DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2013, 08:38 AM   #16
crisi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Nikki View Post
Just out of curiosity, I thought I read in the information DVC sent me that $25,000.00 was the "buy in" amount. Is it just different then on what locations you choose? If its based on credit, what would be an monetary example of what one can expect to pay at the 10%, 20%, or 50% mark? TIA!
mostly how many points you buy (Disney will sell you a smaller amount of points), and probably most importantly as you read these, when people bought. Some people bought twenty years ago. There is a small variation in location, Disney will sell some older resorts for cheaper than they are selling GFV.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:58 PM   #17
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Nikki View Post
Just out of curiosity, I thought I read in the information DVC sent me that $25,000.00 was the "buy in" amount. Is it just different then on what locations you choose? If its based on credit, what would be an monetary example of what one can expect to pay at the 10%, 20%, or 50% mark? TIA!
There are certain incentives with different resorts and u have to buy a certain amount of points to get the incentive. Vgf had no incentives and I was able to buy 100 pts. My guide told me that was the minimum but I have heard others saying 75. That is for base. An add on can be as little as 25 I think. I am happy I got 100. 100 vgf is 15,000.00. Other resorts may require different buy in points, I am not sure. My guide put the whole thing on my Disney visa over 2 cycles. I wanted double points

jillmc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2013, 03:18 PM   #18
Princess_Nikki
DIS Veteran

Gotcha, thank you DIS members for the reply. That makes sense...

Princess_Nikki is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: