Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #3631
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalFashionista View Post
Sold! My son won't go to sleep if heats people and thinks they are up having fun and he's not!
My girls really enjoy pop. I'm sure your kids will as well.

2003 ASMO, 2004 WL, 2005 POFQ, 2006 POFQ, 2007 SSR, 2008 SSR, 2009 POFQ& POP (FD) , 2010 POP (FD) , 2011 POP (FD), 2012 POP (FD),2013 pop (FD) up next POP FD bouncebacks
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #3632
tinkerbell3747
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Check out the" Shipping To Your Resort" Stickey at the top of this board.
Thank you!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #3633
DoingDisney13
Earning My Ears

We aren't using a TA and I'm not sure how to reserve a certain room area at POP. How do I do that?

Thanks!!
DoingDisney13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #3634
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingDisney13 View Post
We aren't using a TA and I'm not sure how to reserve a certain room area at POP. How do I do that?

Thanks!!

Requests need to be called in (you can just call 1(407)W-DISNEY) and added to your reservation. You can list 3, so be sure to list them in order of importance. For instance, I always request in this order:

Building 9
4th floor
Close to transportation

I always get all 3, but that doesn't happen for everyone, so that is why the order is important. Good luck!
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #3635
PrincesCJM
DIS Veteran

Here at Pop now. We checked in last night, in building 6. The fridge in the room had a note on it saying do not use but I called mousekeeping and they brought me a fridge. My son is 13 months and drinks a lot of milk (and not much real food unfortunately) so it was declares medically necessary.
Two trips as a child 5/04 - Offsite 8/07 - Offsite/ASSp. DH's first trip. 8/09 - POFQ for honeymoon. 4/11 - Pop Century for our 3rd trip together! 7/11 - Offsite for STS-135 Launch seen from KSCVC 7/13 - Pop Century. DS's first trip! 4/2015 - ?POFQ?

PrincesCJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #3636
kastoney
Mouseketeer

Could use everyone's expertise. We've stayed at pop before but it was just the hubby n I and we didn't care where the room was. This time we will have our 2 year old with us as we'll as my parents. I've requested adjoining rooms but nothing else at this point for our September trip. I'm thinking of asking for the 70's section for two reasons. First there is no pool in this section so I'm hopeful for quieter nap times for our daughter, it's also close to the bus stop and while my parents don't have mobility issues they are a little slower these days and I think close will be helpful at the end of the day. Thoughts? Anything else we should request?

WDW 78, 86, 89, 90, 94, 97, 99, 01, 10
Disneyland 86, 89 & 07 (Honeymoon)
Planning for our daughters 1st Visit in Sep & 3rd Bday for Feb 14
kastoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #3637
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastoney View Post
Could use everyone's expertise. We've stayed at pop before but it was just the hubby n I and we didn't care where the room was. This time we will have our 2 year old with us as we'll as my parents. I've requested adjoining rooms but nothing else at this point for our September trip. I'm thinking of asking for the 70's section for two reasons. First there is no pool in this section so I'm hopeful for quieter nap times for our daughter, it's also close to the bus stop and while my parents don't have mobility issues they are a little slower these days and I think close will be helpful at the end of the day. Thoughts? Anything else we should request?
No suggestions really, but I just want to make sure you know that you should request connecting rooms if you want the best possible chance to be close to your parents. Adjoining rooms could be close, but they could also just be in the same building and on a totally different floor.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #3638
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Crazy resort changer here and I just have to say so much for this thread. Usually I hop all over trying to get all the info I want but this thread really has everything I need when I am leaning towards Pop again.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #3639
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Got the last of my Mickey Mail yesterday. We will be leaving 4 weeks from tomorrow. I need to go out and find a new suitcase we are one big one short. We never ever bring this much luggage but the cruise is making me pack more than normal.

My magic bands have gone from Customize to being shipped soon. So I can report back how they handle everything at pop once we get back.

2003 ASMO, 2004 WL, 2005 POFQ, 2006 POFQ, 2007 SSR, 2008 SSR, 2009 POFQ& POP (FD) , 2010 POP (FD) , 2011 POP (FD), 2012 POP (FD),2013 pop (FD) up next POP FD bouncebacks
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #3640
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Got the last of my Mickey Mail yesterday. We will be leaving 4 weeks from tomorrow. I need to go out and find a new suitcase we are one big one short. We never ever bring this much luggage but the cruise is making me pack more than normal.

My magic bands have gone from Customize to being shipped soon. So I can report back how they handle everything at pop once we get back.

We leave 3 weeks from today! 21 days from right now we will be in our descent to MCO. I cannot wait - I am so unfocused already! I just need to BE THERE! Nothing like it!
Minnesota! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #3641
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
We never ever bring this much luggage but the cruise is making me pack more than normal..

what the heck are you packing for a cruise? We use less packing for a cruise then we do a land vacation-- cabins are much smaller then you normally have with a room at disney

take half those clothes and go get more money

Last edited by serene56; 07-19-2013 at 10:48 AM.
serene56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #3642
M2DD's
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincesCJM View Post
Here at Pop now. We checked in last night, in building 6. The fridge in the room had a note on it saying do not use but I called mousekeeping and they brought me a fridge. My son is 13 months and drinks a lot of milk (and not much real food unfortunately) so it was declares medically necessary.
Glad u were able to get one we check in next wk and put a request in.
Do u know if they started the new soda RIFD machines and can u get water from them if they do? I don't drink any soda so cold water is a must since i may not have a fridge to keep water cold in my room
Old 07-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #3643
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2DD's View Post
Glad u were able to get one we check in next wk and put a request in.
Do u know if they started the new soda RIFD machines and can u get water from them if they do? I don't drink any soda so cold water is a must since i may not have a fridge to keep water cold in my room
Reports are the new RFID machines are installed at Pop but are not active with the chipped mugs yet. They are working with the current mugs. Regardless you can expect that cold water will not be subject to the RFID system.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #3644
DonoMoose
Mouseketeer

Sorry if this was already answered in older posts but I'm a little confused about the RFID? If your on the DDP they give you the refillable mugs, but do you still have the purchase the refillable days on it or are we allowed to just refill it our entire stay since on the ddp?

9/13(POP) 3/13(AKL) 3/09(Pop) 3/07 (ASM)
9/06(Pop) 04(OP)

ME DH DS11 DS2 DD8
DonoMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #3645
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonoMoose View Post
Sorry if this was already answered in older posts but I'm a little confused about the RFID? If your on the DDP they give you the refillable mugs, but do you still have the purchase the refillable days on it or are we allowed to just refill it our entire stay since on the ddp?
The RFID system has not started yet, but even when it does, your mug and refills are included in your dining plan. There is no extra cost for you.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: