sure exactly how this will play out until it actually does. But that is the basic gist as I understand it.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #3409
ihearthatter
Earning My Ears

Quote:

That's pretty much what I said. But, there is the option to choose rides up to 60 days in advance, as well.
Ah see, I did do it wrong :-P
Posted twice and should have responded to the original question, not your response. Oh well
Old 09-06-2013, 05:12 AM   #3410
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihearthatter View Post
Ah see, I did do it wrong :-P
Posted twice and should have responded to the original question, not your response. Oh well
It's ok! Practice makes perfect!

You did make me read my post 20 times again though. and I think the board is acting wacky, I've seen lots of double posts.

3 Weeks from Today I will be checking into POFQ!!!!.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #3411
Lintasare
Holy
Hello. My name is Inigo Peeptoya...you ate my father...prepare to die
Ok fess up...who killed the riddle?

15 days...I am uber excited.

Though I had a bad dream last night. As a budgeting tool for this trip I got a prepaid AMEX and have been putting money on it each payday for food and souvenirs. I had a dream that Disney didn't take AMEX and I know they do.

Old 09-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #3412
sbarisch
Mouseketeer

Transportation from Saratoga Springs

I'm hoping someone can help me. We'll be in WDW in 2 weeks and have a ADR for The Turf Club Bar and Grill at Saratoga Springs. Will the boat from SSR take us back to POFQ eventually, or will we need to change boats in Downtown Disney?

Thanks in advance!

*1990-Off-site *1993-Off-site *2005-Off-site *2012-Coronado Springs Resort *2013-Port Orleans French Quarter *2014-Caribbean Beach Resort
Old 09-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #3413
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarisch View Post
I'm hoping someone can help me. We'll be in WDW in 2 weeks and have a ADR for The Turf Club Bar and Grill at Saratoga Springs. Will the boat from SSR take us back to POFQ eventually, or will we need to change boats in Downtown Disney?
No, you need to change at the Rainforest Cafι dock (where you will be dropped off from Port Orleans) for a boat over to the West Side dock, and then get a boat from there to SSR. From the marketplace end of DTD it might be quicker to walk or get the bus.

Have you eaten there before by the way? I hear less that stellar reports about it these days.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #3414
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
You have to change boats to the POR/POFQ boat at DTD as the boats are exclusive to the resort.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #3415
sbarisch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
No, you need to change at the Rainforest Cafι dock (where you will be dropped off from Port Orleans) for a boat over to the West Side dock, and then get a boat from there to SSR. From the marketplace end of DTD it might be quicker to walk or get the bus.

Have you eaten there before by the way? I hear less that stellar reports about it these days.

Andre
Thanks! No, we've never been. Not to good lately, huh?

*1990-Off-site *1993-Off-site *2005-Off-site *2012-Coronado Springs Resort *2013-Port Orleans French Quarter *2014-Caribbean Beach Resort
Old 09-07-2013, 02:35 AM   #3416
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Thanks! No, we've never been. Not to good lately, huh?
I've not been myself, but a very recent WDW Today podcast (might have been #1236 last Monday?) really slated the Turf Club. But restaurants can be very subjective and visit-dependent, and reviews can vary a lot, so don't let that stop you if you want to try it. But if it was pin-in-the-map planning, you might want to try a new pin.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #3417
sbarisch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I've not been myself, but a very recent WDW Today podcast (might have been #1236 last Monday?) really slated the Turf Club. But restaurants can be very subjective and visit-dependent, and reviews can vary a lot, so don't let that stop you if you want to try it. But if it was pin-in-the-map planning, you might want to try a new pin.

Andre
Thanks. Haven't listened to that one yet, will have to check it out. What do you think of Raglan Road? I'm considering switching our ADR to there.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #3418
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

Just Checked out but was able to book bb again next year for French quarter
Old 09-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #3419
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Thanks. Haven't listened to that one yet, will have to check it out. What do you think of Raglan Road? I'm considering switching our ADR to there.
Again, not been, but have heard MUCH better reports about it.

Andre

Old 09-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #3420
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We tried Raglan Road in April and really enjoyed it. Pricey, but then again, that's all of Disney. I'd recommend it.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: