Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Made our ADR's today - a learning experience

We read all the threads, posted some questions, had a few "practice" runs and daughter and I divided up our list so we could have a better chance of getting our ADR's. Plan was I was going to head across town to her house with my laptop and we would tandem book our ADR's.

Sign of things to come - my laptop decided not to work yesterday when we did a trial. No problem, went to back-up plan. I would work from home with my main computer and we would text message our progress to each other. So got up at 5AM, went to DD to get my iced coffee, had my instructions at my side, all the sign-in info handy and sat with hands at the ready. Had read that new site was working so plan was to head there for the 180 + 10. At 0559 started to sign in - nothing. Would not let me onto site. Tried to refresh - nothing. So tried old site - was able to get into this site but it would not link reservations. So back to new site. Daughter also unable to get into site. Finally after about 5 minutes refreshing daughter was able to get onto the new site and started to make our ADR's. I was finally able to get onto new site after about 10minutes but it would not accept the 180 + 10 consistently. It was random sometimes it would post the 180 + 10 and sometimes it would not - very frustrating to say the least.

My daughter ended up making almost all of the ADR's. We did get BOG for about 2 hours earlier than we had wanted. There is 6 of us and when we tried later, with a group of 4 and 2 - so two separate tables, we were able to get closer to the time we wanted but decided that we would just go earlier. This way we would be sure to be seated together. No problem with CRT or Ohana - got those the times we wanted. Still have to wait to book a few more since they are past the +10 days. In fact, we ended up having to call because the system would not allow us to book Ohana twice - once for dinner and once for breakfast - kept telling us we had a reservation.

Not sure why my daughter got in and I did not - we compared notes and were doing the same thing. She wondered if it was because our reservations are linked and it would not let us both on the site at the same time? After she was done - I went onto the site to book a few reservations that just my husband and I are doing and had no problem. Anyway - we are thrilled to have gotten what we did and wish everyone luck with their ADR's.

Me DH DD DGD(5yr) DGD(1.9yr)
[
1975 OS 1978 DL 1986 Poly 1988 Poly 1990 Poly 1998 CBR 2000 OS
2003 OS 2012 POFQ
2014 POFQ
middlesista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
HDCooper
Mouseketeer

I too had a terrible time this morning.tried from 6-7 and it would not link the +10. At 7 I called. The CM said they've had a lot of problems with the system lately. I tried on 4 different devices. I tried an hour ago and it still isn't working.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDCooper View Post
I too had a terrible time this morning.tried from 6-7 and it would not link the +10. At 7 I called. The CM said they've had a lot of problems with the system lately. I tried on 4 different devices. I tried an hour ago and it still isn't working.
Hope you got what you needed when you called. You know. I looked forward to doing the ADR's and felt like such a failure when I could not do them and my daughter was able to. Now - I can not link any of the dining reservations to my page since all our reservations are under my daughter's "Disney Experience" page. I was hoping to have them default into the app on my IPHONE - not happening. Oh well - I should just be grateful we got pretty much what we wanted for ADR's - shame on me for wanting it all

Me DH DD DGD(5yr) DGD(1.9yr)
[
1975 OS 1978 DL 1986 Poly 1988 Poly 1990 Poly 1998 CBR 2000 OS
2003 OS 2012 POFQ
2014 POFQ
middlesista is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: