DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #31
ssawka
DIS Veteran

We are much like you in that we like to "mix it up", and we are planning on trying them all. So far we have tried BCV, OKW, SSR, AKV (JH), HHI, VBR, and of course our home resort BLT. We will be trying VGC in January.

We have enjoyed them all and they were all very nice, however logistically there are some that we do not have a desire to return to. OKW, SSR, and AKV are just too far from the parks unless we have a rental car, and we usually do not rent one. We do want to try AKV (KV) however. If we drove to Disney, I do not believe we would care as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisney View Post
We have a young family and are quite happy to stay at SSR (our home resort) if we can't book a reservation at another DVC location.

Currently there is no DVC property at WDW that we feel like we HAVE to stay at in order to have a magical vacation. So buying at SSR made the most sense for us as 1) lower PP buy in, 2) stable MFs and 3) relatively long expiry date.

With a young family, I anticipate that our preferences will change over time. We'll stay at AKV while the kids are little. When they get a bit older, we may prefer BCV for the pool or BLT for the proximity to MK. When they're teens, we may prefer SSR or OKV for DD. And when the kids are grown, my wife and I may prefer BWV or BCV for Epcot (our favourite park). I'm sure that we'll make a trip to Hawaii or California sometime as well. So "buy where you want to stay" doesn't apply to us as where we want to stay will change with time. Also, my wife and I like seeing different sights so staying at different DVC resorts was a key selling feature for us.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: