Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Eating Healthy
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #166
irishsymphony
Earning My Ears

I plan to read my way all through this thread when I get home.

Im on final day of Jason Vales 7lbs in 7 days diet, and off to Rome for the weekend but when I get home, I want to avoid falling back into my old eating habits and instead start up healthy.. Im a big fan of bread, potatoes, pasta etc!!
irishsymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:28 AM   #167
turkey1031
Mouseketeer

I decided the week of Halloween that I was going to lose 30 lbs by my June trip. Well by New Years I had already lost 20 lbs and 3 pants sizes. I still need to lose at least another 10lbs for me to be satisfied. I guess that means I should start doing some form of exercise. I'm just so lazy and unmotivated. I have learned a couple of cheats to make a healthier version of some of my favorites. Using eggplant instead of noodles for lasagna. Roasting cauliflower florets until golden for a popcorn substitute. I don't even like cauliflower but mash it up with a little garlic and it's a great substitute for mashed potatoes. I also enjoy butternut squash instead of potatoes for stews or shepards pie. I really want to get a spirooli. It can take a zucchini and turn it into spiral noodles so I can have a healthy "spaghetti" and meatballs. It also would make curly fries out of potatoes but I'm avoiding starch.
I do wish I had a house because maybe then I'd have room for a treadmill or elliptical. There's just no room in the apartment. Also not really enough room to do exercise videos properly.
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: