Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
Sweety_tweety
Mouseketeer

Silk Almond Milk--for those who don't like milk

I was not sure where to post this, but wanted to share with others my experience. I have never liked the taste of milk. Even using a minimal amount of milk in cereal, I would get pains in my stomach. I am guessing I am lactose intolerant. I tried the lactose free milk a few years ago, did not like it and never tried it again.

Anyway, I recently tried the vanilla almond in my cereal--I think it tastes better than regular milk! I still can't get over it. On the otherhand, my sister who loves milk, does not like it. The dark chocolate almond is also awesome. Instead of pop tarts every morning, I eat Great Grains with fresh blueberries and almond vanilla milk.

I know I can't be the only person out there that does not like milk. The almond milk also has more calcium than regular milk. I am always trying to find ways to increase my calcium intake.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
BreeBree
Earning My Ears

I've been trying to incorporate more almond milk into my family's diet and we just love it! I buy the 365 brand at Whole Foods (we eat organic) and my husband can't even tell the difference. Great find!

~Past Trips~
WDW Wilderness Lodge Engagement Trip 2006 , DCL/WDW Grand Floridian Disneymoon 2007, WDW Wilderness Lodge 2008, DL Grand Californian 2009, DLP Hotel New York 2010, WDW Grand Floridian 2011, DCL/WDW Polynesian 2012

Me(25)DH(38) DS(6)DS(5)DD(3)DD(2 months)

BreeBree is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #3
mgrace79
Mouseketeer

I love almond milk as well as almond cheese. I have a sensitivity to dairy.
mgrace79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #4
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

I don't have sensitivity to milk, but I am trying to live a more vegan-like life...so for about 6 - 9 months now I have been getting the almond milk 3 packs at Costco for myself. I really do like it.

Minnesota! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #5
diznee25
DIS Veteran

I recently became lactose intolerant, so I started using Silk Milk (original flavor). Like the OP, I too was surprised how much I liked the taste! I use it in cereal, scrambled eggs, anything that calls for milk.

However, I don't like drinking it straight....putting it in cereal and stuff helps mask the 'offish' taste.

diznee25
Old 11-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #6
bandit90
Mouseketeer

I like the almond milk a lot, especially in macaroni and cheese. My boyfriend has issues with milk and I bought him the chocolate almond milk to try when he didn't like the vanilla. He ended up liking it so much that he wouldn't let me have any of it.
bandit90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:19 AM   #7
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

I also have a problem with lactose intolerance and I have been using almond milk for several months now. I really like it and it doesn't give me issues with my stomach.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: