DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #1
wrighter
DIS Veteran

Well shoot dang - one day too late for resale

Boooooo. I'd wanted to put in an offer on a resale contract yesterday, but had to wait until close of business to confirm the specifics with DH - he was in meetings all day. Called first thing this am and someone else swooped in and got it. Big fat bummer.

Live and learn. And now we wait to find another one - while hoping the prices stabilize!
April 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas-----October 2014 Boardwalk Villas-----April 2015 BLT & Magic 7-Day Western Caribbean-----2015 Family Reunion at WDW?
wrighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
twinsouvenirs
Loving Double Trouble :)

They are FLYING off the shelf. Half the time when I call to ask they say "oh, that one just sold"
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #3
crisi
DIS Veteran

I'd get confirmation on specifics from your husband now. "I'll pull the trigger if I see this resort, or this resort, for this range of points, for this much money or less, OK?"

Good contracts don't wait for husbands to get out of meetings.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #4
wrighter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisi View Post
I'd get confirmation on specifics from your husband now. "I'll pull the trigger if I see this resort, or this resort, for this range of points, for this much money or less, OK?"

No they certainly don't! Lol!

This was our first attempt at resale, and I'd done lots of homework. But experience is the best teacher, right? I'm going to look at the bright side: Now that DH knows we must be quick, perhaps it will mean a contract with more points! :-)

Onward!! Come on, contracts! Where are you?
April 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas-----October 2014 Boardwalk Villas-----April 2015 BLT & Magic 7-Day Western Caribbean-----2015 Family Reunion at WDW?
Old 08-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

Which contract was it?
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
timandjanl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighter View Post
Boooooo. I'd wanted to put in an offer on a resale contract yesterday, but had to wait until close of business to confirm the specifics with DH - he was in meetings all day. Called first thing this am and someone else swooped in and got it. Big fat bummer.

Live and learn. And now we wait to find another one - while hoping the prices stabilize!
Dang! Sorry to hear that. We saw a SSR contract on Saturday night and submitted the online form to get more info. TSS responded the next morning (Sunday). The contract had been up less than a day. We went ahead and made an offer and it was accepted within 1 hour. PP is right - they are flying off the shelf. Good luck the next time around.
timandjanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
wrighter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle & Ariel View Post
Which contract was it?
Fidelity, AKV, 160 points, $75 pp, Dec UY

Just out of curiosity - are you the contract thief? :-)
Old 08-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #8
crisi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No they certainly don't! Lol!

This was our first attempt at resale, and I'd done lots of homework. But experience is the best teacher, right? I'm going to look at the bright side: Now that DH knows we must be quick, perhaps it will mean a contract with more points! :-)

Onward!! Come on, contracts! Where are you?
I would recommend ranges - if you want VAKL, that's good. But from there say 150-175 points. Use year in the Spring (or whatever). And anything under $XX a point - assuming the contract has not been stripped. If its been stripped, have a value for lost points.

Then, once you do pull the trigger, do the impossible - stop looking. Because I guarantee you the day after your offer is accepted, you'll find something with loaded points for $3 a point cheaper than you just paid.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #9
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Fidelity, AKV, 160 points, $75 pp, Dec UY

Just out of curiosity - are you the contract thief? :-)
No but I thought we were. We had thought we bought the Fidelity 100 pt AKV for $70 a point. Offer was accepted yesterday then today we find it was sold to someone else.
Good luck to you (and us).
Old 08-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #10
wrighter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No but I thought we were. We had thought we bought the Fidelity 100 pt AKV for $70 a point. Offer was accepted yesterday then today we find it was sold to someone else.
What the heck?! How does that happen - where you're told your offer was accepted - only to learn it was not? Who dropped the ball there? Talk about a let down. Which broker were you using? I'm so sorry - that really stinks.

I was sort of hoping it was you who got "our" contract. In some weird way, it would have stung less if I'd known it was a fellow DISer who got it. At least then I'd know it was by someone with a true appreciation for it! Lol.

Best of luck to us both. Praying to the resale angels!!!
Old 08-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #11
Kidanifan08
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Stalk, stalk, stalk. AKV contracts still come up fairly frequently. But, don't hesitate . . . when you see what you want, you need to be ready to jump on it. Fortunately, you are looking at contracts larger than 100 pts, which tend to sit available a little longer than the 50-100 pt contracts. The good news for you is that they have sold the largest number of points for the Dec UY, so they come up fairly frequently. We have a Dec UY at AKV, too, and have done four small add-ons over the past 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisi View Post

Excellent advice. Have a max price and max number of points and then be ready to bid. And I would advise calling and talking to a human. Don't count on an e-mail bid holding any water against someone who was willing to call and be on hold.

Quote:
What the heck?! How does that happen - where you're told your offer was accepted - only to learn it was not? Who dropped the ball there? Talk about a let down. Which broker were you using? I'm so sorry - that really stinks.
Strange things happen at Fidelity. 'Nuff said.
POP 2004, POR Oct '08, SSR Jan '09 (first DVC trip!), AKV-K June '09, ASM Oct '09, CBR Jan '10, AKV-K Dec '10, CSR Feb '11, OKW Aug '11, Kidani/BLT Oct '11, BWV/GF Mar '12, Jambo-CL/BLT May/June '12, Kidani Dec '12, BWV Apr '13, BLT/Kidani July '13, Jambo-CL Apr '14, BCV/Kidani July '14, BWV/GF Oct '14, Jambo Dec '14, Jambo-CL July '15

Kidanifan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #12
DisneyDenis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That's just not fair !!! Once a buyer and seller agree, Fidelity should not present any other offers to the seller. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #13
wrighter
DIS Veteran

It's interesting, because when I wanted to make an offer on a contract with Fidelity, the women I spoke with said that an offer had already been made, that the sellers had not responded to it yet, but that they would not present multiple offers to the sellers.

A rogue employee? The whole thing is just odd. And makes me nervous that I currently have an offer in with them! Guess we'll see.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #14
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDenis View Post
That's just not fair !!! Once a buyer and seller agree, Fidelity should not present any other offers to the seller. Just my 2 cents.
The later buyer has posted on here. Apparently our contract was through another agency who has reciprocal deals where they sell each other's listings. Our offer was made Friday and accepted Monday. Hers was made Monday and accepted Tuesday. Tuesday afternoon we got a call that our contract went to another buyer.
I think both offers were full price and they presented ours to the seller, it was accepted. Fidelity would have to split the commission with our agent. They got an identical offer from one of their clients and figured they could substitute it and keep the full commission, probably thinking no one would ever find out. We both post here and so it is obvious they are not acting legally or ethically.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #15
wrighter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The later buyer has posted on here. Apparently our contract was through another agency who has reciprocal deals where they sell each other's listings. Our offer was made Friday and accepted Monday. Hers was made Monday and accepted Tuesday. Tuesday afternoon we got a call that our contract went to another buyer.
I think both offers were full price and they presented ours to the seller, it was accepted. Fidelity would have to split the commission with our agent. They got an identical offer from one of their clients and figured they could substitute it and keep the full commission, probably thinking no one would ever find out. We both post here and so it is obvious they are not acting legally or ethically.
I'm so sorry, Belle & Ariel. That just plain ol' stinks. When I saw that they appeared to be the ones who got "your" contract, I asked who they used at Fidelity - I thought perhaps maybe someone at Fidelity had more clout than someone else. But do I understand correctly that you were not using a Fidelity agent? But this agent was putting in your offer on a Fidelity contract? It all seems so confusing. And it certainly leaves a bad taste in your mouth! And mine - I put in an offer on another contract at Fidelity yesterday - haven't heard anything back yet. Not sure if I want to!

Here's to hoping that something better comes along soon. Keep your head up!

Did you see that there is another 100 point contract available? I think it just came up yesterday. Dec UY at AKV . . . It's priced high but you could still make an offer. The price listed on the one we made an offer on was high, also. But it never hurts to try.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: