Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #2311
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
I remember reading somewhere
Can you blame me tho?

I'm a bit concerned/curious. As some of you may know, I found out I was diabetic last year. Type 2, pill only. Well the beginning of the week, I noticed that I started getting super exhausted when I took my Metformin. Like I couldn't keep my eyes open at work kind of exhausted. I mainly noticed it Tuesday cause I was starting to get some energy again, then took my second pill and started getting tired again. Yesterday, as a test, I didn't take the metformin and felt super. Like better than I'd felt in weeks. WTH?!
Old 07-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #2312
kittengal13
kittengal13

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumigirl View Post

But short story is our friends needed the break more than us. They have had some really tough times this year. So passed along the flights, thankfully name change was doable, and gave them our hotel booking. We don`t pay for entry into the GP`s because of my family member so they got those passes as well for this GP. I really hope they have an amazing time That was a short version!!!!

We are really just "Paying it Forward"...have been waiting on a chance to do something like this since someone did something wonderful for us a while back

So weekend at home, least the weather is still glorious

That is WONDERFUL!!! I am very much a believer in karma and you've got a big load of good karma coming your way I can tell!!

I'd like to think that my friends would do that for me
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #2313
SharkyGoddess
Happier than a Shark at a Sushi Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPstar View Post
I'm a bit concerned/curious. As some of you may know, I found out I was diabetic last year. Type 2, pill only. Well the beginning of the week, I noticed that I started getting super exhausted when I took my Metformin. Like I couldn't keep my eyes open at work kind of exhausted. I mainly noticed it Tuesday cause I was starting to get some energy again, then took my second pill and started getting tired again. Yesterday, as a test, I didn't take the metformin and felt super. Like better than I'd felt in weeks. WTH?!
This usually lasts for about a week and should subside once your body adjusts to the change in the way it handles your sugars. You may want to talk with your Dr and let them know about any side effects you are having, but extreme fatigue is pretty common. Both my Dad and my oldest son have taken metformin, one for diabetes and one for insulin resistance.
First trip 1987 ~Disney & Bush Gardens with best friend and Dad Second trip 1991 ~ US with friendsThird trip July 2002 ~ Disney & US/IOA with my kiddos Fourth trip July 2004 ~US/IOA A very pregnant me and my two kiddos Fifth trip October 2007 ~Disney for MNSSHP ASM with my kiddos and Sweet Babboo Sixth trip October 2010 ~US/IOA for HHN & WWoHP with Babboo & Kiddos
"Just behind the reef are the big white teeth of the sharks that can swim on the land."
Old 07-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #2314
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Glad you had a nice time with them, tour groups aside.......I hope they do come for HHN.....be nice to meet them again, they were a lot of fun to be with
They swore up and down that you live in Ireland. I told them more than once you didn't but I don't think they believed me.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #2315
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Robbie - keep in mind, I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

Did you just start taking the pills? If so it just might take some time for your body to adjust. Are you eating any "naughty" foods - that might also have something to do with it. If you're concerned, contact your doctor?

Old 07-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #2316
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

andy - sounds like it's time to get a blood draw & visit the doc

Old 07-25-2013, 11:45 PM   #2317
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

yea andy, call your doc.

you need to feel better for your trip.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:29 AM   #2318
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
I remember reading somewhere
Can you blame me tho?

Took the pills again today and didn't feel exhausted. So there's that. Ugh, I'm so ready for my trip.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:32 AM   #2319
goNDmay9
Mouseketeer

Hi homies!!! Can't sleep so have been catching up on this thread.

Holy Crap!!! Snakes and bears and minks Oh MY!!! I clearly have zero reason to ever complain again. We are in an older 1950's house surrounded by trees now. Used to be in brand new townhouse with only the "landscape" trees and some external bug system that fed pipes thru the house so I was big time spoiled. Our plans were to buy old and refurb and I am so glad we decided to rent first!!

Sending super hugs to all that have lost pets. I found out ours had to be put down in the middle of a client dinner and burst out into tears!!! That was a few years ago and I still get teary eyed.

Blood sugar is not a force to be reckoned with. Sending good vibes that you feel better soon.

BTG seem to be getting worse over the years. I mean do we really need the chanting?? Oh vey. I have never run into them at the Darkside though. Our worst experience was about 8 years ago at Sea World. #Scarred4Life.

Oh. And been away for a while and now see that room keys are no longer used for FOTL. It's still unlimited tho right? Just in paper form now w a pic?

Trying to plan a trip soon. Baby#2 is coming no later than Monday (it is finally sinking in - eeks!! hence the sleepless nights) so between budget, no vacay, and recovery may have to live vicariously through you all.

Glad to see all of the changes; and yet, not much has changed at all!!! xoxoxo.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #2320
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goNDmay9 View Post
Hi homies!!! Can't sleep so have been catching up on this thread.

Holy Crap!!! Snakes and bears and minks Oh MY!!! I clearly have zero reason to ever complain again. We are in an older 1950's house surrounded by trees now. Used to be in brand new townhouse with only the "landscape" trees and some external bug system that fed pipes thru the house so I was big time spoiled. Our plans were to buy old and refurb and I am so glad we decided to rent first!!

Sending super hugs to all that have lost pets. I found out ours had to be put down in the middle of a client dinner and burst out into tears!!! That was a few years ago and I still get teary eyed.

Blood sugar is not a force to be reckoned with. Sending good vibes that you feel better soon.

BTG seem to be getting worse over the years. I mean do we really need the chanting?? Oh vey. I have never run into them at the Darkside though. Our worst experience was about 8 years ago at Sea World. #Scarred4Life.

Oh. And been away for a while and now see that room keys are no longer used for FOTL. It's still unlimited tho right? Just in paper form now w a pic?

Trying to plan a trip soon. Baby#2 is coming no later than Monday (it is finally sinking in - eeks!! hence the sleepless nights) so between budget, no vacay, and recovery may have to live vicariously through you all.

i vote for you to have the baby on sunday.
yea, like you have a choice ....

be sure to give us a heads up when baby arrives.

sending you for the loss of your pet. doesn't matter when it happened, it still lingers in your heart for years.

a year ago last february/'12, the darkside announced that the ep system was changing for onsite guests.
it didn't get off the ground until spring though.

you check into the hotel, get your hotel room key card, then go to the kiosk near the lobby desk to create your express pass.

show that tyvek paper ep pass at the entrance express line and you're good to go.

come on back when you can't sleep.

i'll leave the light on for youse.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #2321
schumigirl
I`ve bought one of those for this year....it`s in fuscia pink though......You`ll be able to see me from the air
It`s a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittengal13 View Post
I am very much a believer in karma
Thanks KG.......I`m a big believer in Karma too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
They swore up and down that you live in Ireland. I told them more than once you didn't but I don't think they believed me.
Oh my goodness whatever made them think that??? Definitely Scottish....even though we live in England

But......you know me....I talk to everyone and around the parks when I have struck up conversations with people.....the amount of nationalities I have been asked if I am......strangest one was French A woman from Texas came over to me once.....she had heard me speak in the queue for the bathroom......and asked if I was German......I do have a bit of German in me but not speech wise!!!!

Quote:
Took the pills again today and didn't feel exhausted. So there's that. Ugh, I'm so ready for my trip.
Glad you`re feeling bit better....but definitely see the doc just to get checked

Quote:
Originally Posted by goNDmay9 View Post

Yes you get your picture taken after you get your room key, there are machines in reception area and in the parks and it`s put on a separate paper .....same size as room key.....and it`s definitely still Unlimited EP

Good luck with bubba no2.....looking forward to a picture

Not much going on here today.......housework......salad preparing......and that`s about it.

Looking forward to going up to Scotland next weekend......leaving the 2 boys to fend for themselves for about 10 days I think...spend some time with mum and visiting friends and family.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

SEPT 2007 2 WEEKS BUENA VISTA PALACE & HHN
SEPT 2008 2 WEEKS POFQ &HHN
AUG 2009 2 WEEKS RPR
OCT 2010 2 WEEKS RPR & HHN
AUG 2011 2 WEEKS RPR
JULY 2012 17 NIGHTS RPR
APRIL 2013 WEEK IN NEW YORK
SEPT 2013...17 NIGHTS RPR &HHN
MAY 2014.....2 WEEKS IN NEW YORK
SEPTEMBER 2014....18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
Old 07-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #2322
BrinkofSunshine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Looking forward to going up to Scotland next weekend......leaving the 2 boys to fend for themselves for about 10 days I think...spend some time with mum and visiting friends and family.
I love Scotland... I've only been once but it was such a good trip. I'd love to visit again someday. The Fringe Festival in Edinburgh is incredible!
Old 07-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #2323
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

schumi, you are such a really nice person to give your friends the trip!

something very good will come your way now.

have fun with mum and enjoy all the time with your family & friends on that trip.

10 days in the homeland and then a short wait until you come to the darkside.

you lead a fun life!!

mr mac took off early this morning for a canoe adventure.
he is making this a short one of 3 days.
he loves anything that has to do with water and sleeping on the ground.

taking one son to the dentist for another molar to be crowned.
i keep watching the hhn site to see when tours will be available.
don't have wifi at the dentist so hope someone will call me if they see tours open up if i am not home.

hope everyone has a great weekend...........just get thru today and 5:00 will come quickly.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #2324
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

goND -another baby for the homies to ooh and ahhh over good luck with the delivery (better living thru chemistry)

tomoorow we head to the real sticks for DIL's employer sponsored free movie day v.2. How far out in the country is it? they lost power ten minutes into the first show a month ago and cancelled all the showings for the rest of the day.

youngest son took megabus to NYC yesterday with his buds for a vacation at one of their parents' homes as home base near sandy creek area. I do believe I developed a few new grey hairs. He'll be missing the BD dinner i'm having for my two oldsons on Sunday, they don't seem too thrilled to be sharing a celebration lol.

what's everybody else doing this weekend?

Old 07-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #2325
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

i'm not cooking this weekend, that's for sure.........

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: