Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #2701
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfairyy2180 View Post
Do they have ice machine in each floor
Yes, more than one per floor for the POR mansions in fact.

The locations are given in my floorplan maps, but the POFQ ice machines are next to the elevators on each floor.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 07-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #2702
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
We just spent 5 days in the real French Quarter, looking forward to Disney's version.
It smells better!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #2703
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
We just spent 5 days in the real French Quarter, looking forward to Disney's version.
That is very cool! I hope you will write a trip report and compare the two. Obviously, in reality, there is very little comparison, however, in your view did Disney get the ambiance or "spirit" of the French Quarter? I will look foward to your observations after your POFQ stay!

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Old 07-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #2704
pbennett81178
Earning My Ears

My family stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter in Feb 2012 and we loved it. Since it was the off season, they were doing renovations, but we didn't let that get us down. We're from the New Orleans area and thought it would be cool to see how they incorporated the New Orleans feel. It was magical, to say the least
Old 07-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #2705
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Yes, unfortunately it's quite true. News only broke yesterday so information is a bit scarce, but the situation is expected to last for several months while new fridges are sourced and installed property-wide. See http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3138895 for the latest info (if you can find it between all the waily-waily despairing teeth-gnashing posts anyway )

Andre
Quote:
I don't think so, no. They need to remove (or disable) fridges from most rooms, depending on what type of fridge was installed. This won't be done while a current guest is still using them, but will be carried out between guests. So within a week or so, most rooms will no longer have working fridges until replacements can be sourced and installed.

They do have a few spares, and will prioritise getting fridges to guests who have medical needs for them.

Andre
For obsessive folks like me, Andre, could you be so kind as to add a note about the resort room refrigerator issue to the first page of this (& future) threads up through the time that replacements have been installed? It would be so helpful. 2 of my DHs medicines need to be kept refrigerated. They are tiny bottles which I manage to keep cold during air travel with the use of small ice packs (we have a much shorter flight to MCO than you do). Lots, as in almost everyone, will sure miss having them while they are gone.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #2706
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post
For obsessive folks like me, Andre, could you be so kind as to add a note about the resort room refrigerator issue to the first page of this (& future) threads up through the time that replacements have been installed? It would be so helpful. 2 of my DHs medicines need to be kept refrigerated. They are tiny bottles which I manage to keep cold during air travel with the use of small ice packs (we have a much shorter flight to MCO than you do). Lots, as in almost everyone, will sure miss having them while they are gone.
Good idea, and I don't know if you saw earlier in this discussion, but you can request a refrigerator for medical reasons. They will have a limited supply for this purpose. Call before you go and put it in a fax request 5 or so days before arrival. Have a great trip!

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Old 07-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #2707
Helsie
Earning My Ears

We are currently having a fabulous time here at POFQ, especially loving the movies and marsh mallows! Only little gripe is buses round riverside coming home from DTD if boat not available.
Returned today to find new registration lobby all open: looks lovely.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #2708
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helsie View Post
We are currently having a fabulous time here at POFQ, especially loving the movies and marsh mallows! Only little gripe is buses round riverside coming home from DTD if boat not available.
Returned today to find new registration lobby all open: looks lovely.
Glad to hear you are enjoying your trip. Please take pics of the new lobby! TIA!

Old 07-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #2709
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80 View Post
Howdy neighbor! We booked today and my family is also staying at POFQ next November, it's our second time at the resort and I can tell you right now you're gonna LOVE IT!
Howdy! Congrats on booking your trip! I just love all this planning.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #2710
Helsie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkPirateMom View Post

Glad to hear you are enjoying your trip. Please take pics of the new lobby! TIA!
Have taken some but where can I find how to post them!
Old 07-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #2711
Helsie
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Have taken some but where do I find how to post them?
Old 07-12-2013, 01:01 AM   #2712
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helsie View Post
Have taken some but where do I find how to post them?
You need to upload your photos to a photo sharing site like photobucket or flickr. Then post the link to the photo in your DIS post.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:25 AM   #2713
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post
For obsessive folks like me, Andre, could you be so kind as to add a note about the resort room refrigerator issue to the first page of this (& future) threads up through the time that replacements have been installed?
Good idea, I'll do that later. The room inventory survey is now complete, and not all rooms are affected, so requesting a fridge (even for non-medical reasons) might well get you one. I don't think this is going to be quite as big of a deal as people feared.

Quote:
I should hopefully have some pics I can upload later today. It looks very nice by the way, basically a lovely new patterned tiled floor but which looks perfectly in keeping with rest of the room, and the desks very similar to those at POR (dark wood, two-person pod style, so CMs can come out to interact with guests). The lovely backdrop behind the main desk area remains, as do the paintings, but on the sad side, the music notes are gone. There's also new carpet and sofas in the TV area, and new queue stanchions.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 07-12-2013 at 03:48 AM.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:06 AM   #2714
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

Quote:

Good idea, I'll do that later. The room inventory survey is now complete, and not all rooms are affected, so requesting a fridge (even for non-medical reasons) might well get you one. I don't think this is going to be quite as big of a deal as people feared.
That's great news! Thanks for looking into this . Should we put this request on our reservations, just like other room requests (floor, close to, etc)?
Old 07-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #2715
Helsie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddisney502 View Post

You need to upload your photos to a photo sharing site like photobucket or flickr. Then post the link to the photo in your DIS post.

Hope I've done this right!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: