Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #2761
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Are there corner rooms (i.e., two windows) at POFQ? Look like on portorleans.org that most of these are King Bed rooms. Do I need to book King category to ensure a corner?

Stupid Judy.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #2762
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpizzuro123 View Post
Sorry, no matter how nice they make the new lobby area - it will not be the same without Elliott Dyson playing there in the evenings. We will be staying there in November - but are so disapointed he will not be there .

Linda
I agree 100%! I was hoping he would return after the lobby rehab was completed. Guess not. It will be interesting to see if new entertainment is coming to POFQ or if Elliot's dismissal was another overall budget cut by Disney.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #2763
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
Are there corner rooms (i.e., two windows) at POFQ?
Yes. They are, well, on the corners.

All of the King Bed rooms at POFQ are located on corners (so yes, booking King Bed will guarantee that you get a corner room) but there are lots of other corner rooms in various other categories, with two queen beds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
I agree 100%! I was hoping he would return after the lobby rehab was completed. Guess not. It will be interesting to see if new entertainment is coming to POFQ or if Elliot's dismissal was another overall budget cut by Disney.
It's my understanding that there will still be evening entertainment at POFQ in the future, but sadly it's unlikely that Elliot will be returning.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 07-16-2013, 07:32 AM   #2764
Goofy127
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Yeah, just get in touch with the resort (with both reservation numbers) and they should be able to sort you out. If you can't get them linked in advance, just send a fax 5 days before you're due to arrive for the room allocation team to make sure your rooms are nearby.

Andre
How do I find the fax number for the resort? Thanks for the info
Disney All Star Movies, September 2007
Disney Port Orleans French Quarter, August 2013
Old 07-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #2765
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohal View Post
I ran the numbers and for me to stay at POFQ over ASMo for 8 nights is a difference of $800. I'm trying to justify the why I would spend that much more just to sleep. It is DH and me. I hope someone can convince me it is worth the extra money.
To me, there is a major difference between values and mods, and that is one of "ambiance" for lack of a better word. The neon and oversized icons at the values seem to keep a hyped up, go-go-go mood, keeping the same energy as at the parks. The mods (at least POR and CSR, as this will be my first POFQ stay) feel more resort-like to me, more calm and peaceful. I step off a bus at a mod and immediately feel relaxed. Even though the place may be just a place to sleep, I find that the feeling of the resorts make it easier to get a truly restful sleep.

I'm not sure that's worth $800, though!

Old 07-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #2766
songkat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohal View Post
I ran the numbers and for me to stay at POFQ over ASMo for 8 nights is a difference of $800. I'm trying to justify the why I would spend that much more just to sleep. It is DH and me. I hope someone can convince me it is worth the extra money.
I did those same numbers (hotel plus park tickets with park hopper) and came up with a difference of about $556. Although, I was checking for dates in late January, not summer, so maybe that's the difference.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #2767
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

I know that I saw a link somewhere in this thread for the room category resort layout. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

August 2010 - POR
August 2011 - CBR
February 2012 - Pop
August 2012 - BC
August 2013 - POFQ
August 2014 - POFQ
Old 07-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #2768
karly05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaf516 View Post
I know that I saw a link somewhere in this thread for the room category resort layout. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Was it this?

http://www.portorleans.org/frenchqua...ommodation.php

This is from Andre's awesome PortOrleans.org site. Just click on a building on the map and it gives all the details for that bldg.
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #2769
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karly05 View Post
Was it this?

This is from Andre's awesome PortOrleans.org site. Just click on a building on the map and it gives all the details for that bldg.
Thanks, but no this isn't it. I thought I remember seeing the resort layout that showed what category of rooms were in each building. Maybe I was dreaming...

August 2010 - POR
August 2011 - CBR
February 2012 - Pop
August 2012 - BC
August 2013 - POFQ
August 2014 - POFQ
Old 07-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #2770
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy127 View Post
How do I find the fax number for the resort? Thanks for the info
Did you notice the title of this thread before you posted? The bit where it says "Read first posts for FAQs" ?

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 07-16-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #2771
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by karly05 View Post
Was it this?

Thanks, but no this isn't it. I thought I remember seeing the resort layout that showed what category of rooms were in each building. Maybe I was dreaming...
Well if you can point me to better maps, I'd love to find them - and it would have saved me a lot of work too! LOL. Did you do as suggested above and click on each of the buildings to see the full floorplan layouts? If you want to download them all in one go, there's a PDF version too.

Andre

Old 07-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #2772
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Well if you can point me to better maps, I'd love to find them - and it would have saved me a lot of work too! LOL. Did you do as suggested above and click on each of the buildings to see the full floorplan layouts? If you want to download them all in one go, there's a PDF version too.

Andre
I guess I should have read the entire message first! This is exactly what I was looking for. I missed the part about clicking on the building...

August 2010 - POR
August 2011 - CBR
February 2012 - Pop
August 2012 - BC
August 2013 - POFQ
August 2014 - POFQ
Old 07-17-2013, 02:21 AM   #2773
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
I guess I should have read the entire message first! This is exactly what I was looking for. I missed the part about clicking on the building...
Great, glad you found them. I toyed with the idea of including them directly in pages, but to keep the numbers relatively clear the images can be pretty big (especially for FQ and MB) so it seemed better to have them load on demand.

Andre

Old 07-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #2774
SheenaXena21
DIS Veteran

Woo hoo!!! I just got POFQ Garden View for my trip. I was originally at POR Royal Themed room, but we had to change the date. Since we had the FD pin code, there was only CBR and CSR. I chose CBR. This was the 4th time I've called to see if there were any rooms open for PO, and there was! I felt like I had won the lottery!

I've stayed at FQ once, 5 years ago. My DSis hasn't, so I'm really excited to see her reaction.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #2775
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheenaXena21 View Post
Woo hoo!!! I just got POFQ Garden View for my trip. I was originally at POR Royal Themed room, but we had to change the date. Since we had the FD pin code, there was only CBR and CSR. I chose CBR. This was the 4th time I've called to see if there were any rooms open for PO, and there was! I felt like I had won the lottery!

I've stayed at FQ once, 5 years ago. My DSis hasn't, so I'm really excited to see her reaction.

Congratulations!!! I love stories like this.

We're staying at French Quarter for the 1st time after 4 stays at Riverside so we are very excited!! Now if we can get a discount I'll be even more excited.

Enjoy your trip!!

Carla

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: