Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #2731
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2taylorandemily View Post
I did that already, but fax as well? Ok, I can do that, but what do I do per say I get there and there isn't a frig available? Do I have a rental on stand-by? I am so worried about this. I know that they couldn't predict that this would happen, but this is really putting a kink into my worries that I thought I wouldn't have to worry about. This is why we have always stayed in the Mod's instead of Values because for the longest time frig's weren't available there. I feel like this is just another hurdle for me to try and get over. We are on DME and will have no rental car to get a cooler somewhere either. Oy Vey!!!
Please try not to worry (this is coming from someone who knows anxiety/worrying well). Andre said in a previous post that only about 50% of the room fridges are affected (at both POR & POFQ). So there should be plenty of refrigerators to go around, especially for those with a medical need (like your family). I can't speak for faxing the request (I'm guilty of not doing this). But I would suggest reminding the front desk when you check in that you must have a fridge for medical reasons. If in the rare event that they didn't save one for you, I truly believe they would find one for you as quickly as possible. In the meantime they can store your meds in the fridges in the storage room or another backstage area.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:21 AM   #2732
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post
Andre, what you can accomplish in 3 hours would take me at least 12! Thanks for all of your incredible attention to details that keep us easily informed both here and on portorleans.org.
You're welcome. I was going a bit number-blind by the end of it though! I had to load each individual room category for both resorts as separate calendars, and then check through every date of the year for each of them. If anyone wants to double-check me in case I made any mistakes, please feel free...

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Quick question would a double/ full air matress fit or would I better off with a single air matress for the room and where do most people put them?
Probably not, I'd stick with a single sized mattress, which fits nicely beside the beds.

Quote:
I have a DH and DD with a few medical related issues and I called Reservations yesterday as soon as the news broke about having a refrigerator available for me if possible. DD has struggles with Epilepsy (gran mal seizures) and blood sugar issues, so it is imperative that I be able to keep a refrigerator with cheese, crackers, peanut butter, fresh fruit and a few other items so her sugar doesn't drop too low and then she have a seizure.
I would either contact the resort directly by phone or fax, or call the WDW Special Assistance line. If you do call the resort, your call will be answered initially by a central WDW call center, so you need to ask them to transfer you directly to the room assignment team at the resort. Whichever, make sure they are aware of your situation in advance of your arrival.

There are still some rooms with normal fridges available anyway, and they will have a list of those - plus they have a small emergency stock which they can use for situations such as yours. Medical needs will be given priority over general requests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddisney502 View Post
Andre said in a previous post that only about 50% of the room fridges are affected (at both POR & POFQ).
The 50% figure was for Riverside. Rather more rooms than that are affected at French Quarter I'm afraid, but still not all rooms.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 07-13-2013 at 04:54 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2013, 05:11 AM   #2733
cmjensen
Earning My Ears

Hey Andre,

I absolutely love your website and appreciate all the hard work you put into it. I have found so much valuable information and without it I would be so lost for my first trip to POFQ. I do have a question though. Do you have somewhere on each of your pages that shows the last time you updated the info? If so, I can't find it. If not, it might be helpful for people to know how up to date the info is.

Thanks again for all you do.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:49 AM   #2734
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
The 50% figure was for Riverside. Rather more rooms than that are affected at French Quarter I'm afraid, but still not all rooms.
Ah, ok. Thanks for clarifying. Still good news that it's not as bad as many originally thought.

On another note, I really love the new lobby! It looks more comfortable and classy. I wasn't a fan of the original design, so definitely an upgrade.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:05 AM   #2735
Martyap
Mouseketeer

Refrigerator?????

We arrive at PORFQ on 7/28. We have three rooms.
Have only skimmed this great board so I'm happy to hear the new lobby is up and running. I'm a little confused about refrigerators....I thought every room had a fridge.....not true???????

Thanks
Karen
Old 07-13-2013, 08:35 AM   #2736
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjensen View Post
Hey Andre,

I absolutely love your website and appreciate all the hard work you put into it. I have found so much valuable information and without it I would be so lost for my first trip to POFQ. I do have a question though. Do you have somewhere on each of your pages that shows the last time you updated the info? If so, I can't find it. If not, it might be helpful for people to know how up to date the info is.
I do on pricing/menu/etc pages, but not on the general info pages as they don't tend to change much.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 07-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #2737
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

I should hopefully have some pics I can upload later today. It looks very nice by the way, basically a lovely new patterned tiled floor but which looks perfectly in keeping with rest of the room, and the desks very similar to those at POR (dark wood, two-person pod style, so CMs can come out to interact with guests). The lovely backdrop behind the main desk area remains, as do the paintings, but on the sad side, the music notes are gone. There's also new carpet and sofas in the TV area, and new queue stanchions.

Andre
Andre, I looked for the music notes in April and did not see them. They may have already been gone. I was going to challenge my dh to figure out the song but the notes weren't there.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #2738
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

http://www.portorleans.org/images/ga...0007_forum.jpg

Is that a hidden camera?
Old 07-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #2739
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Well there are cameras lcoated all around the lobby areas (e.g. so office staff know when they need help to manage the queues) but that one looks more like a sprinkler to me.

Andre

Old 07-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #2740
kiddisney
DIS Veteran

hi - got back from pofq last sunday - and we actually had a new fridge in the room - tape still on the shelves - i'm thinking that this is not a new issue and that disney started replacing them and now that they're doing it on a larger scale it got to the press - it's such a quick switch - just a supply problem

wdw: '83,'85-'86,'88-'89,'91-'93,'95,'97-'99,'02-'03, '05-'06, '08 -'14 (30 visits & counting - 10 trips in 13 months to visit dd: wdw imagineering intern & ds: wdw cp)
dl: '82,'87,'95
dcl: '98,'99,'00,'02,'03,'04 ... '11,'12,'14 (dbl dips gives us platinum)

Old 07-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #2741
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

OK, because it's quiet and a bit too hot to be outside at the moment (in the UK, shock horror, same daytime high as Orlando today!)... or just because I've got far too much time on my hands ... I just generated the following from the raw rack rate data:

I can't figure out why in 'Peak' season (e.g. mid-March to mid-April) King Bed rooms (gray) are priced about $20 higher than even River View (blue), unlike any other part of the year where King and Pool show as the same price (the gray line for King is mostly hidden behind the orange line for Pool).

Andre

Last edited by andrewilley; 07-13-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #2742
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyap View Post
We arrive at PORFQ on 7/28. We have three rooms.
Have only skimmed this great board so I'm happy to hear the new lobby is up and running. I'm a little confused about refrigerators....I thought every room had a fridge.....not true???????

Thanks
Karen
Check post #2696.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #2743
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

The lobby photos look lovely...we were at POFQ in mid-June during temporary lobby and I guess I will just have to go back again to see the finished product!

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
Old 07-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #2744
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

After 4 stays at Riverside I booked our first ever stay at French Quarter yesterday. I am really looking forward to the small size of the resort and to having only one bus stop.
This also looks like it's going to be our first ever trip without our boys. We have gone every year since they were born and at least one of them has always gone but after much discussion they have both opted out for next year. They are 23 and 20 now so we knew this "day" was coming.
It's going to be different without them but husband and I both love Disney World so we must carry on!!

Carla
Old 07-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #2745
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Ok, I hate to bring up a the Refrigerator debacle, but I have a question and Andre, you seem to be the Answer Guy for POFQ and POR. I have a DH and DD with a few medical related issues and I called Reservations yesterday as soon as the news broke about having a refrigerator available for me if possible. DD has struggles with Epilepsy (gran mal seizures) and blood sugar issues, so it is imperative that I be able to keep a refrigerator with cheese, crackers, peanut butter, fresh fruit and a few other items so her sugar doesn't drop too low and then she have a seizure. When I called the young lady I spoke to said if it was available, it would be a beverage cooler type refrig. But now I'm reading on so many threads how it is a small medical cooler type thing that is used to house injectable medication. If this is the case, this just isn't going to do. Do I need to go on and rent a small dorm type refrigerator to have brought in or should I see what happens. We will only be there for 7 nights, but I just don't want to run into any issues especially with her walking in the parks all day long and trying to adjust her sugar. Does anyone have any advice? I just don't know what to do, I've been back and forth on this all day, and DH says just wait and see what happens. But I'm a planner and I like to have all my ducks in a row, KWIM. Help.....anyone.
I would contact the Guests with Special Needs line, which Andre referenced. The phone number is (407) 824-4321, rather than the general Reservations line. They should be able to allay your fears.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: