Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
ArielSparrow
From Fins to Fila

Photopass Outside the Parks

Hi, does anyone have any tips on where to find and how to get Photopass pictures while not in any of the parks? To get the most out of my CD, I want to get as many pictures as possible. I normally only take pictures with characters, and now I'm planning on taking lots of pictures with icons and hunting down magic shots. I want to know if/where/how I can get pictures in DTD and the hotels. I saw while googling that someone had photopass picture of them looking at giraffes at AKL. Is stuff like that the norm or just pixie dust?

Last edited by ArielSparrow; 07-18-2013 at 04:04 PM. Reason: reworded question
ArielSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:26 PM   #2
ArielSparrow
From Fins to Fila

I think I should take this as a no?
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #3
andyman8
DIS Veteran

PP photographers can be found at the two Disney water parks in addition to the four theme parks. Once or twice, I've seen one taking pictures of guests in the lobby of one of the really nice Deluxe resorts (i.e. GF). They also take pictures at the following dining locations:
  • Cinderella's Royal Table at Magic Kingdom® Park (photos included with meal price)
  • Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus; Norway in Epcot® (photos included with meal price)
  • 1900 Park Fare at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
  • Tusker House at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
  • Chef Mickey's at Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at Disney's Polynesian Resort
  • 'Ohana at Disney's Polynesian Resort
  • The Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue Dinner show at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
Other than that, you won't really find them around. In the parks, of course, you'll want to take advantage of them at park icons, character greetings, rides, and any other "around the park" locations. Hope this helps!
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
andyman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
ArielSparrow
From Fins to Fila

I don't know how to contact a member on TripAdvisor or I'd ask this lady goes she got the shot. http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationP...o_Florida.html

That would be swell. Which resorts might have photographers? We plan on resort hopping/exploring on one of the days.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #5
Cynister
Mouseketeer

At 1 point in time they used to have PP photographers at the deluxe resorts. They stopped doing that, though I'm not sure how long ago. From the looks of the picture, it looks like she got that taken at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in 2012. It is possible there was a photographer there at that time, I just don't know if they still have them there. My guess would be no, because I read somewhere before that they discontinued all resort PP photographers.

DH Me DS

July 1986 DL: Off-site
April 1990 WDW: Off-Site - MK, EP
May 2013 WDW: Contemporary Garden Wing - MK, EP, AK, DHS - Star Wars Weekends, Flower & Garden Festival
May 2015 WDW: Beach Club or Boardwalk?
December 2015 WDW: Contemporary Bay Lake Tower or Wilderness Lodge?
Cynister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #6
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSparrow View Post
I don't know how to contact a member on TripAdvisor or I'd ask this lady goes she got the shot. http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationP...o_Florida.html

That would be swell. Which resorts might have photographers? We plan on resort hopping/exploring on one of the days.
Either that was pixie dust or more likely since he is wearing a honeymoon button they paid for a private photo session (not part of regular photo pass).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynister View Post
My guess would be no, because I read somewhere before that they discontinued all resort PP photographers.
Hmm, as of last December they still at PP at the deluxe resorts, but I could never pin down a time, we just found them randomly in the evenings around dinner time at both WL and AKL (and during the day at GF, but we didnt stop and get that one).

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #7
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My experience has been the same as raenstorm's. In December we have pp shots from AKL and GF.

The shot that you linked to doesn't look like a special shot. That area of AK (I think it might be Kidani) can be accessed by anyone. I have some shots similar to that that I took.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #8
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If you click on her link titled "Expected nothing less from Disney", well first it takes over one of your tabs (if you have tabs), and then you can read her mini report. In it she says "On the last day, we had a few hours after check out before we left for our flight, and we decided to do one of those photo-shoots for a small price around the hotel."

So that's NOT a normal photopass shoot.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:16 AM   #9
ArielSparrow
From Fins to Fila

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230

My experience has been the same as raenstorm's. In December we have pp shots from AKL and GF.

The shot that you linked to doesn't look like a special shot. That area of AK (I think it might be Kidani) can be accessed by anyone. I have some shots similar to that that I took.
Yeah but there's just the two of us so a little difficult to get a pic of us looking at the animals because in my experience, handing my camera over to a random person doesn't turn out well. Most people just can't frame a shot properly, or they aren't thinking anything other than "take the photo quickly, get back to my vacation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot

If you click on her link titled "Expected nothing less from Disney", well first it takes over one of your tabs (if you have tabs), and then you can read her mini report. In it she says "On the last day, we had a few hours after check out before we left for our flight, and we decided to do one of those photo-shoots for a small price around the hotel."

So that's NOT a normal photopass shoot.
THANKS! Don't know how I missed that. Anything beyond reviews and I start getting lost in that site. In usually better with technology.

Thanks all. I'm sure I'll get good pictures outside the resorts. I might have to bring along my gorillapod.

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, boardwalk, downtown disney, photopass, pictures

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: