DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #16
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

we've had about 7-8 guides since 1999 - joan hill has been our guide for the past few years.
she is one of only 2 guides that called us every WDW DVC vacation. dorky, i know, but we look forward to it

while we have no plans to buy more points, all of our dealings with her have been exceptional
Old 09-05-2013, 05:29 AM   #17
RobynPrincess
Looking around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhowe View Post
Nick Tamberrino is great! Not at all pushy or sales-y. Great at returning DH's phone calls.
This is our friends guide and they love him too, in fact they even set up a meeting for us so we could talk about buying with him however he told us a few things to persuade us to buy direct rather than resale, things I knew to be untrue (like that disney were buying ALL resale including AKL) so I'm not keen. We since bought AKL resale
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 06:42 AM   #18
CarolynMink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieGirl33 View Post
Jim McCoy! Can't say enough great things about him. First began talking to him in 2001 although we ended up not purchasing until 2004. Original contract plus 3 (4?) add-ons.
Jim is also our guide. We first met Jim seven years before we purchased (OKW stay in 1998). We have added on twice with Jim. Love him.
adding pts BLT;10/13 BCV, 6/13 BCV & BLT,1/13 AKV, 6/12 THV & AKV; 2012 added pts BCV x2; BCV 8/11, AKV, DCL & VWL 8/09, AKV & BWV 1/09, OKW,VWL,SSR; 2/08 add pts VWL; SSR 12/06, ASMo; 12/05 *joined DVC - SSR; Dolphin 3/01, FW cabin 5/00, OKW 5/98, Disneyland 6/96,off property WDW '90, '87, & '81
CarolynMink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #19
JustTinking
DVC Member since 2002

The two times we bought direct (2002 and 2007) we bought from a pleasant old gentleman called Marshall Sutton I believe. Unfortunately he passed, and we've probably had 3 or 4 guides since then, but never met any of them, nor have we ever received any phone calls upon check-in. The roulette wheel turns....

JustTinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #20
rowlands57
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynMink View Post

Jim is also our guide. We first met Jim seven years before we purchased (OKW stay in 1998). We have added on twice with Jim. Love him.
Jim is our guide as well and I would highly recommend him to anyone. To say he is a true gentleman is an understatement.
rowlands57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #21
GOOFY D
DIS Veteran

Have absolutely no idea who my guide is and have never received a courtesy call or email or voice mail from he/she.

1988 - Polynesian * 1995 - Carribean Beach * 1996 - All Star Sports * 1997 - Candy Cane (Disneyland) * 1998 - All Star Music * 1999 - Contemporary * 1999 - Contemporary * 2000 - Disney Wonder /Coronado Springs * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2002 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2003 - All Star Movies * 2004 - Disney Magic (Eastern-San Juan) * 2006 - Contemporary * 2006 - Coronado Springs * 2007 - All Star Sports/Animal Kingdom Lodge * 2008 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2009 - All Star Movies * 2010 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2011 - All Star Sports * 2012 - Disney Fantasy (Western) * 2013 - Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani * 2013 - Bay Lake Tower * 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
GOOFY D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #22
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer

Well I am in California so I'm not sure that this will help but my guide is Tony Tatad and he is amazing! He has been so helpful and was willing to happily answer my questions when I was considering buying in the first time. I literally called him everyday for almost a week. BAHA!

He worked with me to plan my first big vacation and when we realized I didn't have enough points to do exactly what I wanted he never even mentioned adding on. I did! He has never been pushy or pressured me at all. HE'S WONDERFUL!

Our little family :D
= ME = Boyfriend = Kiera = Stormy (Boo) = Blue
rosanab1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #23
gray52
Mouseketeer

We're on our third guide... Anyone know if Tony Heard is still there?
gray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:36 AM   #24
chrisaman
Mouseketeer

I placed a call to my guide 3 days ago and still have not gotten a call back. No very pleased thus far with her.
chrisaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:37 AM   #25
chrisaman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosanab1031 View Post
Well I am in California so I'm not sure that this will help but my guide is Tony Tatad and he is amazing! He has been so helpful and was willing to happily answer my questions when I was considering buying in the first time. I literally called him everyday for almost a week. BAHA!

He worked with me to plan my first big vacation and when we realized I didn't have enough points to do exactly what I wanted he never even mentioned adding on. I did! He has never been pushy or pressured me at all. HE'S WONDERFUL!
Is your guide based out of Disneyland? What is his number, I do not like the one I am dealing with now, can't get a hold of her. Seems like unless I am buying Aulani she doesn't want to deal with me.
chrisaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #26
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisaman View Post
Is your guide based out of Disneyland? What is his number, I do not like the one I am dealing with now, can't get a hold of her. Seems like unless I am buying Aulani she doesn't want to deal with me.
Yes he is We actually go and see him from time to time when we are in the area. Baha. I will PM you right now with his number He has helped us with out trip to Europe through RCI and we are planning a cruise and WDW trip in 2016 so he said when we are ready to book that to come see him so he can walk us through the whole process! You will love him!

Our little family :D
= ME = Boyfriend = Kiera = Stormy (Boo) = Blue
rosanab1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #27
quirty30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreTravels View Post
No disrespect, but you do know that Disney uses a software to generate those "reminders" upon check in, right? Your guide will get a message every time his / her client checks in. With that message, they are expected / advised to give you that sales pitch call.
This may very well be the case, but our "old" guide, Derek Deboer, never missed calling to welcome us home. And it never struck me as a sales pitch. Since DVC closed Doorway to Dreams at Woodfield, and assigned us a new guide, we don't get welcome calls on vacation anymore. So just the fact that the guide gets an automated reminder, doesn't mean they'll take the time to call. I always appreciated it. Oh and our new guide is Lisa something or other...she's based in CA, and I heard from her once when I was considering a VGF purchase.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #28
Kimmielee
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was thereUncle Larry can do anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcastro18 View Post
My guide's name is Tod Bearding he is simply amazing. I have bought 700 direct points from him, his service is really over the top.
Todd Beardon rocks!!!! He's always prompt in returning calls, getting questions answered and helping us with many different scenarios. We have closed 6 contracts with him and not one hiccup!!!

I also will add he calls to greet us while at WDW and has never given us a sales pitch!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Kimmielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:41 PM   #29
cindymouse6
"Remember, it all started with a Mouse!"

Best guide ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Poppins View Post

Hi Everyone!
Just a quick question about your guides? I was wondering if anyone out there had a guide they really liked ? If so could you pass their name along? I had the same guide,Michael Cramer, for the past 7 years. I really liked him. He was always their to answer any questions and he often called us with updates on latest DVC info. The best part was that he was never pushy or waisted my time with nonsense sales pitches. I'm looking to request a new guide with these qualities. Any help would be appreciated

Lisa Poppins

Been a member since 1994 ... gone thru several guides, but the best and longest has been Mr. Cook..... amazing man.....

New Years and marathon OKW 2013-2014; VGF April 2014; BCV July 2014; BLT Oct.2014
cindymouse6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #30
amandaC
Mouseketeer

Bernard Lebeaupin- he's been my guide since 2003. He's great!
amandaC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: