Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #736
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Here's a thought about lack of rooms. Lots of people are saying, even with calling, that there is a lack of rooms. It seems to me that it has been about a week since anyone has received this PIN in the mail. I am wondering if they are indeed done sending these out, which would indicate maybe that the GP offer would be sooner rather than later. Of course that won't help any late Aug people. Anyway, who can prdict Disney, they do what they want when they want.
Pirate princess 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #737
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate princess 2 View Post
Pigletto, you can't switch now. We're both at CBR that week. Are you getting nervous about something there?
. No I am sticking with it I promise!! I got an urge to check out what a split stay would cost with Animal Kingdom Lodge but I had no real intention of switching. But when I checked and saw nothing was available it made me a little nervous for the crowd levels I guess.

I like to play around on the website.. but I'm sticking with what I have. Just paid a big chunk of the balance this morning actually.

And I think you might be on to something. They strangely raised the cost of the Dining Plans just the other day too. Right in the middle of the year which they don't usually do. It indicates to me something is up but who knows what?
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #738
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
. No I am sticking with it I promise!! I got an urge to check out what a split stay would cost with Animal Kingdom Lodge but I had no real intention of switching. But when I checked and saw nothing was available it made me a little nervous for the crowd levels I guess.

I like to play around on the website.. but I'm sticking with what I have. Just paid a big chunk of the balance this morning actually.

And I think you might be on to something. They strangely raised the cost of the Dining Plans just the other day too. Right in the middle of the year which they don't usually do. It indicates to me something is up but who knows what?
I'm glad to hear it. I too would love to stay at AKL. That would be so fun.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #739
brekin67
DIS Veteran

I have decided to go ahead and book, but deleted the email last month. Does someone have the email address it came from so I can search for it? I think I got it on May 9th.
brekin67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #740
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brekin67 View Post
I have decided to go ahead and book, but deleted the email last month. Does someone have the email address it came from so I can search for it? I think I got it on May 9th.
It would be from Disney Destinations. Just call to book and they will have the PIN attached to your account.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #741
brekin67
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
It would be from Disney Destinations. Just call to book and they will have the PIN attached to your account.
Thank you.
brekin67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #742
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

The PINs aren't dead. My cousin got one today in her email. So start calling again, if you're looking for it. It is still the same. Nothing has changed on it.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #743
hbshue
Earning My Ears

Question???

I have a question about pin codes? My SIL received one. She offered to call and book my reservation for me but using my name with her address. Will this work? We have the same last name.
hbshue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #744
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbshue View Post
I have a question about pin codes? My SIL received one. She offered to call and book my reservation for me but using my name with her address. Will this work? We have the same last name.
What dates are you wanting? Most of the PIN dates for fall are being offered to the public on Aug 1. Also, they will check your ID when you check in. If the address is not the same, it could be an issue.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #745
hbshue
Earning My Ears

We are scheduled for November 30 - December 7. So, they will check my id? I don't remember them ever checking my id before when we have been there.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #746
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are scheduled for November 30 - December 7. So, they will check my id? I don't remember them ever checking my id before when we have been there.
Oh okay. Those dates are not going to be released to the public. They have always asked for a photo ID at check in the 5 times we have stayed at POP (and the two times we have stayed at ASSpo). I would just call yourself and tell them your sister got a PIN and see if they will let you use it. Some people have lucked out with CMs breaking their policy, even though they could get in trouble for doing so. Good luck!
Old 07-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #747
hbshue
Earning My Ears

We went through the website link given on the card and booked the trip with no problems. So, when we get there and the photo ID doesn't match, what will happen? They won''t let us check in? I wasn't worried about it until now...
Old 07-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #748
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Oh okay. Those dates are not going to be released to the public. They have always asked for a photo ID at check in the 5 times we have stayed at POP (and the two times we have stayed at ASSpo). I would just call yourself and tell them your sister got a PIN and see if they will let you use it. Some people have lucked out with CMs breaking their policy, even though they could get in trouble for doing so. Good luck!
I agree 100% - They always asks us for ID when we check in. I would not take the chance! - If the reservation doesn't match the ID there is a very good chance you will lose that PIN discount when you check in. Like the PP said, call ad see if they will let you transfer her PIN to you. Good luck!
Old 07-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #749
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We went through the website link given on the card and booked the trip with no problems. So, when we get there and the photo ID doesn't match, what will happen? They won''t let us check in? I wasn't worried about it until now...
You will be allowed to check in (I think) - but you may not get to keep the discount. It's definitely not a chance I would be willing to take.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #750
Mulls2013
Earning My Ears

Pin for Free Dining

Is anyone not going to use their Pin??? We are desperate for one!
Mulls2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: