DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
Maximus68
Earning My Ears

Grand Floridian Villas

I see its at 150 a point. I have more than I need for BLT. I wanted to buy some points to stay for 3 maybe four nights. Booking 7 months out is a pipe dream-no one is getting in if it's not their HR. Anyway, after 9 nights at BLT, we set sail on the Fantasy on Saturday. Do they offer an incentive? Anyone know? They still have a ton of points to sell so it won't sell out over night.
We are coming back to BLT after the cruise so I guess we could check it out from here too.
Maximus68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
timandjanl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus68 View Post
I see its at 150 a point. I have more than I need for BLT. I wanted to buy some points to stay for 3 maybe four nights. Booking 7 months out is a pipe dream-no one is getting in if it's not their HR. Anyway, after 9 nights at BLT, we set sail on the Fantasy on Saturday. Do they offer an incentive? Anyone know? They still have a ton of points to sell so it won't sell out over night.
We are coming back to BLT after the cruise so I guess we could check it out from here too.
I thought it was $160 pp, but I can't remember. I have the paper at home. But you're right - it's at least $150 pp. There are no incentives for VGF now and the guide I worked with when we were thinking about buying direct said "there probably never will be."
timandjanl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
spears2008
Earning My Ears

I think you will be able to get into the Grand Floridian at 7 months for the next year or so. They declared 75% of the resort available for DVC bookings, but have only sold a small portion of that to VGF owners, leaving lots of availability for non-VGF DVC owners to make a reservation.

I currently have 2 reservations at VGF: 1 made at the 4 month window (for Nov 2013 reservation) and 1 at the 7 month window (for a February 2014 reservation). You may have trouble getting a studio, but I've been finding the 2 bedroom villas wide open. (not that it matters w/in the 7 month window, but I own at BLT and BWV).
spears2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
Maximus68
Earning My Ears

I agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandjanl View Post
I thought it was $160 pp, but I can't remember. I have the paper at home. But you're right - it's at least $150 pp. There are no incentives for VGF now and the guide I worked with when we were thinking about buying direct said "there probably never will be."
I know it is 150 right now. I'm at BLT and I asked. I was thinking like you - no incentive- But they only sold 12% of the points so far. I thought it would have been A LOT more by now. People aren't spending like they used to. I have BLT points so I don't really need, I just thought it would be nice to stay there. I really don't think there is any shot at getting in 7 months out. My time to come is late August Like around the 15th to Labor Day. 3-4 nites is fine then ill pack up and go back to BLT.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
wdrl
DIS Veteran

The reports here on the boards are that DVD is not offering any incentives for VGF to DCL passengers. The VGF price on the ship is the same as on land: $150/point.

Remember that you normally have a 10-day cancellation window to back out of a contract. You could sign a contract while aboard the ship and, once you get to WDW, check to see if the price is cheaper. If it is, you can cancel the contract you signed on the DCL and sign a new contract at WDW. Its extra work for everyone involved, but its one way to save a few dollars.

I would be very surprised if you find different prices at different locations, at least for VGF. Please report back on your experience!
Old 08-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #6
timandjanl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I know it is 150 right now. I'm at BLT and I asked. I was thinking like you - no incentive- But they only sold 12% of the points so far. I thought it would have been A LOT more by now. People aren't spending like they used to. I have BLT points so I don't really need, I just thought it would be nice to stay there. I really don't think there is any shot at getting in 7 months out. My time to come is late August Like around the 15th to Labor Day. 3-4 nites is fine then ill pack up and go back to BLT.
Yeah, the guide I talked to basically said there probably would never be incentives for it b/c it's GF and it should sell itself. But you're right - people aren't spending like they used to. Maybe they will consider some incentives down the road. We came close to buying VGF direct, but in the end we wanted more points so we went the resale route. Waiting on ROFR now. Maybe down the road we'll look to buy at VGF. Have a nice time on your trip!
timandjanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #7
micandsofsmom
Earning My Ears

I'm just off the Fantasy. There were zero incentives for VGF. They had them for Aulani and AK. Have a great cruise. ship is amazing!
micandsofsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:15 PM   #8
Maximus68
Earning My Ears

Thanx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandjanl View Post
Yeah, the guide I talked to basically said there probably would never be incentives for it b/c it's GF and it should sell itself. But you're right - people aren't spending like they used to. Maybe they will consider some incentives down the road. We came close to buying VGF direct, but in the end we wanted more points so we went the resale route. Waiting on ROFR now. Maybe down the road we'll look to buy at VGF. Have a nice time on your trip!
THANX for the replies and the well wishes. One last thing on it. They want to sell because they have a Poly DVC that we all know about. So maybe they will offer something. I'm not worried about being tempted there. It really isn't my style. Neither is GFV. It sort of looks like my house. I live in a Victorian. I just really love that pullout bed under the TV and the TV in the bathroom mirror. I know. I am outta my mind. I just think its cool!
Old 08-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #9
Maximus68
Earning My Ears

Ha ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandsofsmom View Post
I'm just off the Fantasy. There were zero incentives for VGF. They had them for Aulani and AK. Have a great cruise. ship is amazing!
One who was just there and knows! THANX for telling me. I won't waste time. How was the sail? Was it smooth? What did you do that I should go check out?
Old 08-20-2013, 02:21 PM   #10
Maximus68
Earning My Ears

I will

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
The reports here on the boards are that DVD is not offering any incentives for VGF to DCL passengers. The VGF price on the ship is the same as on land: $150/point.

Remember that you normally have a 10-day cancellation window to back out of a contract. You could sign a contract while aboard the ship and, once you get to WDW, check to see if the price is cheaper. If it is, you can cancel the contract you signed on the DCL and sign a new contract at WDW. Its extra work for everyone involved, but its one way to save a few dollars.

I would be very surprised if you find different prices at different locations, at least for VGF. Please report back on your experience!
THANX for the response. Will get back here if I find anything different!
Old 08-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #11
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandsofsmom View Post
Old 08-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #12
drusba

DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was thinking like you - no incentive- But they only sold 12% of the points so far. I thought it would have been A LOT more by now. People aren't spending like they used to.
VGF has been on sale to existing members for less than 3 months and to new owners for 2. If in fact DVD has already sold 12% of the resort, it is on a record pace for sales for a new resort, not a slow one. Reports on DVCNews show DVD sold 226,439 VGF points in July, the highest ever single month point total for any DVC resort.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:40 PM   #13
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
VGF has been on sale to existing members for less than 3 months and to new owners for 2. If in fact DVD has already sold 12% of the resort, it is on a record pace for sales for a new resort, not a slow one. Reports on DVCNews show DVD sold 226,439 VGF points in July, the highest ever single month point total for any DVC resort.
That was a record since July of 2010 when the poster (wdrl) first began tracking direct sales points on a monthly basis so I don't think it's correct to say it was the highest ever for any DVC resort. Unless you've seen other info someplace?

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #14
jerseyduke
Mouseketeer

Animal Kingdon is now 100 declared, and based on the past two months is on track to sell out right around the new year.

VGF are 12% sold as of the end of july, if that pace keeps up, it will sell out in a year and a half to 2 years! Now, the pace probably will not hold, but once AKV are done, all that is left in Florida will be VGF, so the pace might.

I think the POLY is going to get rushed because of this. Who knows what VGF sales projections were, but it seems like they are being blown out of the water, the way it seems they are pushing the poly along.

IE...no incentives

Prior to 2008 (few at the poly, few off property)
2008 - AllStars
2010 - Poly
2012 - Poly/PO-RS
2013 - VGF&WL
jerseyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #15
jerseyduke
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
That was a record since July of 2010 when the poster (wdrl) first began tracking direct sales points on a monthly basis so I don't think it's correct to say it was the highest ever for any DVC resort. Unless you've seen other info someplace?

Correct

http://dvcnews.com/index.php?option=...ial&Itemid=449

Prior to 2008 (few at the poly, few off property)
2008 - AllStars
2010 - Poly
2012 - Poly/PO-RS
2013 - VGF&WL
jerseyduke is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: