Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #31
mindylee847
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the well wishes jerseytinkerbell! We had a wonderful trip despite the insane crowds!!

I'll be starting up with my first review tomorrow night. Lots of things to catch up on here at home before the work week starts!

Avid Disney goer since March 2005

mindylee847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #32
mindylee847
Mouseketeer

Alright, everyone! Let the report begin!

So, the first report may not be all that exciting since it's just our airport food... which wasn't even so much food! We come from Milwaukee, WI so we chose to fly right out of Mitchell International. We were up at 1:30 am to catch our 5:30 am flight. Before heading to the airport we quick threw some waffles from Trader Joe's into the toaster oven... which explains why we didn't get that much from the airport.

We stopped off at a cafe called French Meadow. It's located after security in the C Concourse. They specialize in organic coffee. It tastes kind of weird and alright, it tastes gross to people who aren't used to it. My husband and I get the organic grind from Trader Joe's.

So anyway, here is the menu!

I ordered the Vanilla Agave Latte. I still don't think I know how to pronounce "agave" correctly! I really liked it. It wasn't too sweet and had just the right amount of vanilla to it. My husband ordered the Caramel Sea Latte. He absolutely loved it. He's big into caramel. I tried a sip and it just was far too sweet for me in the morning. We also both picked up a banana. I know - exciting!

There's a picture... you know... in case you didn't know what a banana looked like!

While hanging out in the cafe - my husband found this picture that he instantly shared on Twitter to Jodie Foster.

Then we were flying high and on our way to the happiest place in the world!

We were upgraded to first class on the way there so we got to choose from a basket what we wanted to eat. Mike had Cheese Nips and I had some ginger cookies. I forgot to take a pic, but it's not Disney food. I think you all know what Cheese Nips look like anyways.

I will try and post some Disney food tonight - if not, it will definitely be up tomorrow night! I'll give you a hint...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #33
mindylee847
Mouseketeer

Biergarten Lunch

It was super rainy when we arrived at EPCOT for our lunch reservation at Biergarten. We had reservations set for 3 PM that day but we were far ahead of schedule and bumped it up to 1:30. There were plenty of spots open for the whole day. We used the My Experience app for the iPhone to set up almost all of our dining reservations. I think it was a fantastic tool and worked 98% of the time for me.

My husband was very excited about eating here. Once he heard that he could have as much pretzel bread as he wanted and they had beer, he was all in.

Here's the buzzer.

Now, I had read about the seating and I was all for it. I love talking to other guests and hearing about their trip and their home. Turns out, the other people that we were seated with were not aware of this. It was a couple with a child of about the age of 2. My husband and I tried to engage them in conversation but we only got a few "yes", "no", and grunts for answers. Their son probably did most of the talking to be honest. So when we ordered our beer flight... oh my. It was as if we were the worst people. I could understand maybe if we were drinking around the world and just kids doing our own thing. But we were honestly just sharing a flight of beer for taste. Not to get drunk. I was offended by the looks. Luckily the show started up and it was a bit less awkward.

But anywaysss... I took a few pictures of the buffet but I was kind of over all the weird looks and I was exhausted... so I'm very sorry, but here's the two I managed. These are both from the cold buffet area. I tried each of the salads: the bean, cucumber, potato, tomato... it was all delicious!

Here is my first plate. From what I can remember, it consisted of: pretzel bread, bean salad, pork schnizel, german sausage, tomato salad, a pickle, and potato salad. To the side you can see my creamy asparagus soup. OH. MY. GOODNESS. This was my favorite part of the meal! I must have gotten three bowls of it. I'll need to find the recipe to recreate it. Absolutely, the best. The pretzel bread and salads were delicious. I took one bite of pork and sausage and passed those on to my husband. I'm not so much a meat person. He absolutely LOVED the sausage and sauerkraut. (Sorry that the plate pics are a bit dark. I tried to brighten them up but it is just so darn dark in that restaurant.)

Here is his plate. He loved the bread and sausage. He talked about the sausage until our next meal!

Here is the beer flight. It was only $10 for four pours and 5 ounces each. From left to right we have: Hovels, Schofferhofer Weizen, Altenmunster Oktoberfest, and Radeberger Pilsner. Mike and I both agreed that Hovels was our favorite.

The show was amazing. It was kind of short, but I loved hearing all of the different instruments and it was just so fun! Too bad we weren't with a more lively table.

Here is my dessert plate. It had vanilla pudding, black forest cake, and apple strudel. I'm not sure why I grabbed the pudding... it wasn't anything special. But the apple strudel was tasty and ohhhhhhhh man, have the black forest cake. I'm not so much a cherry person - but I loved it! (On a sidenote, you can see the glasses they use in this cup. I think they are so adorable!)

And here's Mike, he's so full!

Overall, I thought Biergarten was great! However - next time I would go with at least 4 extra people so that I know I'll have a good time. I was really looking forward to a fun Disney conversation on our arrival day, but it truly fell short and just became awkward. Our server was great and very attentive for being at a buffet. She could sense the tension, though, so she wasn't as conversational and held a bit back.

Coming up - our night was spent at Magic Kingdom! So you'll be seeing something from there!

Old 07-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #34
daisymomof4
Mouseketeer

Glad the food was good despite the awkward company! How can someone go to a place called Biergarten and feel offended by beer? I don't get that one, lol. Biergarten is on our list for October, I'm so looking forward to it

Thanks for the update, and the pretty cloud photo from your flight!
daisymomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #35
Kaykool101
Mouseketeer

Joining in.

Can't wait to hear more about the food.

Biergarten sounds nice. Sorry you had such poor company.

kaykool101

Double Double Disney Trouble - Sept. 2013 PTR
Kaykool101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #36
mindylee847
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymomof4 View Post
Glad the food was good despite the awkward company! How can someone go to a place called Biergarten and feel offended by beer? I don't get that one, lol. Biergarten is on our list for October, I'm so looking forward to it

Thanks for the update, and the pretty cloud photo from your flight!

The beer thing really threw us off! It's like these people don't stalk the DIS boards or something and know exactly what they are getting into.

I think you will truly enjoy Biergarten! It was a great atmosphere and everything was wonderful! Have the soup!!

Old 07-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #37
mindylee847
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaykool101 View Post
Joining in.

Can't wait to hear more about the food.

Biergarten sounds nice. Sorry you had such poor company.

Welcome, Kaykool101! And even though their spirits were a bit dampened (perhaps literally by all the rain) it couldn't bring us down! We were in Disney!

Old 07-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #38
bostonminnie
Mouseketeer

I am not a fan of meat either so I look forward to your reviews!

bostonminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #39
mindylee847
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonminnie View Post
I am not a fan of meat either so I look forward to your reviews!
Hello bostonminnie!

I notice that you started a ticker super in advance, too.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #40
bostonminnie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindylee847 View Post
Hello bostonminnie!

I notice that you started a ticker super in advance, too.
Haha, yup! We just got back from our trip on 6/25. Planning the next trip helps combat the "post-Disney depression"

bostonminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #41
mindylee847
Mouseketeer

I may be a fool, but I'm no LeFou

Hello!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Wednesday!

After Biergarten, we ended up riding Spaceship Earth behind the most annoying flash photographer EVER... and then went back to the resort for a nap. I couldn't sleep even though I had been up since 1:30 am central time and it was already around 3 in Orlando. I was far too excited, because I knew what my eyes would soon fall upon.

I could just sit and stare at that castle all day and night.

After riding Haunted Mansion, we walked through the new Fantasyland areas. Wow. I couldn't be more impressed! Rapunzel is in my top three favorite princesses... Rapunzel, Ariel, and Merida are all kinda tied for first in my book. Anyways, I couldn't help but fall in love with the... restrooms?!? Seriously, these restrooms are probably my second favorite spot in all of Magic Kingdom now! (Next to the castle of course.)

Alrighty - back to the food! (Odd I suppose to follow up a bathroom with food... )

This is where we ended up!

We had to get our hands on Disney's counter to Butterbeer, LeFou's Brew. Now, I knew this would be a hard sell for us from the get go. We're big into Harry Potter and I love my Butterbeer SO much. To give you an idea: My brother bothered a bee while we were at IOA in front of Hogwarts. The bee flew under my leg and stung me - first ever bee sting. I screamed and cried and then realized that someone had moved my Butterbeer. The first coherent words that came out of my mouth were "Where is my Butterbeer?!" So when I heard that Disney had come up with something, I was pretty biased and thought it could never match up...

Now I want you to know that my husband only looks so upset because I told him to wait til I took a picture! This was even before tasting it.

LeFou's Brew is "frozen apple juice with a hint of toasted marshmallow and topped with all-natural passion fruit-mango foam". It's available in souvenir goblet cups or just plain old plastic cups for half the price.

My husband and I both agreed that it was good and it would be GREAT for any apple lover. I like apples and all, and this was great for the warmer weather... but it didn't match up to Butterbeer for either of us. I don't know if I'd go out of my way to pick one up, but I wouldn't refuse to drink one.

I was very impressed with the tavern though! Antlers were truly used in all of the decorating! We must have went at just the right time too, because the place was empty! We snagged our drink right away and had a table right in front of the fireplace.

There's still more to come from our night at Magic Kingdom! Hold on tight!

Old 07-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #42
TokyoSunrise
Earning My Ears

Love your enthusiasm!! Can't wait to read more.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #43
mindylee847
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSunrise View Post
Love your enthusiasm!! Can't wait to read more.
Hi TokyoSunrise! Welcome to my report! And I can't help but be enthused when I talk about Disney.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #44
FancyNancy
Princess

Enjoying your dining review and subbing in!

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #45
mindylee847
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
Enjoying your dining review and subbing in!
Hello FancyNancy and welcome to the report!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: