DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #31
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

I've been on the fence for quite some time about buying. We go to mods (the deluxes on my signature are work related so don't count) and so far with free dining. And thiat's the problem. I can't see the reason on going and wanting to cook my own meals during vacation. Dining plan for 2A and 2Jr (adults for dining) is too much.

I figured out that if the free dining promos would end, then I would consider a low 100-120 points. That would probably cost us the same but we would be in a better resort.

But now we discovered DCL and unfortunately DVC is really not cost effective and it's much of a waste of points...

So if FD truly ends, then maybe...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #32
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
I've been on the fence for quite some time about buying. We go to mods (the deluxes on my signature are work related so don't count) and so far with free dining. And thiat's the problem. I can't see the reason on going and wanting to cook my own meals during vacation. Dining plan for 2A and 2Jr (adults for dining) is too much.

I figured out that if the free dining promos would end, then I would consider a low 100-120 points. That would probably cost us the same but we would be in a better resort.

But now we discovered DCL and unfortunately DVC is really not cost effective and it's much of a waste of points...

For our family eating in our villa has become part of the vacation. It isn't about running to a park or attraction, it's about spending quality time with the family, sometime eating out and sometime eating in. We may just walk around and people watch or go into a park for our favorite things and leaving early.

DVC and vacationing at WDW a couple of times per year has really changed our Disney vacations.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #33
k3chantal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post

I don't think you should purchase into DVC if 'free dining' is what motivates you currently to make a reservation. The only exception is if you start thinking of DVC in the concept of 'prepaying for your accommodations." Free dining is not free, it is just 'in' the resort cost; in the same way that a stay using points is not free even if your contract is paid in full.

Please also realize that it is an opinion of some not all on these forums that DCL is a waste of points. Many DVC owners happily use their points towards a cruise and have no regrets and find it a rewarding method of spending their points. Sure, numbers can be run but value is in the eyes of the beholder. I have talked to other people on these forums who feel quite intimidated by the very vocal opinions about the 'right' way to use points.

Anyway, good luck making your future decision.
k3chantal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: