Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 07:26 AM   #616
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberlady View Post
I have been stalking airfare and also checking through all of NY including Stewart for 11/22 and I can't get a thing under $500
I have never seen such crazy high prices as this year. We like flying out of HPN so I booked our out going flight the day JB first offered fares for Nov. $130 one way I could live with, waited on our return flight as it opened at $249

Then it went up to $251 so I bought fearing it would just climb higher. It started dropping, I called 3x to get credits final cost so far $180 ($142 in credits on 2 tix)
Now it has been inching back up $210, yesterday $213.

It is just nuts. Hope you find a good deal. I read 6 weeks out you get good deals but I never waited last minute
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #617
doberlady
It just never gets old to me
I adore the obsessiveness of Disney planning
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: yorktown, NY
Posts: 944

we loveeeeeeeeeeeee HPN but that is out of the question now
__________________
Debbie

Dixie Landings 1993 * Dixie Landings 1997
Dixie Landings 2000 * Old Key West 2002
Old Key West 2005 * Old Key West 2006
Contemporary 2008 * Disney Magic 2009
POR/CR 2010 * Contemporary 2011
Contemporary 2012 * Beach Club CL 2014

doberlady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #618
ZoeisMommy
ºoº Earning My Ears
 
ZoeisMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 420

we got a bounceback offer that included thanksgiving and the current email pin code includes the 23rd so hopefully we can snag free dining on the 23rd!!!
__________________
ZoeisMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #619
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberlady View Post
we loveeeeeeeeeeeee HPN but that is out of the question now
Ya never know last year we flew after Thanksgiving for $220 RT
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #620
ilovemk76
DIS Veteran
 
ilovemk76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,349

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeisMommy View Post
we got a bounceback offer that included thanksgiving and the current email pin code includes the 23rd so hopefully we can snag free dining on the 23rd!!!
When we were there the bounceback excluded Thanksgiving. It only covered 11/30-12/4.
ilovemk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #621
Promomx2
DIS Veteran
 
Promomx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: va.
Posts: 3,096

Okay, I hope I did the right thing. I booked our flights on Southwest. We've flown AirTran and JetBlue but never Southwest. But I did get $59 one way and it's a nonstop.
Promomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:36 AM   #622
Coconuts
DIS Veteran
 
Coconuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Haddonfield, NJ
Posts: 2,893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post
Okay, I hope I did the right thing. I booked our flights on Southwest. We've flown AirTran and JetBlue but never Southwest. But I did get $59 one way and it's a nonstop.
Wow $59!!! That's awesome. I would book that flight even if I didn't have a pin. You can't beat that airfare. That's such a good deal it's almost equivalent to getting a 40% room discount and free dining at the same time!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Me DH DS(13) DD(10) DD(6) DD(0) DDog
2013 POR ; 2012 DCL Magic ; 2011 POR ; 2011 POP ; 2009 CBR ; 2007 POR ; 2006 Poly ; 1998 CSR ; 1993 Offsite-Royal Plaza ; 1986 Offsite-Hyatt Regency ; 1983 CR ; 1979 CR
Coconuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:45 AM   #623
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post
Okay, I hope I did the right thing. I booked our flights on Southwest. We've flown AirTran and JetBlue but never Southwest. But I did get $59 one way and it's a nonstop.
WOW! Congrates on the Great airfare!
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #624
DisneyNDecember
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyNDecember's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Plano TX
Posts: 1,053

I booked today !!!

Well, I bit the bullet. I was on the fence about waiting for Nov PIN codes for room only discounts, but when I averaged out the price, it was a difference of approx. $145 daily if you chose Free Dining or Room Only Discount for Wilderness Lodge Courtyard views for 6 nights/7 days.

In our prior visits, I typically budgeted $100 daily for meals/snacks/drinks, but since this may be our last visit in quite some time (son is a Senior this year & we are travelling during slow week at his school prior to Thanksgiving week), I thought at least w/free dining, I don't have to take as much cash on me this trip & we can enjoy more sit down meals with DESSERTS !!! YUM !!!!

__________________
DisneyNDecember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #625
Haywardhauler
Earning My Ears
 
Haywardhauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 23

2014 PIN Code

We are headed to the World from November 9 - 15 2013. From what I have been reading and watching on the podcasts it looks like we are not going to hit the free dining dates that some DISers have been getting via PIN Codes. So today I checked one of my old e-mail accounts and sure enough there is a PIN code, for 2014 travel dates (1/5 - 3/2/14 and 3/16 - 4/12/14). Called Disney Travel and spoke with a CM to see if there were any other PIN codes on my profile. There are not. However, the CM said she has not seen any other "general offers" come out yet for the fall (they all go thru Sept now) She also said that in her experience Veterans Day weekend is usually not blocked out. She also mentioned that she has seen offers in the past that include my dates. She also said that if I dont use this PIN code that I may get another one. Of course she could not tell me the travel dates of any future PIN codes but at least this old e-mail account is still in their system. Here is to hoping for a Room Only discount for the fall !!!!!

BTW this PIN Code was for Room Only.
25% Deluxe Villas
20% Deluxe Resorts
20% Moderates
15% Values

Last edited by Haywardhauler; 07-25-2013 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Forgot to add details
Haywardhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #626
park
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywardhauler View Post
She also said that in her experience Veterans Day weekend is usually not blocked out.
I'm not sure that's true. I tried to look up the blackout dates for last year but could not find. I do recall moving my dates last time though in November and I swear it was because the PIN I had didn't work for the VD weekend. I could be wrong. In any case, it is certainly likely to be this year for any FD general public offer because it is blacked out from the existing PIN codes. Good luck!
__________________
park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #627
Haywardhauler
Earning My Ears
 
Haywardhauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by park View Post
I'm not sure that's true. I tried to look up the blackout dates for last year but could not find. I do recall moving my dates last time though in November and I swear it was because the PIN I had didn't work for the VD weekend. I could be wrong. In any case, it is certainly likely to be this year for any FD general public offer because it is blacked out from the existing PIN codes. Good luck!
You are probably right. With the 1/2 Marathon, Food & Wine, etc going on that weekend I would see no need for Disney to have any offers out for tha weekend. Unfortuatyely I cannot move my dates and I am not sure if splitting a reservation is worth it for FD seeing as how I already have a AAA discount.
Haywardhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #628
park
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywardhauler View Post
She also said that in her experience Veterans Day weekend is usually not blocked out.
I'm not sure that's true. I tried to look up the blackout dates for last year but could not find. I do recall moving my dates last time though in November and I swear it was because the PIN I had didn't work for the VD weekend. I could be wrong. In any case, it is certainly likely to be this year for FD.
__________________
park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #629
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywardhauler View Post
We are headed to the World from November 9 - 15 2013. From what I have been reading and watching on the podcasts it looks like we are not going to hit the free dining dates that some DISers have been getting via PIN Codes. So today I checked one of my old e-mail accounts and sure enough there is a PIN code, for 2014 travel dates (1/5 - 3/2/14 and 3/16 - 4/12/14). Called Disney Travel and spoke with a CM to see if there were any other PIN codes on my profile. There are not. However, the CM said she has not seen any other "general offers" come out yet for the fall (they all go thru Sept now) She also said that in her experience Veterans Day weekend is usually not blocked out. She also mentioned that she has seen offers in the past that include my dates. She also said that if I dont use this PIN code that I may get another one. Of course she could not tell me the travel dates of any future PIN codes but at least this old e-mail account is still in their system. Here is to hoping for a Room Only discount for the fall !!!!!


BTW this PIN Code was for Room Only.
25% Deluxe Villas
20% Deluxe Resorts
20% Moderates
15% Values
The RO discount dates have been leaked. Here is the thread...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3146492
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.