Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #3241
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javin917 View Post
We have a garden view booked and would like to be as close as possible to the bus stop. However, we tend to sit outside with the door propped open a bit while we're waiting for our 2 year old to fall asleep, so it would really help if we're not facing the movie courtyard. This throws a wrench into my plan of just checking "closest to ground transportation" on online check-in! Would calling to specify a building be our next best option (I'm guessing it'd be too much to put away from the movie but closest to the bus)? Maybe building 2 or 3?? Thanks!
See the first post in this thread for info about faxing requests to the resort 3-5 days before arrival, or http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php for more in-depth discussion. Just ask for a room close to the bus stop, but not within earshot of the evening movies. The 'street' side of building 6 might be a good choice.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 08-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #3242
karen4546
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
The only publicly posted number for the resort is the one in the first post here, but I'm afraid you'll need to persuade the person who answers the call at the main WDW call center that they should transfer you to an on-site cast member.

I don't really think it is appropriate to post direct telephone extensions (or email addresses) for particular managers in a public forum, even if they might have been kind enough to have given out their details to one guest for the purposes of sorting out a specific problem.

Andre
Thank you-I will give it a try.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #3243
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry24b View Post
Six o'clock fight tomorrow morning. So excited!!!
Hope you win!

Have a great trip!

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Old 08-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #3244
harry24b
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstonetim View Post

Hope you win!

Have a great trip!
Thanks! It probably will be a fight to get everyone out of the house by 3:30 am.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #3245
Javin917
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
See the first post in this thread for info about faxing requests to the resort 3-5 days before arrival, or http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php for more in-depth discussion. Just ask for a room close to the bus stop, but not within earshot of the evening movies. The 'street' side of building 6 might be a good choice.

Andre
Thanks! I had read about sending a fax but to be honest, was planning on doing the easiest option of just calling and adding a line to our reservation (instead of writing a whole fax letter). But we really don't want to be facing the movie and it would open up closer options like street side of building 6 which I never considered and would be perfect! Time to start drafting that fax I think!
Old 08-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #3246
Mickey1Fan
He had five fingers and was wearing white gloves

I did the on line check in. Am I going to get an email confirmation of the check in because I have not as of yet. MDE does show 'modify check-in' so I'm worrying for nothing - right?

TA phoned at an earlier date and asked for a high floor and garden view. If I have now asked for a corner and the second floor at the on-line check in have I messed myself up?

We don't arrive until well after 7 pm so I'm hoping for some pixie dust at check-in as far as a top floor, or a garden view, or a corner room.

Last trip...WDW Port Orleans French Quarter and DCL Disney Fantasy September 2013

Dreams Take Flight Group Leader 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
http://yyz.dreamstakeflight.ca/
Old 08-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #3247
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javin917 View Post
Hi! I'm trying to figure out our room request and could use some help! We have a garden view booked and would like to be as close as possible to the bus stop. However, we tend to sit outside with the door propped open a bit while we're waiting for our 2 year old to fall asleep, so it would really help if we're not facing the movie courtyard. This throws a wrench into my plan of just checking "closest to ground transportation" on online check-in! Would calling to specify a building be our next best option (I'm guessing it'd be too much to put away from the movie but closest to the bus)? Maybe building 2 or 3?? Thanks!
I'd ask for building 4, rooms 4105 to 4110 or 4143 to 4148. We stayed at 4105 and we had the most perfect room. Very close to the bus stop, around 50 feet, and not near the movie courtyard. Call Disney and make note that request on your reservation but sending a fax is the best way to make sure they know how important room location is to you.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #3248
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey1Fan View Post
I did the on line check in. Am I going to get an email confirmation of the check in because I have not as of yet. MDE does show 'modify check-in' so I'm worrying for nothing - right?

TA phoned at an earlier date and asked for a high floor and garden view. If I have now asked for a corner and the second floor at the on-line check in have I messed myself up?

We don't arrive until well after 7 pm so I'm hoping for some pixie dust at check-in as far as a top floor, or a garden view, or a corner room.
I have never gotten an email confirming check in. Once you do it, you have the option to print it out. But, if you are showing the option to "modify" now, you should be all set. I wouldn't worry about it.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 08-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #3249
Javin917
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80 View Post
I'd ask for building 4, rooms 4105 to 4110 or 4143 to 4148. We stayed at 4105 and we had the most perfect room. Very close to the bus stop, around 50 feet, and not near the movie courtyard. Call Disney and make note that request on your reservation but sending a fax is the best way to make sure they know how important room location is to you.
You did get a perfect room! Hopefully we will be that lucky too! Thanks!
Old 08-22-2013, 10:41 PM   #3250
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Staying at FQ October 11-18 and bummed FP+ testing has not yet come to FQ but did to riverside. Debating a switch, though no guarantee of being selected for the test. Any word on October resorts using the FP+ S part of a test or bigger roll out? Why not FQ???

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Old 08-23-2013, 04:48 AM   #3251
Jellybass
Mouseketeer

packing is complete and confirmed my water is sitting at FQ, now it's just being patient....
Old 08-23-2013, 05:13 AM   #3252
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnerella View Post
Staying at FQ October 11-18 and bummed FP+ testing has not yet come to FQ but did to riverside. Debating a switch, though no guarantee of being selected for the test. Any word on October resorts using the FP+ S part of a test or bigger roll out? Why not FQ???

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I am disappointed too, we are at FQ October 19-26 and were really hoping to have a chance to use MB/FP+ as it will likely be 4-5 years before we are back to WDW.But I have been wanting to stay at FQ for years so happy with my resort choice.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:44 AM   #3253
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
I am disappointed too, we are at FQ October 19-26 and were really hoping to have a chance to use MB/FP+ as it will likely be 4-5 years before we are back to WDW.But I have been wanting to stay at FQ for years so happy with my resort choice.
I was under the impression that there will be no October testing as they are intending the system to be rolled out by October / November. I'm not sure what the official position is on this though as I've been away from the Boards much of this week so anything could have happened
Old 08-23-2013, 05:45 AM   #3254
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post

We'll be at POFQ 17-26 October too...

I don't want to test nothing... I even get annoyed with CM's wanting to poll me at parks.... Please just leave me alone and let me have fun...

Let Disney work out their problems with this new system and then approach me with it... Never wanted to be a guinea pig....and take time away from my vacation,,!

DIS Dads Club Member
Old 08-23-2013, 05:52 AM   #3255
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe of ohio View Post
We'll be at POFQ 17-26 October too...

I don't want to test nothing... I even get annoyed with CM's wanting to poll me at parks.... Please just leave me alone and let me have fun...

Let Disney work out their problems with this new system and then approach me with it... Never wanted to be a guinea pig....and take time away from my vacation,,!
This + 1.

I'll be at POFQ from 9/27-10/2 and I'm looking at this as probably my last chance to enjoy things as they are, no magicbands! I'm sure we will have to use them for our trip next August.

I am not an uber planner and gave up on DDP some time ago because we hate being tied down to a million reservations. Now they are doing the same thing with rides and shows, etc....

I will enjoy my trip next month the way I always do, carefree and what I want, when I want. Especially during F & W when I may end up spending more time at Epcot than anywhere else.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: