DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #18
chainkid
Mouseketeer

I think the value of DVC means different things for different people. Since I bought several contracts in 1999 when they were fairly cheap compared to today, I can honestly say I could sell all my contracts for alot more than I paid for them right now. I have had wonderful family trips that my points have paid for. I could not possibly have paid for my whole extended family to go on vacation together in deluxe resorts. Have I saved money...no not at all. The kicker is that I would never go to disney as much as I have if it was just my DH and I and we had only in the past been able to afford the parking lot view at a moderate resort. DVC has changed my life in a very good way. I have lived the good life at a cost far less than the good life costs at disney. My family who could never afford disney even in a value resort have been several times as my guests and the joy of seeing all the cousins bonding is worth more than money could buy. So while the lodging is far better than i could afford on a cash basis, the frequency of visits , the air fare and all the other things the mouse extracts from your wallet are a big drain.

I could afford to pay cash for DVC at the time and the dues are so far manageable but to say owning DVC has saved me money..that would be a NO
chainkid is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: