Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 06:49 AM   #3121
MinnieMeggy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

If the other solutions don't work out for you, I expect the resort could do something for you via the front desk / bell services.

Andre
These FRIO packs look pretty damn good, so we'll probably buy one of those.
But thank you Andre :D
Old 08-16-2013, 08:10 AM   #3122
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICMDGO View Post
We also arrive on the 19th. Mybe we'll both get lucky with the bands!
Fingers crossed for us both!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #3123
MinnieMeggy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post

Fingers crossed for us both!
What I've just done for the second half of my stay (at AKL, first half is POFQ) change your check-in time and you're then able to customise your bands :D
Old 08-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #3124
Jellybass
Mouseketeer

Just called the resort to reqeust top floor near dining, lets see some pixie dust..
Old 08-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #3125
jgperkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
If the buses are being shared, you will get on a general "Port Orleans" bus at the parks and that will most likely go to Port Orleans first and then the Riverside stops.

They are being sold and activated at the registers now, and the sensors to control the drinks machines will be activated on Monday 19th August.

Andre
Hi Andre,

We are checking in on the 18th. How will this work for us? Should we wait and get our mugs on the 19th to avoid confusion?
Aug. 09, Off site: We got engaged! Swan: July '07,DD First trip! Riverside: April '08, Wilderness Lodge: May'09, Corn. Spring: Aug. '09, Polynesian: April '10, ASMovies & Carribean Beach: Aug.'10, Riverside: Feb. '11, Pop Century: April '11, Wilderness Lodge & Cruise on the DREAM & Kidani Village, Aug. '11 for 10 year anniversary, Pop Century, Sept. '11, Aug. '12 Family Trip: Carribean Beach, Mar./Apr. '13 Cruise on the Fantasy & AOA, Aug '13, French Qrt., Dec. '13 1st Xmas Trip Wilderness Lodge August 2014 Back to Wilderness Lodge!
jgperkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #3126
lilfish
Earning My Ears

Just back from POFQ!

We just returned from POFQ last night! It was AMAZING!!!! We were sad to leave!

We had booked a standard room - we were upgraded to a garden view room in building 2. It was beautiful!!! We had a fridge in our room - and the rooms were perfect! My kids loved the hidden mickeys on the bedspreads!

I thought building 2 was perfect - we were close to the pool, food court, and gift shop.

We used the pool almost every day. It never seemed crowded- and we were there at all different times of the day - morning, noon and night.

We ate in the food court - and were always happy. The fresh made ice cream sandwiches are HUGE - and delicious!!! We ate breakfast there most days before heading to the parks.

We watched a movie on the lawn one night - lots of fun! We also roasted marshmallows. Marshmallows were included - as many as the kids wanted to eat. The pool games were also fun. One day we spent just hanging out at the hotel!

We walked down to Riverside for dinner one night - we ate at Boatwrights - it was so DELICOUS!

It was our first time on property - and we LOVED every minute of it!!!! Thanks for all your tips!!!!!
Old 08-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #3127
MinnieMeggy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfish View Post

We had booked a standard room - we were upgraded to a garden view room in building 2. It was beautiful!!! We had a fridge in our room - and the rooms were perfect! My kids loved the hidden mickeys on the bedspreads!

I thought building 2 was perfect - we were close to the pool, food court, and gift shop.

We used the pool almost every day. It never seemed crowded- and we were there at all different times of the day - morning, noon and night.

We ate in the food court - and were always happy. The fresh made ice cream sandwiches are HUGE - and delicious!!! We ate breakfast there most days before heading to the parks.

We watched a movie on the lawn one night - lots of fun! We also roasted marshmallows. Marshmallows were included - as many as the kids wanted to eat. The pool games were also fun. One day we spent just hanging out at the hotel!

We walked down to Riverside for dinner one night - we ate at Boatwrights - it was so DELICOUS!

It was our first time on property - and we LOVED every minute of it!!!! Thanks for all your tips!!!!!
Ahhhh this mini review excites me so much! I'll be there in 31 days!
It will be my first time on property too so hearing all your amazing comments makes me that little bit more excited to get there
Old 08-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #3128
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Living vicariously through your trip - sounds wonderful! Can't wait to return

Me DH DD DGD(5yr) DGD(1.9yr)
[
1975 OS 1978 DL 1986 Poly 1988 Poly 1990 Poly 1998 CBR 2000 OS
2003 OS 2012 POFQ
2014 POFQ
middlesista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:11 PM   #3129
bankgirl05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMeggy View Post
Ahhhh this mini review excites me so much! I'll be there in 31 days!
It will be my first time on property too so hearing all your amazing comments makes me that little bit more excited to get there
32 days for me!!! and I totally agree with you, getting a bit more excited reading this!!!
bankgirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:04 PM   #3130
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Quote:

And all of that makes the 453 days till I get to POFQ feel like an eternity.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #3131
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:

So glad you had a wonderful trip!!! We will be there in 3 days, and we cannot wait!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #3132
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgperkin View Post
We are checking in on the 18th. How will this work for us? Should we wait and get our mugs on the 19th to avoid confusion?
No, you can get your mugs when you arrive. The new mug issuing process started a few days ago, so you'll get a chipped and activated mug on the 18th all ready for when the sensor system is turned on the next day.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #3133
RebeccaB
DIS Veteran

40 days til we check in! Can't wait. POFQ is our favorite resort so far! I was able to get FD for both us and the inlaws, except we have standard room and they have garden view. Fine by me, as long as we're in the same general area.

RebeccaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #3134
jgperkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

No, you can get your mugs when you arrive. The new mug issuing process started a few days ago, so you'll get a chipped and activated mug on the 18th all ready for when the sensor system is turned on the next day.

Andre
Thank you!!! You are the best!
Aug. 09, Off site: We got engaged! Swan: July '07,DD First trip! Riverside: April '08, Wilderness Lodge: May'09, Corn. Spring: Aug. '09, Polynesian: April '10, ASMovies & Carribean Beach: Aug.'10, Riverside: Feb. '11, Pop Century: April '11, Wilderness Lodge & Cruise on the DREAM & Kidani Village, Aug. '11 for 10 year anniversary, Pop Century, Sept. '11, Aug. '12 Family Trip: Carribean Beach, Mar./Apr. '13 Cruise on the Fantasy & AOA, Aug '13, French Qrt., Dec. '13 1st Xmas Trip Wilderness Lodge August 2014 Back to Wilderness Lodge!
jgperkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:15 AM   #3135
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
So glad you had a wonderful trip!!! We will be there in 3 days, and we cannot wait!

D~
I'll be there in 4, also, I'm on the FB page too!

DH 59 Me 50 DD 16 DD 14
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - POFQ ~ No Kids!!
mom2taylorandemily is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: