DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 11:03 AM   #16
twinsouvenirs
Mother of Dragons :)

I put in an offer with TTS and didn't hear back all day... then heard back mid day the next day that the contract sold that day and they emphasized that it sold at full list price several times, with apologies.... the sales person/broker did emphasize that he made repeated attempts to convey my offer but it is frustrating, since they were apparently able to reach the seller with that full price offer.

I never had an accepted contract so it's not as though the rug was pulled out but I really expected to hear back with at least a counter (it was not a total lowball) rather than hearing back over a day later that it sold.

Light annoyance is the current result.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #17
wrighter
DIS Veteran

The logistics, science, psychology and business of the resale. Someone needs to do their Masters Thesis on this! Lol!!!
April 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas-----October 2014 Boardwalk Villas-----April 2015 Family Reunion at Saratoga Springs
wrighter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #18
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighter View Post
I'm so sorry, Belle & Ariel. That just plain ol' stinks. When I saw that they appeared to be the ones who got "your" contract, I asked who they used at Fidelity - I thought perhaps maybe someone at Fidelity had more clout than someone else. But do I understand correctly that you were not using a Fidelity agent? But this agent was putting in your offer on a Fidelity contract? It all seems so confusing. And it certainly leaves a bad taste in your mouth! And mine - I put in an offer on another contract at Fidelity yesterday - haven't heard anything back yet. Not sure if I want to!

Here's to hoping that something better comes along soon. Keep your head up!

Did you see that there is another 100 point contract available? I think it just came up yesterday. Dec UY at AKV . . . It's priced high but you could still make an offer. The price listed on the one we made an offer on was high, also. But it never hurts to try.

Some of the resale companies have agreements where they will let each other sell their listings. Say you have previously used XYZ resales but ABC DVC has a contract you want. So that you can work with your preferred broker, they share the listing and split the commission. We were working with such a broker who called Fidelity Friday to confirm the contract was available since so many listed are actually already sold. It was and we made the full price offer which was accepted. Rather than Fidelity sharing the commission, they pulled it back and sold it to their buyer so they could keep the full commission. The seller would never know--they had a full price contract on Friday that is instead going to someone who came along later. I doubt this is the first time they have done this--the likelihood of the original buyer and the later buyer both posting here the same day are very small. Who knows what they get away with. I would not do business with them. There are reputable ethical companies out there who deserve our business--Fidelity does not.
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #19
Mickbee
First voyage of the Magic crossing from Kingdom to Kingdom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsouvenirs View Post
I put in an offer with TTS and didn't hear back all day... then heard back mid day the next day that the contract sold that day and they emphasized that it sold at full list price several times, with apologies.... the sales person/broker did emphasize that he made repeated attempts to convey my offer but it is frustrating, since they were apparently able to reach the seller with that full price offer.

I never had an accepted contract so it's not as though the rug was pulled out but I really expected to hear back with at least a counter (it was not a total lowball) rather than hearing back over a day later that it sold.

Light annoyance is the current result.
I'm not an expert here, but as I have experienced is if a seller is not able to be reached AND a full price offer is received, the full price offer satisfies the sellers terms and would go directly to contract. I've been a seller several times and some contracts we sold didn't we receive a call presenting the offer; the full price offer went right to contract as the full term/price was satisfied.

If any request for change outside the norm (i.e. extended closing period) are requested, the revised terms will need to be presented and agreed by the seller. Another potential delay... It may seem like an insignificant requests, but the realtor are required to present the revision.

My advise to the "spouse is in a meeting": Establish your purchase parameters together well in advnace of finding your ideal contract. As soon as you come across the ideal contract satisfying your terms, pull the trigger. If you hesitate on prime contracts for a few dollars or indecision, the contract could slip away. It is human nature to want to haggle a bit and better the position with a slightly better deal. This could also lean to a loss...

For the small contracts, weigh the closing costs, absence of points, and dues to establish the true point-cost. Sometimes a point cost may seem higher but the current year points are available, though the seller is paying these costs. The higher point cost will be overall reduced at closing.

Example: 150 point Vero contract with all 2013 points available and the seller pays 2013 dues is $1,111.00 less the buyer has to pay at the closing table. If the seller is asking $3 more than the average contract without paying the dues, you are saving $661 in the end.

This example isn't intended to discuss Vero dues vs SSR or anywhere else. Just an example.

Also establish your value of banked points. A loaded contract with banked, current and future points may mean a lot to you, or nothing.

We recently purchased two great small contracts because we had the parameters set and bought as soon as listed.

Best of luck and happy hunting!!

Last edited by Mickbee; 08-25-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Mickbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #20
Mom B
DIS Veteran

Your day will come!

Sorry to hear about your "misfortune," but have faith! Your day...or contract, should I say...will come! Best of luck to you!
PO 11/92, WL 10/97, OKW/VB 1/99, ASMo/OKW/Royal Mansions 10/02, BWV 1/04, SSR/BWV 1/06, OKW/VB 1/07, SSR 1/09, VB/AKV/SSR 1/10, VB/OKW 1/11, VB/AKV 1/12, VB/First Members Cruise on the Disney Dream/AKV 1/13, BLT 9/13, 40th Anniversary OKW 1/14, VB/AKV/VB Family Reunion Trip 10/14 - The best is yet to come!

10/2004 DVC members Vero Beach 5/2008 DVC members Old Key West 1/09 DVC members Animal Kingdom Kidani
Mom B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #21
kydisneyfans
It may be because they are too embarassed to show it in public

Having the same problem. After 2 years of thought, we have the finances ready to jump in. The issue is that everything advertised is gone. Why leave it on the website if it's no longer available?

I have made 3 inquiries today by phone and email, none have responded.

Does anyone have any ideas to possibly get on a mailing list to get new DVC offers before they're posted-some type of insider newsletter or similar to get advance notice of a posting?
kydisneyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #22
puppytrainer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydisneyfans View Post
Having the same problem. After 2 years of thought, we have the finances ready to jump in. The issue is that everything advertised is gone. Why leave it on the website if it's no longer available?

I have made 3 inquiries today by phone and email, none have responded.

Does anyone have any ideas to possibly get on a mailing list to get new DVC offers before they're posted-some type of insider newsletter or similar to get advance notice of a posting?
Hopefully someone else will have a tip on this. I subscribed to both the TSS and Resales DVC newsletters as well as the TSS on FB, but in all cases I've seen listings on their websites before I receive e-mails or see a posting on FB. Sorry I don't have better news.

Me DD (10)

1999-Port Orleans ~ 2009-Pop Century ~ 2011-Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ 2013-Disney Fantasy-Western Caribbean ~ 2014-AKL/Disney Dream-Bahamas/BCV
puppytrainer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: