DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 11:29 PM   #31
disneymath
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Disney Mom View Post
I have never once heard from our guide. I chalk it up to the fact that I live in Canada.
That's funny.

I'm also Canadian and don't typically hear from my guide, but I've received correspondence from him twice since I added on (direct) at BLT earlier this year (just before the waitlists went crazy).

First was a direct mail shipment of Share the Magic business cards personalized with my name and that of my guide, second was a generic email from him about adding on at VGF.

disneymath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:25 AM   #32
Canadian Disney Mom
Formerly Tollerwalker - original join date July 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymath View Post

That's funny.

I'm also Canadian and don't typically hear from my guide, but I've received correspondence from him twice since I added on (direct) at BLT earlier this year (just before the waitlists went crazy).

First was a direct mail shipment of Share the Magic business cards personalized with my name and that of my guide, second was a generic email from him about adding on at VGF.
It must be because you are in ON. I think AB and ON are the only two provinces DVC is allowed to call / market to.
Past Trips to Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Disney Cruises:WDW-1: May 1998 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 2002 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2005 (All-Star Movies), WDW-4: Apr 2006 (SSR), WDW-5: April 2008 (AKV Jambo), WDW-6: Dec 2009 (AKV Kidani & SSR), WDW-7: Jul 2010 (AKV Jambo), WDW-8: Apr 2011 (Off Property), WDW-9: Jun-Jul 2012 (BLT, BWV & AKV Jambo), WDW-10: Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (AKV Jambo), WDW-11: Mar 2013 (BLT & AKV Kidani),WDW-12: Nov 2014 (SSR),WDW-13: Mar 2015 (SSR),DLR-1: Nov 2010 (Off Property), DLR-2: Jan 2012 (VGC), DCL-1: Jan 2012 (Disney Wonder 7 night MR)
Twitter ID: @CanadaDisneyMom
Canadian Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2013, 01:17 PM   #33
disneymath
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Disney Mom View Post

It must be because you are in ON. I think AB and ON are the only two provinces DVC is allowed to call / market to.
You're probably right about that, just funny since I never heard from him after my initial buy-in in 2010.

disneymath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:13 AM   #34
VLee
DIS Veteran

My guide, Byron, retired very recently. The third week in May I received a call from a person named Greg ? , telling me that he was my new guide. We talked for quite a while.

Since then, I have received two different calls from DVC-- again telling me that Byron retired and they would be giving me a new guide. Each time I have informed them of the first call from Greg and that I would like to stay with him.

Apparently, there is a lack of communication as neither expressed any knowledge of Greg or that I had already been appointed a guide.
BWV - Boardwalk View - 10/2007 - Family Reunion!
OKW - Labor Day 2007 - Pirate & Princess Party
BWV/Beach Club -- 05/2007 -- The kids and Me!
VWL -- Christmas 2006 -Mom and Me!
AS Movies 09/2006 - Jen & Kids - Brant's 4th BD!
Beach Club Villa 05/2006 - Brant and Me
Wilderness Cabins/Old Key West 01/2006-Hollye's 6th!
Polynesian Resort / Beach Club Villa 9/2005-Jen & Kids
Pop Century/ Old Key West 05/2005 - The kids & Me
AS Movies/WL Villa/ PO French Qtr 10/2004-Halloween
Pop Century/Port Orleans FQ 05/2004 - Hollye and Me
BoardWalk Villa/WL Villa 12/2003 - First Christmas!
Polynesian Resort 05/2003 -- First Trip!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #35
Timeflys4us
Earning My Ears

"I have never once heard from our guide. I chalk it up to the fact that I live in Canada."

I have been on the disney list since 3/4/13 for 25 points at BCV with Oct. UY - no calls from my guide and I live in the U.S. As I understand it, Disney would hold the $115.00/pt price for 6 months - have 1 month left at the old price - don't expect any calls as there have not been a lot of Sellers for BCV.
Timeflys4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #36
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_rules View Post

I've been waiting since mid march for 100 BCV points Aug UY and nothing here. What do they consider "small" vs "large"?
Good question. Anyone know?

OP, any news?
Old 08-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #37
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

I received my call on Wednesday. Paper work is on it's way for my 100 points at SSR with a September UY .

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3261767 Hey save some of that, it has to last us a week.....March 22-March 28th, 2014 Trip Report

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
racefanof88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #38
ajcatman
1st Disney Visit 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post
I received my call on Wednesday. Paper work is on it's way for my 100 points at SSR with a September UY .
I just purchased 50 add on points direct, took less than one week to finalize everything. Points were in my account one day after confirming that I wanted to buy
Painless.
ajcatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #39
tbay
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I also live in Canada my guide called me on a vacation to ask me how I
liked my resort and at anytime give her a call if I had any questions or
problems. Guess it depends who your guide is .
tbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #40
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcatman View Post
I just purchased 50 add on points direct, took less than one week to finalize everything. Points were in my account one day after confirming that I wanted to buy
Painless.
Even before you signed any papers? Man, I hope I get mine that fast!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3261767 Hey save some of that, it has to last us a week.....March 22-March 28th, 2014 Trip Report

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
racefanof88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #41
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post

Even before you signed any papers? Man, I hope I get mine that fast!!
With Disney, you have access to points within hours at times. I added on at BLT once and had access to make a reservation 3 hours later!!!

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #42
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post

With Disney, you have access to points within hours at times. I added on at BLT once and had access to make a reservation 3 hours later!!!
Yup. I bought direct resale and my points were in my account an hour after my guide told me I got them.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #43
Goofy DVC
OKW member since 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
In Guide speak that means that they are selling to people who want larger contracts first. DVD doesn't wait for a small contract to come to Disney and then they resell it like the resale market does. They collect all of the Feb UY contracts, strip the points and make new contracts in the amount that the customer wants. My guess is that they want to make larger contracts first, less work for more money.

Bill
We experienced this several years ago when we did a small add on at BCV.
I called our guide, who is great, and he said he would check on inventory. He called back and shared we were #2 on the wait list. He then shared that Disney had the points we needed in inventory but could not sell them to us because someone was ahead of us and they were looking for a large # of points, and since they were first, Disney could not move on until they dealt with them. Fair enough, first come first served. That is exactly the right thing to do. We ended up getting our points in about 6 weeks, so it all worked out no biggie. Those larger point contracts may be less work and more money but many times create more problems. So the way I understood it was, for example, if someone is looking to buy 300 direct points at BCV and Disney has only 200 points in their inventory for that UY those points must be held for that contract until fulfilled. So if 4 other people were looking for 50 point direct points from Disney during that same UY then they all must wait until the 300 point contract is filled first. Instead of completing 4 sales everyone must wait. What happens then? Possibly 4 eager members call their guide to check on the status of their points. Maybe some back out go resale who knows.
Goofy DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:29 AM   #44
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy DVC View Post
We experienced this several years ago when we did a small add on at BCV.
I called our guide, who is great, and he said he would check on inventory. He called back and shared we were #2 on the wait list. He then shared that Disney had the points we needed in inventory but could not sell them to us because someone was ahead of us and they were looking for a large # of points, and since they were first, Disney could not move on until they dealt with them. Fair enough, first come first served. That is exactly the right thing to do. We ended up getting our points in about 6 weeks, so it all worked out no biggie. Those larger point contracts may be less work and more money but many times create more problems. So the way I understood it was, for example, if someone is looking to buy 300 direct points at BCV and Disney has only 200 points in their inventory for that UY those points must be held for that contract until fulfilled. So if 4 other people were looking for 50 point direct points from Disney during that same UY then they all must wait until the 300 point contract is filled first. Instead of completing 4 sales everyone must wait. What happens then? Possibly 4 eager members call their guide to check on the status of their points. Maybe some back out go resale who knows.
There is no way to know for sure but if Disney really wanted to fill wait lists, they would exercise their ROFR more often. They obviously have certain criteria for sales and only Disney knows what that is. Often the Guides aren't even told the whole story, not knowing keeps them protected from legal issues.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #45
Kimmielee
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was thereUncle Larry can do anything!

Just got the call!! 100 points Beach Club June use year!!!! We split it into two 50 point contracts to even it out for kids later. Three months on the list!! Have watched for resale but can't seem to catch one. So buying direct again!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Last edited by Kimmielee; 08-10-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Kimmielee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: