Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Rewards Programs
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

"Urgent" Disney Visa Question

If I pay for my entire cruise vacation using my Disney Visa do I get 2% of the total back or is there some kind of cap.

Need to book tomorrow so appreciate some quick help!

Thank you!
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #2
Scoobydoo76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotraveltx View Post
If I pay for my entire cruise vacation using my Disney Visa do I get 2% of the total back or is there some kind of cap.

Need to book tomorrow so appreciate some quick help!

Thank you!
As far as I know there is no cap. Years ago there use to be a cap with the original Visa Rewards Card but it was removed a while back. I always pay for our cruises using our rewards cards and have always received the appropriate reward points. We now get 2% with the new card.
Scoobydoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
starwood
This mouse GOT her next cruise
I won't even tell my DH what I'm doing. He already thinks I'm nuts

You don't need to pay more than the deposit when you book. I always pay my deposit and pay it off in 6 months interest free and then a few weeks before the final payment is due I pay the rest and pay that off in 6 months.

Environmentallity Begins With You
starwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:03 AM   #4
princessnpirate
Mouseketeer

If you use the card onboard to pay for the expenses on a cruise is that eligible for 6 months 0% interest as well?
Old 07-02-2013, 12:25 AM   #5
JohnThomson
Earning My Ears

No need to pay extra bucks. But I don't think they offer 2% off on the total sum. Utmost you can have a transaction with 0% interest. That's all.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:13 PM   #6
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwood View Post
You don't need to pay more than the deposit when you book. I always pay my deposit and pay it off in 6 months interest free and then a few weeks before the final payment is due I pay the rest and pay that off in 6 months.
This is what we do.....
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:24 AM   #7
Bayoumama
Mouseketeer

What about the 6 months 0% interest on a package for the parks - not the cruise. We are planning to go to the parks December 2014. I wanted to book it right now so I would at least have it reserved but not start the 6 months 0% interest till about September 2014. Can I use the card to book it now to reserve (which if I remember reading correctly they would just charge you $200 or $250?) and then call back in September 2014 to get the "package" and then the 6 months would start to pay it off with 0% interest? What is everyone's experience with the best way to do this so I can have the reservation now but not start the 0% interest till September?

We are going early December (the week right after Thanksgiving) so I think it is a low crowd time?
Bayoumama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #8
Bayoumama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayoumama View Post
What about the 6 months 0% interest on a package for the parks - not the cruise. We are planning to go to the parks December 2014. I wanted to book it right now so I would at least have it reserved but not start the 6 months 0% interest till about September 2014. Can I use the card to book it now to reserve (which if I remember reading correctly they would just charge you $200 or $250?) and then call back in September 2014 to get the "package" and then the 6 months would start to pay it off with 0% interest? What is everyone's experience with the best way to do this so I can have the reservation now but not start the 0% interest till September?

We are going early December (the week right after Thanksgiving) so I think it is a low crowd time?

ha nevermind, I called the reservation center and she explained it to me.....just booked and will wait till September to pay in full. This is a pretty good perk !!!!
Bayoumama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #9
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Reading through these Visa threads brought a question to mind - is the $49 fee for the Premier card considered a "Disney" purchase or an "other" purchase?

When we pay our annual fee, do we get 2% rewards or 1%?

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #10
canyoncam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
Reading through these Visa threads brought a question to mind - is the $49 fee for the Premier card considered a "Disney" purchase or an "other" purchase?

When we pay our annual fee, do we get 2% rewards or 1%?
It is a fee. Not a purchase. You get nothing.

canyoncam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #11
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyoncam View Post
It is a fee. Not a purchase. You get nothing.
Phooey!

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: