Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #31
jaiminee krikit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by singsweetnightingale View Post
Hello there! I'm Sarah!

I was wondering, does anyone ever make you feel guilty or lame for wanting to go to a Disney park by yourself?
Yes!!! Drives me crazy! I waited a while to tell family and friends I was going by myself and almost every response I get is "By yourself?! Why?!?" with a disgusted look on their faces.

My daughter goes away with her father's (my ex's) parents for a week every summer and I am sad and lonely when she's gone. Well, when we got the pin in the mail for a discounted trip, I jokingly asked my husband if I could go while she was away. I mean, how can I be sad and lonely at WDW right?! Much to my surprise he said yes! He told me to get him the cost and we'll discuss it and after not much convincing, he said "Book it!" I still can't believe it.
Every trip, I try to make everyone else happy. This trip is about me! I get to eat where I want, sleep when I want, get up as early as I want, stay as late as I want, and I can't wait! When I tell people this, they just think I'm nuts. My daughter and husband are not very adventurous eaters, and there are a few places at Disney that I would love to try, this is my chance. And, I can't wait to not have to wait for everyone else to get ready in the morning! I get so impatient in the mornings because I want to get my Disney Day started!
Don't get me wrong, I love traveling (especially to WDW) with my family, but I am so looking forward to it. And I'm done having to explain to people why. All you other Disers understand! Right?! I feel a little better now, thank you!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #32
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Lt year we went with our sons and their gf's and met up with my sister's family. There were 11 of us. It was a great trip and we loved it but we missed some things. Dh and I are the early risers in the family but we missed getting to the parks when they opened. We never made it even one day because we were always waiting for someone.

When I got three pins and one snail mail pin we talked it over and dh said book it. This trip is just for us. We have not told anyone where we are going to celebrate dh's retirement and our 35th wedding anniversary. We will tell our sons as we get closer.

Go For It
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #33
momm2four
We all have those little "skeletons" in our closets, don't we?

I am very social, but I do love my time to myself as well. We had four sons in five years and as selfish as some people may think of it as being, I have always cut out time to go get a cup of coffee or walk the mall.

Now that they are older, I have made a last minute decision to go to Disney week after next. Bought a 10 day no expiration park hopper earlier when I heard they were being discontinued, got a great deal at POP century, so IT'S ON!!!!

Walking around looking at things on my own time, riding what I want to ride, eating what I want to eat...what's not to love???

The next time someone questions you, just tell them that you are interesting enough to not need someone to entertain you.

Lori P.

WDW Oct. '02 HIFS DCL Wonder Oct '05 WDW Oct. 05 PORDCL Magic Oct '08WDW Oct. 08 Nick HotelUniversal Bonnet Creek Resort '10WDW/Universal Bonnet Creek Resort '12DCL Fantasy June '12
momm2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #34
xxpiratestevexx
Earning My Ears

Hey Singsweetnightingale yeah I agree with everyone else on here, you should go for it and go on your own to Disney, I've spoke to a couple of cast members who I know at Disneyworld from my last trip there when. I went with my dad and they both said I should go on my own, I really want to go to Disneyworld again this year but I haven't got anyone to go with, I asked my friends but they just laugh when I say I want to go to Disney !! They don't understand how Awesome it is there and there's loads to do, I've had an amazing time everytime I've been but this will be my first time going solo, I'm planning on going in November December sometime, I want to tie it in with my birthday on the 12th December :-)
Yeah start planning your trip and go for it, you only live once and you'll make loads of friends once your there, plus there's lots of people on this board you could meet up with to, I've only just joined this site and see that there's lots of meet ups at Disney :-)

Steve :-)
xxpiratestevexx is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: