Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #3586
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Not always. In our two stays at POFQ we only went to POR once once on the bus.
I agree but both times we stayed there it was around Easter week. Not sure if that makes a diffrence or not. Peak vs non peak times. We only went to por 2 times in 14 days. To be fair we didn't ride the bus all of those days we did Seaworld and Universal as well.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 07-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #3587
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

we prefer POP over PORQ and POR, but that is just us. Try it out and if you don't like it they can move you over if there is room availability
DS (14)
Lily
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #3588
luvs2travl
Dream BIG...Live GRAND

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Not always. In our two stays at POFQ we only went to POR once once on the bus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
I agree but both times we stayed there it was around Easter week. Not sure if that makes a diffrence or not. Peak vs non peak times. We only went to por 2 times in 14 days. To be fair we didn't ride the bus all of those days we did Seaworld and Universal as well.
In three stays at POFQ, only ONCE did a bus stop at POR after picking us up at POFQ. It was in the late afternoon on a DHS bus on an extra magic hours night.

Disney Vacations: 17 - Disney Cruise: 1
Old 07-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #3589
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Just order my magic band and picked our colors. They are being mailed to us. Picked out our FP plus as well. Just thought anyone staying at pop next month would like to know. There is only 4 of us but I had to order 8 bands since we have a room only the night before. We have a rainbow of colors coming. LOL I got one green RO and pink for our package. I hope I dont' regret being a test person.

The next Guest test has started. Anyone staying at AKL contemp pop or yatch club from aug 2 - aug 25 is being invited to participate. During the change over until normal FP is gone everyone will still get a KTTW card that can access normal FP. Yes your MagicBand will be mailed to you.

Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 07-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #3590
GOOFYsince71
I know there is no glass slipper in the world that will fit my foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezy View Post
I'm pretty sure that's off the menu now. We were at AoA a few weeks ago and walked over to Pop for lunch one day. No Chicken Penne Alfredo (it was my favorite meal there -- however, you can "recreate" it over at the create-your-own pasta station at Landscape of Flavors in AoA.). The station that makes the tacos/nachos/etc. wasn't open and one whole beverage island was "roped off" (not just one machine -- the entire island). This was around noon so I'm not sure why a big chunk of the food court wasn't operating. We were a little disappointed as we had walked over there for the Chicken Penne Alfredo and tacos. :-( We've stayed at Pop several times and always loved the food court but we were very happy we weren't staying there on this trip.
Looks like we have to find a new place to call home!! and after 30 visits I thought that I really had found the "affordable" place with a good food court....Sounds like too many changes....and not all for the good....thank you.!
Old 07-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #3591
GOOFYsince71
I know there is no glass slipper in the world that will fit my foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
it was gone when I was there in early May.
so sad. .....I closed my eyes to the hard beds,,and the Crazy busy food court, to end each day with that chicken!!
Old 07-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #3592
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFYsince71

so sad. .....I closed my eyes to the hard beds,,and the Crazy busy food court, to end each day with that chicken!!
Well to be honest...RARELY was the food court busy at POP this year whenever I was there! I spent 38 days at POP this year so far...the busiest I saw it was at MLK jr weekend! I left frrom my last visit on July 3rd and the hotel wasn't even close to being sold out!! One of the food court kiosks was shut down as was one of the beverage islands. Pretty much every time I am there part of the dining area is closed off. My chef friend said they won't open the one kiosk at lunch unless the hotel is at a certain occupancy level because it doesn't warrant the cost of the food (what they have to throw away because it doesn't sell) and the extra employees to mann it. I guess they looked at the sales receipts to see what was selling and that sold the least??
Old 07-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #3593
tinkerbell3747
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to ship some items to the resort. I remember doing this a few years back when POP was our home away from home before becoming DVC members.

This year we are going to be returning to POP . I remember the address being in the 1st post of another FAQ thread but I can't find it.....can someone point me in the right direction

Also disappointed to hear the Chix/Penne alfredo is gone that was my favourite dish too
Old 07-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #3594
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell3747
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to ship some items to the resort. I remember doing this a few years back when POP was our home away from home before becoming DVC members.

This year we are going to be returning to POP . I remember the address being in the 1st post of another FAQ thread but I can't find it.....can someone point me in the right direction

Also disappointed to hear the Chix/Penne alfredo is gone that was my favourite dish too
Check out the" Shipping To Your Resort" Stickey at the top of this board.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #3595
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY
Just order my magic band and picked our colors. They are being mailed to us. Picked out our FP plus as well. Just thought anyone staying at pop next month would like to know. There is only 4 of us but I had to order 8 bands since we have a room only the night before. We have a rainbow of colors coming. LOL I got one green RO and pink for our package. I hope I dont' regret being a test person.

The next Guest test has started. Anyone staying at AKL contemp pop or yatch club from aug 2 - aug 25 is being invited to participate. During the change over until normal FP is gone everyone will still get a KTTW card that can access normal FP. Yes your MagicBand will be mailed to you.
Did they select you for the guest test or did you contact them?
We went in March of 2012 and used our ticket cards. Now we're going in October and I'm a little confused and slightly over whelmed at the thought of the bands. I'm sure ill be better once I have them in my hands and using them but until than they are making me nervous.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #3596
disney_girl125
Mouseketeer

I'm checking in on August 4th but didn't hear anything about the magic bands. How did you sign up for them?
Old 07-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #3597
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

We will be checking into POP in 14 days!! This is a surprise to DS who has always wanted to stay here so we are doing a split stay. I am also surprising him with the Pirates and Pals Cruise. He is a big Captain Hook fan Can't wait to try POP for the first time. This thread is so helpful.

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
Old 07-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #3598
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Did they select you for the guest test or did you contact them?
We went in March of 2012 and used our ticket cards. Now we're going in October and I'm a little confused and slightly over whelmed at the thought of the bands. I'm sure ill be better once I have them in my hands and using them but until than they are making me nervous.
Neither it was up today for me to book. But I guess if you didn't get a email it is a glitch. Way to go disney.

Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 07-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #3599
bookbunny
Mouseketeer

Just did my online check in. YEAH! So excited!!! I cant wait to see Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Mickey and Minnie. This is our second trip down there this year. I am already looking into next year.

9/2014, 9/2013, 2/2013, 9/2012, 9/2005, 9/2002, 9/2000 - "POP Century"
9/1998, 9/1996 - "All Star Movie"
9/1994 - "All Star Music"
summer of 80's - Stayed with family

Dined @: Bubba Gumps Shrimp Co, Cape May Café, T-Rex, Crossroads at House of Blues, Fulton's Crab House, Cap n' Jack's, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe', Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, Tony's Town Square, Teppan Edo, Hard Rock Cafe'......
Old 07-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #3600
gfawcetti
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post

Neither it was up today for me to book. But I guess if you didn't get a email it is a glitch. Way to go disney.
When I logged into MDE, online not the app, I got a pop up box that asked me to customize our bands etc. so I did & then I got nervous because I didn't get an email... So I called WDW & the CM told me that if you we're able to customize your bands you had been selected for testing! I'm super excited to be honest since it sounds like we can use FP+ and the reg FP program.

I'll post the pics when they arrive... We are staying at Pop fom 8-25 to 9-1

G
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: