Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #91
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I might just be a long lost member of your family. We're related somehow, maybe a past life. Words like this happen in my family all the time! LOVE it!

What!? lmao this is awesome!

Sounds like a fun Jedi training session! I love watching those, we saw one really funny master once too.
Pizza Planet! Yummo! DH's favourite food in the world is pizza, and his favourite pizza is Disney pizza.
Haha! I love finding long lost family! We make stuff up on a constant basis.

I love watching them too, just to see what the kids will do or how the master is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
I just got here, great report so far! My kids call my sister Tata, always have...in Russian (DH's native tongue), the word for aunt sounds a bit like Tata, so I think that's where my DD got it from, but it works - it's short and sweet. Your nephews are adorable. I think it's great you get along so well with your family, and can travel with them. Nothing tests a relationship like traveling together

Looking forward to more of your entertaining report!

Glad you're here. I like the name much better than normal Aunt. It just suits me more.

We travel together often. We had a few moments on this trip, just based on the fact that there were so many people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
I'm in, here, reading and all caught up.....
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
All caught up and getting ready to start my own TR!! I'll send you a PM
I've already hopped on board!
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #92
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Danielle, I'm all caught up. Love your intros and the smiles on the boys faces outside the limo. Your family makes me smile with your funny faces and the joy you all show. Your humor also makes me smile.

Can't wait to see what you do after lunch.
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #93
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post

"Awwwwww, you got my jiblets!"

Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #94
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

I remember the crowds of Brazilian tour groups just like that last July! A perfect picture to capture the moment!

That cappachino cupcake is too die for...love it!!!! Sadly...I usually eat all of it!
TinksThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #95
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Danielle, I'm all caught up. Love your intros and the smiles on the boys faces outside the limo. Your family makes me smile with your funny faces and the joy you all show. Your humor also makes me smile.

Can't wait to see what you do after lunch.
Thanks Kathy! We are a really silly family overall. It's nice to share it with others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
This child is ridiculous, isn't he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
I remember the crowds of Brazilian tour groups just like that last July! A perfect picture to capture the moment!

That cappachino cupcake is too die for...love it!!!! Sadly...I usually eat all of it!
Hahaha! That's what it felt like! This is my second time going in July ever, and I'm definitely not a fan of the tour groups. I don't mind crowds, I've gone over Thanksgiving and New Years before, but tour groups are just a whole other animal!

It was soooooo yummy. Believe me, I didn't always share my desserts. But considering it was the FIRST day of the trip, I wanted to get started on the right foot.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #96
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

It Went From Perfect to Blowed Up to PERFECT AGAIN!

We had just finished up our lunch at Pizza Planet. It did the trick, and most of us were really hungry.

Someone apparently ate himself into a foma......(food coma if you're curious).

We were in the area, so why not head to the Muppets! "With a glorious 3 hour finale celebrating all countries but mostly America!"

Who doesn't love Kermit rocking out?!

I showed the kids the key under the mat, and Joaquin was perturbed by the fact that he couldn't pick it up.

The boys liked the show, especially the finale. After everything blew up and then was fixed, Joaquin looks at me and says:

WOAH! IT WENT FROM PERFECT UP, TO BLOWED UP, TO PERFECT AGAIN! IT'S A TRICK!!!!!!

He is a clever clever boy.

As soon as we stepped out it had started to rain, but it passed over really quickly.

I think it's more appropriate that this says "Joaquin was here."

We shopped around the store for a little while, and while we were there, Mom got the text that the villa was ready!!!!! We were ready to see the villa and were super excited, so we decided to head out of the park.

On our way out, I told Joaquin to go check out the snow!

And he immediately proceeded to tell me that it was not snow and that it was fake!

FOOOOOLLLLLLEEEDDD YOOOOOUUUUUU!!!!

On the way out, we decided to get some photopass pictures.

Look! We can look normal!

Wait? JAZZ HANDS?!

It was after this picture that we started walking out of the park. Jeni turns to me and says:

I FEEL LIKE THERE ARE 100 PEOPLE IN MY PANTS RIGHT NOW, IT'S SO HOT!

I mean, come on. That's how we roll!

We're classy!

We started heading out to the car. It was hot ya'll! Like crazy! I am pale, as you have noticed. I bought Blue Lizard sunscreen, which is supposed to be amazing for us pale folk. Jeni and I were talking about the heat and stuff. I told her that I bought a bunch of tank tops for the trip. But, I told her:

I need to lube up before we go out tomorrow, otherwise I'm going to burn in the sun like Bill Compton!

We made it to the tram and rode to the car. Yeti considered himself to be a daredevil.

Yikes....

We saw this on a car, which was the coolest thing ever!

We headed over to the Treehouse Villas because we were so excited to see it!

We had a villa on the golf course side. So we get out of the car and start heading in. And I'm not kidding....while we are walking in a golf ball flies right past my head! Literally grazed my ear. We all stood around dumbfounded, because we didn't know how to react honestly.

I yelled at the golf course "SOMEONE OUT THERE IS A TERRIBLE GOLFER!" For real, he had to have a wicked hook or slice to even get that close to us, let along whizzing past my head.

Anyway. I lived. I wasn't jacked in the face, jacked in the head, made unconscious, or anything like that.

So inside we went.

We have kitchen.

The boys bedroom.

The second bedroom.

The master bedroom (with a child apparently already climbing on the bed!)

I loved the sink details!

Our view on the deck.

All in all, we really loved it! It was nice and quiet, especially with two loud and rowdy boys!

Soon bell services was bringing up the luggage. And we had a little something for the boys before our dinner reservations...

Up next: They're jeggings!!!!!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #97
CarolynK
DIS Veteran

Muppets is one of my favorites. I think I like the pre-show waiting area more than the movie, there are so many cool things to look for!

Great picture of the whole family!

Upcoming: 12/21/14-12/28/14 WDW**2/27/15-3/3/15 WDW
CarolynK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #98
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It was after this picture that we started walking out of the park. Jeni turns to me and says:

I FEEL LIKE THERE ARE 100 PEOPLE IN MY PANTS RIGHT NOW, IT'S SO HOT!

Quote:

I need to lube up before we go out tomorrow, otherwise I'm going to burn in the sun like Bill Compton!

Well hellloooo fellow Trubie!

The Treehouse Villas look so nice!! I never considered staying there before but now I might have to!
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #99
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I was so disappointed Muppets was closed while we were there.

Love the photopass pictures...you are normal, aren't you? Seriousl, they are great.

I've not seen pictures in a long time of the Treehouse Villas...they look really nice.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #100
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
Muppets is one of my favorites. I think I like the pre-show waiting area more than the movie, there are so many cool things to look for!

Great picture of the whole family!
It's one of my favorites too. I am a HUGE Muppets fan, used to watch the Muppet show constantly when I was a kid. Have them on DVD in fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post

Well hellloooo fellow Trubie!

The Treehouse Villas look so nice!! I never considered staying there before but now I might have to!
Hahaha, Jeni really put it well trying to quantify what the heat felt like. But it made me beg the question "how do you know what 100 people in your pants feel like?"

I have read all of the Charlaine Harris novels. Except the last one. I think I'm in denial that it's the last one......

The Villas were really nice. Since we're DVC, we've just been waiting for the right opportunity to stay there. We had just the right amount of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I was so disappointed Muppets was closed while we were there.

Love the photopass pictures...you are normal, aren't you? Seriousl, they are great.

I've not seen pictures in a long time of the Treehouse Villas...they look really nice.
Muppets closed?! That's sacrilege!

I think I'm normal.....at times.

We really enjoyed the villas and I'm glad that we stayed there. In retrospect, I wish we stayed there the whole time, but being this was Jeni's first BIG trip, we wanted her to experience two different resorts.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #101
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Since I'm enjoying your DLR TR so much, I thought I better join you on a WDW TR too!

Your nephews are so cute! And hilarious. All the fam pics are too funny - y'all must have an incredibly good time together.

I am so excited that you are staying in a treehouse villa! I haven't seen anything about them in ages, and they look so neat.

I guess what I am saying is.... Joining In!!!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:44 PM   #102
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

I too would have loved staying at the Treehouse Villa the whole trip. I love the Animal Kingdom Lodge too but the Treehouse Villa was so nice and big.
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL: 2/15 AK: 8/15 DLH

DVCWDWMEMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #103
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Since I'm enjoying your DLR TR so much, I thought I better join you on a WDW TR too!

Your nephews are so cute! And hilarious. All the fam pics are too funny - y'all must have an incredibly good time together.

I am so excited that you are staying in a treehouse villa! I haven't seen anything about them in ages, and they look so neat.

I guess what I am saying is.... Joining In!!!
Yay, I'm glad you're here too!

The two of them are a trip. Joaquin is very clearly the ham of the bunch. Gavin is just kind of along for the ride on the Joaquin show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
I too would have loved staying at the Treehouse Villa the whole trip. I love the Animal Kingdom Lodge too but the Treehouse Villa was so nice and big.
We will someday. It will be fun!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #104
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay, I'm glad you're here too!

The two of them are a trip. Joaquin is very clearly the ham of the bunch. Gavin is just kind of along for the ride on the Joaquin show.
I have a feeling that Joaquin and my DD have a lot in common.
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:16 AM   #105
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Yay for the muppets! Such a cute show. I always forget how much I like it.

Love the PP pics! I think from now on your family should take one serious photo, and one with some more personality. You know, since I enjoy them so much.

Yay for THV pictures! I've been dying to see the inside of them! I imagine that they'd be a little boys dream come true. That's a lot of space, and you have your own deck???? Holy cats!

at you yelling at the bad golfer. I bet he didn't have the nerve to find that ball.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: