Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #2776
lilfish
Earning My Ears

We're staying at the French Quarter in 3 weeks!!! We have never stayed in Disney - and we can't wait!

I am trying to read all the posts to learn what I can before we go.

I had a few questions -

Is the outdoor movie every night? Does anyone know the time of the movie?

Is the campfire every nite also? What time is that? and how much are the s'more kits? Are they disney themed kits? or just plain?

Thanks so much!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #2777
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfish View Post
We're staying at the French Quarter in 3 weeks!!! We have never stayed in Disney - and we can't wait!

I am trying to read all the posts to learn what I can before we go.

I had a few questions -

Is the outdoor movie every night? Does anyone know the time of the movie?

Is the campfire every nite also? What time is that? and how much are the s'more kits? Are they disney themed kits? or just plain?

Thanks so much!!!!!!
Go back to page 170, post 2543. That is the July schedule and it will give you a very good idea of what to expect in three weeks (I assume you will be going in August). Andre will post the August info a few days before the first of the month (well, at least that is what he usually does).

Have a wonderful trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #2778
lilfish
Earning My Ears

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Go back to page 170, post 2543. That is the July schedule and it will give you a very good idea of what to expect in three weeks (I assume you will be going in August). Andre will post the August info a few days before the first of the month (well, at least that is what he usually does).

Have a wonderful trip!

Thank you!!!! That was very helpful! I am trying to read through all the posts!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #2779
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post

Have a wonderful trip!
As far as every time we went the campfire is every night at bldg 5 and movie is every night weather permitting
Old 07-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #2780
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Tom Casey becomes Port Orleans French Quarter's new resident musician

Now that the lobby refurbishment at Port Orleans French Quarter is complete, entertainment offerings at Scat Cat’s Lounge will resume on Friday, July 19.

Musician Tom Casey will join Scat Cat’s Lounge, performing a dynamic blend of piano and jazz vocals. Tom has previously performed at a variety of venues across the Walt Disney World Resort, including providing vacation cover for French Quarter's previous resident musician, Elliot Dyson.

Performances will take place Friday through Monday at 8:30pm, 9:30pm and 10:30pm. There are no performances scheduled on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 07-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #2781
Mommiesblessings2
Mouseketeer

My TA informed me to not count on PORFQ for FD that no rooms are available as they all went to the pin group.

Is this for real?
Old 07-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #2782
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Now that the lobby refurbishment at Port Orleans French Quarter is complete, entertainment offerings at Scat Cat’s Lounge will resume on Friday, July 19.

Musician Tom Casey will join Scat Cat’s Lounge, performing a dynamic blend of piano and jazz vocals. Tom has previously performed at a variety of venues across the Walt Disney World Resort, including providing vacation cover for French Quarter's previous resident musician, Elliot Dyson.

Performances will take place Friday through Monday at 8:30pm, 9:30pm and 10:30pm. There are no performances scheduled on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.

Andre
I'm sad hoped for Elliot's return
Old 07-20-2013, 04:08 AM   #2783
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommiesblessings2 View Post
My TA informed me to not count on PORFQ for FD that no rooms are available as they all went to the pin group.

Is this for real?
No idea, we don't even know for sure whether there will be any extra free dining dates announced for this year at all, let alone the details.

POFQ, being a smaller and very popular resort, often doesn't get as many (or as deep) discounts as other resorts though. Remember that these sort of offers are PURELY to help Disney clear room inventory that is not currently selling well, it's nothing to do with them owing guests anything.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 07-20-2013, 05:09 AM   #2784
cwcooper810
Mouseketeer

If you already have a room booked, would there be any problem to applying free dining to your ressie?
August 9-12 (Disneyland)
December 1-7, 2009 (POP Century)
October 19-26, 2010 (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
August 9-12 (B-Day at Disneyland)
December 6-12, 2011 (POP Century)
September 26-October 2, 2012 (Art of Animation)
December 3-9, 2013 (Port Orleans French Quarter)
Old 07-20-2013, 05:46 AM   #2785
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcooper810 View Post
If you already have a room booked, would there be any problem to applying free dining to your ressie?

If an offer comes up for the same resort, sure you can do that. You might need to change room category though, as they will sometimes link offers to specific booking categories only.

Andre

Old 07-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #2786
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Any updates on the refrigerator situation? Anyone who's there now or just got back, did you have one in your room? Just haven't heard anything lately and wondering how the switch-out is going.

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #2787
lilfish
Earning My Ears

One more movie question - do you need to bring a blanket to sit on? or can we use towels from the hotel?

Thanks! We're getting excited!
Old 07-20-2013, 09:46 AM   #2788
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Andre
Thanks for the update Andre!!

Carla
Old 07-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #2789
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfish View Post
One more movie question - do you need to bring a blanket to sit on? or can we use towels from the hotel?

Thanks! We're getting excited!
We used pool towels.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #2790
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcooper810 View Post
Quote:
If an offer comes up for the same resort, sure you can do that. You might need to change room category though, as they will sometimes link offers to specific booking categories only.

Andre

I have had a standard room booked at POFQ for quite some time. Got a PIN a month ago, maybe more now, and there was NOTHING at POFQ for me to change too. I could have gone to POR or another resort, but didn't want too....

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: