Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #2866
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran
 
My2CrazyGirls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,487

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe of ohio View Post
I'll give you take.... POFQ all the way.... We're not fans of split stays at all...we're booked for POFQ for 9 nights middle of October....resort is so compact with ease of getting anywhere super quick and the walk or boat ride to POR is great for a day picnic ( at their swimming pool, sisters resorts so its allowed)...nice place for an evening stroll or boat ride to DTD....way better than POR..

Swan and Dolphin have never interested us, at any cost... Not Disney, not for me... We won't even visit there... It's the way we are plus EPCOT is not our area of enjoyment.... We're MK people, we usually stay at the WL, but has gotten too pricey, what we would pay there for a week we could stay 2 weeks at POFQ...

Like I stated, we're not split stay people and we hate dining plan, counters and touring plans but with 49 trips under our belts... We enjoy Disney just fine our way..
We would love to stay at POFQ for 9 nights but it is not looking good for a discount. With free dining it would cost about 3600 and that is great! However, without free dining we are looking at 3600 plus food for 4 which I estimate would be about 1100. So 4800 to stay at POFQ for a week, NO WAY! If WL is in the free dining discount we can stretch the budget and do 6 nights there and 3 nights at the Swan (just fees and food for 2 days) which would bring us to a total of 4082. If WL doesn't have availability we can do the Poly for 4 nights and Swan for 5 nights = 4017. Or we can do POR royal rooms the whole time and that will cost 4k too! I am just not excited about POR. I don't really want a split stay but the only way we can stay in one place would be to stay at a mod or Swan/Dolphin. Not interested in CBR or CSR.

We drive and usually stay 7 nights. It will be nice to stay 9 nights (8 full days), so I don't want to shorten the trip. Plus around Thanksgiving it will be good to have more time. Rack rates are ridiculous.
My2CrazyGirls is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #2867
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious
 
lisalonglash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lower Mainland, BC, Canada
Posts: 2,218

Andre, thanks for the August resort schedule! I can't even tell you how excited I am to be waiting for the September resort schedule!!!

Have an awesome trip!
__________________
Lisa P.
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)



September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
lisalonglash is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #2868
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran
 
pepe of ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border
Posts: 6,561

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2CrazyGirls View Post

We would love to stay at POFQ for 9 nights but it is not looking good for a discount. With free dining it would cost about 3600 and that is great! However, without free dining we are looking at 3600 plus food for 4 which I estimate would be about 1100. So 4800 to stay at POFQ for a week, NO WAY! If WL is in the free dining discount we can stretch the budget and do 6 nights there and 3 nights at the Swan (just fees and food for 2 days) which would bring us to a total of 4082. If WL doesn't have availability we can do the Poly for 4 nights and Swan for 5 nights = 4017. Or we can do POR royal rooms the whole time and that will cost 4k too! I am just not excited about POR. I don't really want a split stay but the only way we can stay in one place would be to stay at a mod or Swan/Dolphin. Not interested in CBR or CSR.

We drive and usually stay 7 nights. It will be nice to stay 9 nights (8 full days), so I don't want to shorten the trip. Plus around Thanksgiving it will be good to have more time. Rack rates are ridiculous.
We're at POFQ, mid October, 9 nights... No dining plan... $1934.00......

Last trip to POFQ, 7 nights 1400.00...again no dining plan for the 2 of us food cost us 275.00 for the week... We share a lot of meals, hate Disney's TS restaurants and meals...don't see how your prices are so high for a moderate!!
__________________
"May you live as long as you want and never want for as long as you live".

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #2869
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran
 
My2CrazyGirls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,487

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe of ohio View Post
We're at POFQ, mid October, 9 nights... No dining plan... $1934.00......

Last trip to POFQ, 7 nights 1400.00...again no dining plan for the 2 of us food cost us 275.00 for the week... We share a lot of meals, hate Disney's TS restaurants and meals...don't see how your prices are so high for a moderate!!
9 nights over Thanksgiving WITH 8 day Tickets for 4 people. Resort only is 2335 for 9 nights. Add in 1300 for tix for 4 people, then food. I think when 2 adults are going you are looking at only tickets for 2 and food for 2, makes a big difference. Plus there is no RO discount over Thanksgiving.
My2CrazyGirls is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #2870
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran
 
My2CrazyGirls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,487

Pepe of Ohio.....you need to go over to the restaurant board and your jaw will drop! People spend like 2K on dining for a week with their family of 4. And couples are spending 200 a day on food.....and you spend less than 300 for the week! Do you eat anything from CS? We are definitely middle of the road when it comes to eating. My husband and I can certainly share and finish what the kids don't eat. But they both "need their own" kids meal and those things are expensive! Plus, how often do we get to go to Disney? We don't drive 1000 miles to pack lunches. We do like a few TS meals, to complete the experience. But we would never purchase the dining plan, as we wouldn't spend that much eating the way we want to.
My2CrazyGirls is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #2871
songkat
Mouseketeer
 
songkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chicago Western Suburbs
Posts: 242

Booked today - we'll be at POFQ for the first time the last week of January 2014. We've visited the resort, but never stayed, so I'm pretty excited. I wanted to stay away from the values but not be in a huge resort. Having stayed at POR a bunch of times, we decided to try something a little smaller. The photos Andre recently put up have really made me look forward to staying at this lovely spot.

So, my countdown now officially begins!!
__________________
Jun 1989 Offsite Feb 1991 Offsite Dec 1994 Dixie Landings (Mansions) Jun 1995 Dixie Landings (Bayou) Dec 1995 Dixie Landings (Mansions)
Feb 2008 All Star Movies Dec 2009 Contemporary Apr 2012 Port Orleans Riverside (Bayou) Jan 2014 Port Orleans French Quarter
songkat is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #2872
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran
 
utkscvol1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 944

31 days and counting! Online check in completed, room requests requested, airfare purchased, cannot wait!!! Also cannot stay off disboards! Been reading trip reports and all kinds of stuff! Any new news on the fridge situation?
__________________
utkscvol1 is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 09:06 PM   #2873
RobertLC
Mouseketeer
 
RobertLC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Long Beach, MS
Posts: 232

Booked our trip today! May 27 - June 1, 2014. Staying at POFQ again! Hope to remember to ask for building 4 this time.

Only 301 days away!
__________________
1975 - WDW - June - FWC
2012 - WDW - March 31-April 4 - CSR
2013 - WDW - May 22-27 - POFQ
2014 - WDW - May 27-June 1 - POR

RobertLC is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #2874
karly05
DIS Veteran
 
karly05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I am here with the Bird
Posts: 1,709

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbb View Post
A couple of data points from a recent trip:

reserved standard room, checked in online sixty days prior. no requests.

received room 5245, which was ready at 12:30pm arrival.
That is down one floor and over one door from where I was in February! (5344) Great location!
__________________
1999 - Beach Club - Me & Sis
2004 - Polynesian - Me, Sis & Dad
2012 - Beach Club - My Awesome Solo Trip Adventure!
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
karly05 is online now  
Old 07-31-2013, 10:20 AM   #2875
Ava83
Mouseketeer
I must have Diet Coke to function as a normal human.
I am Dumbo Gizzardsprinkles, That would be Mrs. Gizzardsprinkles to you all
 
Ava83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Outside of Chicago
Posts: 1,432

I had no clue, when we booked POFQ that is was so popular. When I check my dates online now, all the rooms,every last one of them, sold out. Is that the norm? We are going 12/4-12/12.
__________________


Ava83 is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 12:09 PM   #2876
sunset7132
DIS Veteran
 
sunset7132's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 1,025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava83 View Post
I had no clue, when we booked POFQ that is was so popular. When I check my dates online now, all the rooms,every last one of them, sold out. Is that the norm? We are going 12/4-12/12.
We are booked POFQ nov8-18
__________________
sunset7132 is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 12:27 PM   #2877
NJRRK
DIS Veteran
 
NJRRK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Garfield, NJ
Posts: 2,423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava83
I had no clue, when we booked POFQ that is was so popular. When I check my dates online now, all the rooms,every last one of them, sold out. Is that the norm? We are going 12/4-12/12.
Even if only one day is sold out the resort will show online as sold out for the entire time you input. The only way you could tell for sure is to put in each day separately, and since you are already booked i don't think that effort is worthy of the time involved. POFQ is popular, plus it is the smallest of the moderates so it can full up more quickly.
__________________
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving!"- Mame Dennis

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 01:21 PM   #2878
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard
 
2Tiggies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Too many stripes away from Tigger
Posts: 19,620

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
Even if only one day is sold out the resort will show online as sold out for the entire time you input. The only way you could tell for sure is to put in each day separately, and since you are already booked i don't think that effort is worthy of the time involved. POFQ is popular, plus it is the smallest of the moderates so it can full up more quickly.
Yeah this is what I had to do and it's true. Messing with the dates showed up different results to putting in length of stay for the dates I wanted. Another thing I found is that if there is a promotion running over the period of your chosen dates, some of the days show up as unavailable if you search a package, but show up as available as a room only.
2Tiggies is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 01:30 PM   #2879
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard
 
2Tiggies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Too many stripes away from Tigger
Posts: 19,620

I was looking at Andre's room layout maps for POFQ on his website noticed something that made me go

Every year we request a room in building 5. We have always paid for a standard room as we are more than happy with that and don't really spend much time in our rooms so view is not a priority to us. Our request thus far has always been honored. However from the room layout on the maps it looks like there are no standard rooms in building 5 - only Garden, Water views and king beds. So my question is, have I been cheeky and been asking for something we weren't rightfully entitled to? If that is the case I feel awful! Or has it changed recently without me noticing?

We always like a room near the main building so should I be asking for building 2 or 4 instead?
2Tiggies is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 02:17 PM   #2880
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?
 
bookgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In a OK state
Posts: 6,063

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
I was looking at Andre's room layout maps for POFQ on his website noticed something that made me go

Every year we request a room in building 5. We have always paid for a standard room as we are more than happy with that and don't really spend much time in our rooms so view is not a priority to us. Our request thus far has always been honored. However from the room layout on the maps it looks like there are no standard rooms in building 5 - only Garden, Water views and king beds. So my question is, have I been cheeky and been asking for something we weren't rightfully entitled to? If that is the case I feel awful! Or has it changed recently without me noticing?

We always like a room near the main building so should I be asking for building 2 or 4 instead?
I've done the same thing, booked standard and asked for 5 and did get it.

I think it is a matter of a request is a request. If you were going in a busy time you might not get 5 but if you're hitting during a slow time they'll give it to you if they have it.
__________________
DL 3/2000 OFFSITE WDW 1/2009 ASMu WDW 9/2011 BC&POFQ WDW/IOA 10/2012 AoA/POFQ/ASMu WDW 10/2013 POR WDW 3/2014 AllStarSports WDW 7/2014 Offsite AAU Nationals @ WWoS
UPCOMING: 10/14 F&W Festival (in planning) WL 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW/US

bookgirl is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: