The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #976
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

We have arrived .

In Spas, building 2, top floor. Exactly as we requested .

Unfortunately, it was dark by the time we arrived, so we didn't get to "see" much of the resort, however the unit itself is spectacular.

Looking forward to exploring the grounds tomorrow.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #977
FrankieDplus3
Can't wait to go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
We have arrived .

In Spas, building 2, top floor. Exactly as we requested .

Unfortunately, it was dark by the time we arrived, so we didn't get to "see" much of the resort, however the unit itself is spectacular.

Looking forward to exploring the grounds tomorrow.
Welcome "home". Tomorrow is our last day here and we'll be spending it at the resort. We'll probably hit up the Super pool and the Springs pools that day.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
FrankieDplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2013, 07:06 AM   #978
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieDplus3 View Post
Welcome "home". Tomorrow is our last day here and we'll be spending it at the resort. We'll probably hit up the Super pool and the Springs pools that day.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks . If you happen to be at the Super Pool in the evening, keep your eyes peeled for us and say hello . We are not hard to miss....three lily white Canadians, two BIG fellas and one dark-haired short lady . We will be out and about for the morning and afternoon, but the evening will be all pool time!

Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 08-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #979
nenaramirez
Earning My Ears

Red face Going in two weeks

Hi everyone!
I am from Venezuela and my party of 5 will arrive on Sept 7 for a week stay (Interval exchange).
I already read almost the whole thread and learned so much about the resort and the necessary things when arriving there.
I hope my request from Diamond Lane will be taken and will tell you about our stay in few days.
Is anyone going for the same week?
Regards,

Magaly
nenaramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #980
WaltsMartini
Mouseketeer

Hi All - It's been quiet here for a while - hopefully someone can answer a few questions for me!

If we have a package through Costco, is Diamond Lane check-in still available to us? How early would you recommend we call and make any special requests? Our arrival date is October 20.

Also, what's the Publix like nearby? Do they have carry-out meals ready to go, like sandwiches, pizzas, etc...? We are thinking of doing a few lunches/dinners at our condo to save some $$$...
“Walt Disney is a thing, an image that people have ...I drink and I smoke and there are a lot of other things I do that don’t fit that image. But that image stands for something, and you don’t have to explain to people what it means.” Walt Disney

Say hi to me on Twitter at WaltsMartini for Disney Happy Hour at any hour!
WaltsMartini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #981
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltsMartini View Post
Hi All - It's been quiet here for a while - hopefully someone can answer a few questions for me!

If we have a package through Costco, is Diamond Lane check-in still available to us? How early would you recommend we call and make any special requests? Our arrival date is October 20.
We booked our package through JetBlue Getaways, and we were able to use Diamond Lane with no issues (I believe its available to anyone ). We submitted our requests 2 weeks in advance, and every one was honoured.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:29 AM   #982
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltsMartini View Post

Also, what's the Publix like nearby? Do they have carry-out meals ready to go, like sandwiches, pizzas, etc...? We are thinking of doing a few lunches/dinners at our condo to save some $$$...
There are a couple of Publix within easy drive of the resort. We prefer the one at Vineland and I-Drive (but approach via I-Drive to avoid traffic). It is more upscale than the one at 535/192 (Irlo Bronson). Yes they have a fair selection prepared foods that you can take away either hot or heat and serve.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th

bankr63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #983
WaltsMartini
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone! We cannot WAIT for our trip - doing MNSSHP, Universal parks, Food and Wine, and heading down to Theme Park Connection for shopping - I'm so glad we picked this resort because of the great location!
“Walt Disney is a thing, an image that people have ...I drink and I smoke and there are a lot of other things I do that don’t fit that image. But that image stands for something, and you don’t have to explain to people what it means.” Walt Disney

Say hi to me on Twitter at WaltsMartini for Disney Happy Hour at any hour!
WaltsMartini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #984
keeperof4
Earning My Ears

That time again!

Can't believe it ,its that time again planning vacation 2014.I guess we all know where we will be staying. This site and those that have helped in planning have been a blessing ,to bad others still choose to seek third party advise and suffer a less than memorable vacation as our friends did.(Family of five) Choosing to travel in August to get that great deal?I advised them of our trips to Disney and the problems because of poor planning,They booked through a travel agent locally that was offering great on site value at one of the Disney resorts??.(All inclusive) They were booked flights with two stop overs each way,first in Toronto with a thirty minute stop over ??,missed that flight and were able to arrive at Orlando some six hours late.Arrived at resort 130 am with the first park planned for that morning,arrived at buffet breakfast to find apx. hundred others in a feeding frenzy, arrived at MK to find it was at max capacity by early morning unprepared no water, snacks 100 degrees plus. My I need say more of their fist day a Disney theme park,no preferred guest passes?? only regular lines for rides.(fast passes long gone) Price did not offer any meals,drinks in the parks ,only at the resort.(Great deal?)Arrived back at resort first night to find cold remnants of a buffet offered.Were given a two bed sofa for five night stay ,mini fridge only, nights music noise kept them up until after 12, 1am. Seems this scenario repeated its self threw out the stay& at all parks they attempted to take in in such a short time.(Blizzard Beach?) , attempted to enjoy pool(s) at resort but were so crowded even in the later part of the day that this was futile. So it appears that although the were able to visit Disney, they were not able to return with the magic memory that this once great theme park offered.With the extra cost of quality affordable meals off resort,thousands to stay in what is portrayed as a luxury resort,it would seem they did not get that great deal.The point is do your research before you PAY. Take the advice of those that have traveled before you.Find a quality off site resort like SVR,that gives you a full kitchen to prepare your own snack,meals,and is only a short drive away. Rent a car! Although many resorts offer shuttle it does not give you the freedom to travel around the Orlando area,Taxis are not cheap,planning two weeks Feb /March 2014 This trip most likely , Universal and enjoy the pools and all that is offered at SVR.
keeperof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #985
DisDee
DIS Veteran

We're getting ready for our vaca which starts next week. I have a couple of last minute questions (and maybe more)...

Has anyone ever had a massage at the resort? Are they offered both at the gym and poolside? What is the cost or where can I find it?

Does the Lakes pool have a bar and snackbar?

Thanks!

Next trip...Vistana Resort-October 2013, MNSSHP, Discovery Cove, Sea World and Aquatica

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." St. Augustine
DisDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #986
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDee View Post
We're getting ready for our vaca which starts next week. I have a couple of last minute questions (and maybe more)...

Has anyone ever had a massage at the resort? Are they offered both at the gym and poolside? What is the cost or where can I find it?

Thanks!
Never had a massage, but the following is from the Sheraton site:

Quote:
Let your cares drift away when you indulge in a relaxing massage. Specializing in Swedish, deep-tissue, sports, aromatherapy, and reflexology techniques, SpaFreshing Massage’s trained professionals will ensure that your vacation is worry-free.

Indulge in a 25-, 50-, or 80-minute treatment in one of our exceptional private massage rooms and poolside cabanas. For appointments, call (888) 611-1060.
I would suggest a quick call to that number to confirm cost and availability.

Lakes/Fountains pools are centrally located in the North Side complex with easy access to the Liki Tiki Bar and Snack Bar.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th

bankr63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #987
Tinky624
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks!
I had a massage at the end of our 2 week stay in June. My back was very tight for most of our trip and toward the last few days we were at the Cascades pool when we noticed the pool side massage available. The lady was very nice and said she had an appointment in the upstairs massage room at the Falls pool and if I wanted to meet their after the appointment it would be more relaxing. She was right! Very quiet and the masseuse was wonderful. I know next June I will start my Vacation with this splurge of luxury. As for price I believe I paid $100 for the hour plus tip. Hope that helps.
Disney Fairy Tale Wedding 4/8/2000, Honeymoon DCL-Wonder 4/00, Polynesian 4/00, Magic Eastern 6/2001, Magic Western 5/2003, Magic Eastern 5/2004, Grand Californian 5/2005, Magic Double Dip 6/2006 , Thomson Safari in Tanzania (thru DVC) 7/2008 , Magic Western 7/2009 **brought home a "little souvenir" , Dream 6/2011, Dream 12/2012, Wonder Western 3/2013, Updated Magic 12/2013, Grand Californian 3/2014, Wonder 12/2014
Please stand clear of the doors - "Por favor, mantenganse alejados de las puertas"
Tinky624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #988
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Diamond Lane?

Hi guys. Getting closer to our stay and can't seem to find the link to Diamond Lane anymore on the website. Anyone know where to find the link so I can do my early check in/requests? Thank you!

Last edited by mrsap; 10-14-2013 at 01:36 PM.
mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #989
DisDee
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the responses regarding the spa/massage. We're leaving tomorrow and I can't wait.

Next trip...Vistana Resort-October 2013, MNSSHP, Discovery Cove, Sea World and Aquatica

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." St. Augustine
DisDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #990
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Hi guys. Getting closer to our stay and can't seem to find the link to Diamond Lane anymore on the website. Anyone know where to find the link so I can do my early check in/requests? Thank you!
Here you go :

https://www.mystarcentral.com/servic...?propertyId=01

Quote:
Thanks for the responses regarding the spa/massage. We're leaving tomorrow and I can't wait.
Have a fantastic trip!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: