Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 08:29 AM   #2641
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsymphony View Post
I'm guessing from the vibes on this thread that registering in Expo on Saturday is going to be a long time affair...
From my experience, bib and packet pick-up wasn't all that time-consuming, so I wouldn't worry about that. What took forever was buying anything in the runD official merchandise booth. The other merchandise booths were crowded, but didn't take an hour to pay. I had my bib within 5 minutes and my packet/race shirt in another 5-10 last year. And that was Fri. morning, which I hear was about the busiest time.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 07-29-2013, 08:35 AM   #2642
MaMa3Princess
I need to find the nearest Disneyaholic Anyomous meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappyfamily View Post
A tip for "throwing away arm sleeves" is to buy a pair of fuzzy warm knee length socks. I got mine at target on clearance for $5 in black and pink stripes to match my tutu at the last princess. Cut just the tip of toes of the socks off for your fingers to slide thru as well as a little hole for your thumb. They will pull up past your elbows! These saved me with 2 hours of waiting before the race, and a mile in I just peeled them off and threw them on the side of the road. I will be doing the same this year as well. Hope this helps!
I used one of my ratty sweat shirts but I loved seeing all the bathrobes out there.
Hmm, wonder if goodwill has some bathrobes?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2013, 10:31 AM   #2643
jmasgat
DIS Veteran

Another suggestion for places to look for toss clothes (if they have them in your area)....Our high school has a twice yearly garage sale that I still volunteer for (even though the kids have graduated). It is my go-to place for picking up toss clothes. I still have a really nice fleece jacket, sweatshirt and pair of sweat pants that I paid a total of $3 at most for. Didn't need them for NY Marathon (injured/canceled) and it was warm this past marathon weekend, so I guess I'm all set for February.

So don't forget the garage sales!

Maura
Old 07-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #2644
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Hee hee, I'm loving that my son is just about the same size as me now... I'll have a treasure trove of toss-able clothes when he grows out of his current rotation of long-sleeved tees and sweats!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 07-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #2645
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmasgat View Post
"Join the Happily Ever After Party and Celebrate a Race Well Run!
You've worked hard and did your best during this year's Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend. Now, it's time to join family and friends for an evening of fun, relaxation, and good times at the Happily Ever After Party at Downtown Disney®. Enjoy delicious food, great music, and get a chance to pick up some last minute keepsake merchandise to remember the weekend. Admission to the Happily Ever After Party at Downtown Disney® is open to race participants, their guests and the public."

Didn't say what time yet.

Thats great thanks ...I am trying to work out my ADRS ......still undecided about the pasta in the park !
Old 07-29-2013, 01:07 PM   #2646
11point5
Mouseketeer

SW has Wanna Get Away fares for March 1st again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 2000 - (POFQ) Second Daddy-Daughter Trip!
April 2007 - (AS Sports) High School Band Trip!
October 2012 - (ASMu) DBF's First Trip AND Our 3 Year Dating Anniversary!
February 2014 - (POR) Glass Slipper Challenge Trip!
March 2015 to March 2016 - Canadian Pavilion Cultural Rep Program!
Old 07-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #2647
pagirlinnc
Earning My Ears

Lots of pages back some of you said that you ran without music because it was distracting. I have to say I decided to try it & I have gotten significantly faster! I'm doing 1 minute walking/ 15 seconds running & I just did 14:40mm, my fastest outside pace ever! Hoping to get to a comfortable 1:1 ratio by race time and I think I'm on my way. There is so much good advice on here so I just wanted to say Thanks everyone!

82- off-site, 85- Ft Wilderness, 86- off-site, 88- Ft Wilderness 91- off-site, 99-01 All-Star Music cast member, 2012 Pop, 2013 Princess Half-Marathon/Pop, 2014 Princess Half Marathon Take 2/Pop
Old 07-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #2648
irishsymphony
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone - sounds like getting registered for Expo will be okay so!

Not sure that I'd be spending much on merchandise there - although I do like magical sparkly items.

But I want to have my costume sorted / tried out before the race, so I know if it works rather than risk chafing etc on the day!

Still trying to figure out how to make a Stitch running costume
Old 07-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #2649
swimfly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsymphony View Post

Still trying to figure out how to make a Stitch running costume
Cannot wait to see what you come up with!

Old 07-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #2650
irishsymphony
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfly View Post
Cannot wait to see what you come up with!
Old 07-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #2651
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11point5
SW has Wanna Get Away fares for March 1st again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But not for my feb 27th flight back to pit.... What?! So weird!

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Old 07-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #2652
Gr8dan2
Mouseketeer

Galloway Pace Groups?

Are there Galloway pace groups at the disney 1/2s that one can join in with? I signed up for the Princess 1/2 and then realized that it's the same day as the Donna's in Jacksonville-- so most of my group is doing that one instead- my DH will go at my pace if there's not a group to join but hoping there is!
Old 07-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #2653
11point5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappyfamily View Post
A tip for "throwing away arm sleeves" is to buy a pair of fuzzy warm knee length socks. I got mine at target on clearance for $5 in black and pink stripes to match my tutu at the last princess. Cut just the tip of toes of the socks off for your fingers to slide thru as well as a little hole for your thumb. They will pull up past your elbows! These saved me with 2 hours of waiting before the race, and a mile in I just peeled them off and threw them on the side of the road. I will be doing the same this year as well. Hope this helps!
In case you didn't get enough "thank you"s for this tip, here's one more!!! I was at Target tonight and happened to walk by a display of knee length socks and I suddenly remembered this idea and picked up a pair! At $3 this will undoubtedly be the cheapest purchase I make for my trip next year
April 2000 - (POFQ) Second Daddy-Daughter Trip!
April 2007 - (AS Sports) High School Band Trip!
October 2012 - (ASMu) DBF's First Trip AND Our 3 Year Dating Anniversary!
February 2014 - (POR) Glass Slipper Challenge Trip!
March 2015 to March 2016 - Canadian Pavilion Cultural Rep Program!
Old 07-29-2013, 10:44 PM   #2654
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed1212 View Post

Thank you so much!! I am really trying to complete the training program I am doing as intended but boy is it giving me grief. I keep getting slower. I should have time to try the Galloway method even after this training so I may do that. When you walk do you speed walk or normal walk? When you run do you sprint or just jog? I have never done the run/walk approach so I would love the help! Good luck with your training!!
I just kind of listen to my body and do what feels comfortable at the time. I try run faster and if it feels good, I keep going. If not, I dial it back a little. On the walking segments, I wouldn't say I speed walk, but I am not just strolling either.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:29 PM   #2655
charmed1212
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post

I just kind of listen to my body and do what feels comfortable at the time. I try run faster and if it feels good, I keep going. If not, I dial it back a little. On the walking segments, I wouldn't say I speed walk, but I am not just strolling either.
Thank you! I am still going to try running as much as I can, but I love having other options available.

Tags
princess

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: