Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #3376
Robin K
DIS Veteran
 
Robin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Springfield, IL
Posts: 683

We leave in 2 days!!! This will be our 2nd stay at FQ...can't wait!
We never got a letter about the fridges so does that mean we will have a working one?
Robin K is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #3377
Mkat35
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
I'm going to be really honest and ask a question of all you FQ lovers and hopefully I won't get my head handed to me for asking.

I have been planning and saving for this trip for 4 years. It will be me, my sis and your 4 daughters (2 ea). I have always wanted to stay at FQ more than any other Disney resort and was thrilled when sis got FD PIN and we booked at FQ.

Then the announcement came out the POR was going to start testing MD/FP+ in September and FQ is not. So disappointed and I am now questioning my resort choice as POR was my 2 choice. Its too late to change resorts but I feel like my family is missing out on FP+ because of the resort I chose. Still looking forward to the trip, but my excitement sure is diminished. Yes, we will be at WDW but still...

Anyone else checking into FQ in September/October having similar feelings?

Seems like FP+ may roll out to all resorts by November 1. We check in October 19th.

thanks.
I understand as we too have been saving for several years and love new technology. We will be arriving at POFQ in 17 days and decided to book a ghost reservation at Pop the night before we check into POFQ. Immediately after doing so the option to customize our MB was available on MDE and I have made all of our FP+ ressies for the 9 park days and have received our bands via overnight delivery. Likely I will eat the cost of the Pop ressie because the extra $120 is worth to convenience of MB for our party of 4 for 9 nights. It may even be possible to cancel the Pop ressie and keep access to FP+ but at this point I am not willing to risk it.
Mkat35 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #3378
RobertLC
Mouseketeer
 
RobertLC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Long Beach, MS
Posts: 231

I haven't seen this yet: the new refrigerators that are going in, are they real refrigerators with a section that can get down to freezing so we can freeze water and such for in the parks, or are they like the coolers we've had previously that didn't get anywhere near freezing?
__________________
1975 - WDW - June - FWC
2012 - WDW - March 31-April 4 - CSR
2013 - WDW - May 22-27 - POFQ
2014 - WDW - May 27-June 1 - POR

RobertLC is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #3379
jtovey56
Mouseketeer
 
jtovey56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Oswego,New York
Posts: 317

Talking A Great Place

I miss this place.It's the resort that everyone said WOW to.
__________________
1997 All Star Music 2000 Coranado Springs
2004 Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Port Orleans French Quarter
2008 Coronado Springs 2010 Caribbean Beach Pitrate Room
2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge
jtovey56 is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #3380
Lintasare
Holy
Hello. My name is Inigo Peeptoya...you ate my father...prepare to die
Ok fess up...who killed the riddle?
 
Lintasare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somewhere in Middle-Earth
Posts: 5,607

20 days to go. I can't wait.
__________________
Numerous trips as a child and adult. Next Trip: 9th Annual Food and Wine Birthday trip to POP!, CP Intern Fall Advantage 2002 Hollywood Brown Derby



Lintasare is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #3381
taylor3297
DIS Veteran
 
taylor3297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 3,959

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertLC View Post
I haven't seen this yet: the new refrigerators that are going in, are they real refrigerators with a section that can get down to freezing so we can freeze water and such for in the parks, or are they like the coolers we've had previously that didn't get anywhere near freezing?
The previous refrigerators were real refrigerators that did not contain a freezer. My uncle was there a couple of weeks ago and towards the end of his stay a new refrigerator was placed in his room. He said it was a small refrigerator without a freezer compartment.
__________________

Last edited by taylor3297; 09-01-2013 at 09:19 PM. Reason: darn typo
taylor3297 is offline  
Old 09-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #3382
dani7776
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertLC View Post
I haven't seen this yet: the new refrigerators that are going in, are they real refrigerators with a section that can get down to freezing so we can freeze water and such for in the parks, or are they like the coolers we've had previously that didn't get anywhere near freezing?
Here now and these new fridges stink !! No freezer and hardly keep thing cold gonna go say something in the morning maybe it's just ours ?
dani7776 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 04:32 AM   #3383
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,166

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani7776 View Post
Here now and these new fridges stink !! No freezer and hardly keep thing cold gonna go say something in the morning maybe it's just ours ?
There is not meant to be a freezer - they are fridges, not fridge/freezers. Just think yourself lucky, a lot of people at Disney just now don't have anything.

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 06:41 AM   #3384
Mkat35
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 70

We will be arriving in 18 days and our girls are very excited about roasting marshmallows around the campfire. I was just reading that the s'mores kits are no longer available is this true? If not I can bring graham crackers and chocolate in my carry on. But I figured I would check here first. Thanks!
Mkat35 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #3385
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkat35 View Post
I was just reading that the s'mores kits are no longer available is this true? If not I can bring graham crackers and chocolate in my carry on.
They give out free marshmallows, but they don't sell the smores kits any more - there's no reason why you can't bring your own stuff though.

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #3386
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran
 
mom2AidanAndEli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 1,410

Just got back from our first visit to POFQ and we loved it! The fact that everything is so close makes it the most convenient resort we've stayed at. And it's so peaceful and relaxing!

We had a garden view room and ended up in building 3, second floor (3223 to be exact). Perfect location! Close to everything, but still quiet.

We did have a working fridge, which I had both faxed and called to request. Don't know if that helped to get one or if we just got lucky, but I was very happy to have one that worked!

In fact, we booked the Free Dining bounce back for next year and chose POFQ again! We actually just went with a standard view room since it doesn't seem like there's a bad room in the whole resort---I was actually surprised we could do the standard view and still get free dining, but I'll take it!

I think we've found our home away from home....
__________________


POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
mom2AidanAndEli is online now  
Old 09-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #3387
sunset7132
DIS Veteran
 
sunset7132's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 1,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
Just got back from our first visit to POFQ and we loved it! The fact that everything is so close makes it the most convenient resort we've stayed at. And it's so peaceful and relaxing!

We had a garden view room and ended up in building 3, second floor (3223 to be exact). Perfect location! Close to everything, but still quiet.

We did have a working fridge, which I had both faxed and called to request. Don't know if that helped to get one or if we just got lucky, but I was very happy to have one that worked!

In fact, we booked the Free Dining bounce back for next year and chose POFQ again! We actually just went with a standard view room since it doesn't seem like there's a bad room in the whole resort---I was actually surprised we could do the standard view and still get free dining, but I'll take it!

I think we've found our home away from home....
I have fd a POFQ in nov I pray they have a bounce back ill grab it
__________________
sunset7132 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #3388
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!
 
DMGeurts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: DON'T feed the children!
Posts: 7,646

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
Just got back from our first visit to POFQ and we loved it! The fact that everything is so close makes it the most convenient resort we've stayed at. And it's so peaceful and relaxing!

We had a garden view room and ended up in building 3, second floor (3223 to be exact). Perfect location! Close to everything, but still quiet.

We did have a working fridge, which I had both faxed and called to request. Don't know if that helped to get one or if we just got lucky, but I was very happy to have one that worked!

In fact, we booked the Free Dining bounce back for next year and chose POFQ again! We actually just went with a standard view room since it doesn't seem like there's a bad room in the whole resort---I was actually surprised we could do the standard view and still get free dining, but I'll take it!

I think we've found our home away from home....
Yay!!! We just returned as well, and I booked a FD bounceback for next year too!!! I am super excited about it!

We were in room 6220 and we also had a new fridge... I was going to request one in my fax, but I decided to leave it up to the Disney Gods... I was very happy to have a fridge in my room upon check in. It sure kept items colder than then one we had last year - and I liked the compartments in the door... They were very nice for bottles of water/soda. The fridge was big enough to store a pizza box from left-overs at WPE. However, there wasn't a freezer compartment - but I did not need one, so it wasn't a big deal for me.

POFQ was amazing - as always! It is our favorite resort and always our first request.

The food court was great this time too - the food was excellent every time we ate there... And the CM who makes the beignets every morning always knew me before I got to the window. I love that they let me order the beignets, pay for them, then go refill our mugs - so just when I was finished, I could pick them up and walk out the door - it made everything very efficient!

We did not get too much time to spend in the pool area - considering it was Aug, I thought we would take full advantage - but by the time we were back to our room every night, the last thing on our mind was swimming.

But the grounds were beautiful... The CMs - I just cannot say enough great things about... Over our 10 day stay, we never met one single CM who didn't have a smile on their face. Fantastic!!!

For the most part - no problems with the busses... There were a few times we had to wait... A few times we had to run... And a few times where they were really crowded... but overall - it wasn't too bad.

I highly recommend this resort to anyone that asks. It is so nice to have a peaceful place to stay after the hustle and bustle of the parks.

D~
DMGeurts is offline  
Old 09-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #3389
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
I'm going to be really honest and ask a question of all you FQ lovers and hopefully I won't get my head handed to me for asking.

I have been planning and saving for this trip for 4 years. It will be me, my sis and your 4 daughters (2 ea). I have always wanted to stay at FQ more than any other Disney resort and was thrilled when sis got FD PIN and we booked at FQ.

Then the announcement came out the POR was going to start testing MD/FP+ in September and FQ is not. So disappointed and I am now questioning my resort choice as POR was my 2 choice. Its too late to change resorts but I feel like my family is missing out on FP+ because of the resort I chose. Still looking forward to the trip, but my excitement sure is diminished. Yes, we will be at WDW but still...

Anyone else checking into FQ in September/October having similar feelings?

Seems like FP+ may roll out to all resorts by November 1. We check in October 19th.

thanks.
I am a little concerned, but not because I want the bands. I'm concerned because of all the other resorts testing that we'll be shut out of the headliners. Especially if the MB folks can "double dip" with both FP+ and FP-.

But I'm not concerned enough to switch resorts!
__________________


snykymom is offline  
Old 09-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #3390
SABeasley98
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post

I am a little concerned, but not because I want the bands. I'm concerned because of all the other resorts testing that we'll be shut out of the headliners. Especially if the MB folks can "double dip" with both FP+ and FP-.

But I'm not concerned enough to switch resorts!
I agree. I could go either way on MB testing & FP+ but I am worried that we are going to miss out because of the # of resorts that are testing and the double dipping. Has anyone heard any rumors or news about POFQ being added to the testing list in October? We will be there 10/22-10/28.
SABeasley98 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: