Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 01:38 AM   #151
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer
 
charliegirl76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 278

Now, I'm sure I'm going to forget something, but here are some things I've been thinking about and working on....

In keeping with the rock theme, we decided to name the tables after bands. What I'd like to do is find a band logo for the bands we choose and have those printed for the table name cards....I'll probably go through Impressions. After the reception, I'll most likely keep these and incorporate them into a piece of art.....by the time we have a house, we won't need to buy anything for the walls. So here are just a few of the band logos I've found online. I wanted to have some newer bands too....

DF favorite band:


My favorite band:


DF wants this one for his mom, but I'm just not sure:


"Something old":


"Something new":


And you can't mention music without thinking of these guys:


All are colorful (except The Cure, which I may be able to do something with) and are in line with the theme. I'm just not sure I want the KC and the Sunshine Band....it seems a little cheesy, but for DF and his mom, why not...I guess?

The guest book. I wanted to do something different. Something I wouldn't just toss in a closet and never look at again. So I decided I wanted to paint a design on a canvas and have everyone sign it. I drew out four designs, and, of those, (with the help of others, including DF, co-workers, and the Disbrides Facebook group) I narrowed it down to two designs:




Everyone loves the carriage. So that was what we decided to go with. I knew it wouldn't look exactly like the sketch. Obviously, the canvas is a lot larger, but this paper is to scale. The actual drawing is not freehand, I'm far too out of practice to do all of that...these are stencils. So, if I were to do the stenciling on a canvas, there would have to be adjustments. First, I never intended to paint in confetti. My thought was to add multi-color glitter to a medium and paint it on in a thin coating so it would be subtle in the background. Second, I would carry the bottom design element up the sides and across the top to meet the design on the top of the drawing. Third, I would change the wheels of the carriage to look more fantasy-like and move it to one of the lower corners. This way people can use the negative space to write. Part of why I threw out the other two designs was because there would have been a lot of painted area and I was afraid no one would want to sign over the paint for fear of ruining the painting....moving the carriage to the bottom would allow plenty of empty space for people to sign.

And so I began. I got glitter, mixed it with the medium and started painting it onto the canvas. I got the perfect amount on and let it dry. That day DF was called in for work. So he left and I was left staring at the canvas. Thinking. This is never good. I get to thinking and then I called my mom. We discussed the project. What I kept thinking about was this....do I really want a piece of art that looks like someone wrote all over it? The other thing that kept sticking in my head was what a co-worker said to me when I was asking for ideas and opinions on what I could do. She said, "Oh, you could do music notes 'Love Notes'!" I told her I'd thought about doing that before. So I did the drawing above and when I showed it to her she said, "Oh, I love this! When people sign it, it will look like a song!" The more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea of the painting looking like it was a song written out. And I knew I would need a sign letting people know it was ok to write on it. I kept telling my mom, "I just don't think I want something people look at and think someone ruined the painting. I think if I do the notes, people will write on the lines and it will look like a piece of art from far away. Then I can make a sign that says something like, 'Sign our guest book and help turn our Love Notes into a Love Song'." She loved this idea....though, she pretty much loves all of my ideas, she's my mom. I talked to DF when he came home and he said he liked that idea. He asked, as usual, the obvious and important questions....

DF: Are you still going to use that canvas?
Me: Yes.
DF: Ok. What will people use to sign it?
Me: I was thinking sharpie markers.
DF: The regular, or the fine tip?
Me: I'm not sure, probably fine tip will be good.
DF: Will it show up with the glitter?
Me: Hmm, I don't know, but we have one of each, let's try.

I had tested the glitter in medium on a piece of paper. So he tries the regular sharpie on the paper. Let me tell you, the regular looks terrible, especially since I was worried about the messages standing out and over powering the painting. Fine tip it is! He tries the fine tip. It was bad too, not because the marker looked bad, but because it was extremely difficult to write on over the glitter. Uh, oh. Then I had another idea! Here's what I did:



I turned it into a piece of art and bought a new canvas!! I haven't painted the music notes on it yet. I'll be sure to take pictures and post after that's done.

Now, on to bridesmaids' gifts. I still need to buy my bridesmaid her hoodie and hanger, and I need to get boxes or something for their necklaces, but I did manage to get these to put everything in. I'm going to add some tissue and place the gifts in these:

MOH:



Bridesmaid:



I also got our necklaces back from the bead shop!! I need to do a few tweaks to mine. It's a little longer than I'd like, so I'm going to wire up some of the strands. This will also give it the messier look I want. The other thing I need to do is secure the skull a little more. Right now it's falling forward. The girls' are similar. They have similar, but different, bead strands and their guitars are different from each other.

MOH:


Bridesmaid:


Mine (sorry, it's a little blurry):


Ok, that's it for now. I'll post photos of the guest book and necklace when they're finished! And, of course, the BEO when I get that too.
__________________
charliegirl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:58 AM   #152
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran
 
LittleKittyMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 881

I had to open two windows so I could do a side by side comparison of the ADRs! It's great that you got most of the reservations you wanted. Everything seems pretty close to the times and places you wanted, or places that were pretty similar. I hope you are going to do some reviews because I've never to been to a bunch of these restaurants, probably half of them actually! Surprised to hear that there was no availability for Garden Grill, I didn't realize it was such a popular choice. And also too bad about California Grill, but awesome that you guys already have your next trip in the works so you can get those ADRs in then! I love you're going to MVMCP twice (also super jealous!) and that you guys have the Luau in there for your rehearsal! Fantastic! And I love, love all the character dining! Such fun!

I love the table names, the rock bands are such a perfect idea. I think it's hilarious that your FMIL wants KC and the Sunshine band. At least the logo really fits the colour theme, even if their music is not thematically compatible with your other band choices. I even think it's kind of cool that The Cure logo has no colour.

I really like the guest book idea. The guests signing and the words forming to look like a song, that is such an ingenious way of looking at it! It's so perfect. Also, good thing you guys tested out the markers! I don't think I would have thought of that....

And I think I've said this about five times, but I have to say it again, I love how the necklaces have come out! The charms are awesome, and they look really stunning on! Especially the one for you, it's so unique and gorgeous!

Fingers crossed you get your BEO soon! Aside from waiting to get your date confirmed, I'd say waiting for the BEO is the worst part about planning a Disney wedding.
__________________
Nicole DH
I walked with you once upon a dream || Disney Wedding PJ & TR
1992 WDW: Off-site | 2008 WDW: WL | 2009 DLRP | 2010 DCL: Magic Dover to Barcelona | 2011 WDW: AKL & DCL: Dream 4-Night | 2012 WDW: CB | 2013 WDW: OKW
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM

Last edited by LittleKittyMarie; 06-24-2013 at 11:38 AM.
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #153
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran
 
Lorelei528's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 2,089

Just a quickie response from me...

First of all, add to the list of possbilities...HS on the 5th. We are there that day too! Hopefully from park opening to about 5ish. (dinner at Artist Point that night).

As far as Cali Grill goes, they haven't opened ressies yet for after ther refurb. There is a thread here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3089465

I suggest you subscribe, I have because I want to book Cali Grill for 12/6...

The table names are AWSOME!!!! There are loads of CURE graphics that are more colorful....did you know that DH and I saw The Cure the night we got married at city hall in NYC? I had seen them before back in the 80's but he had not. One of the things that brought us together when we were dating was that he owned my fave Cure album on vinyl (Head on the Door) when I met him and his fave song ON that album is the same as mine! (Push)

I love the necklaces and think they are completely FAB!!!! I really can't wait to see how everything will come together!!!
__________________
May 1 2009 SBP/Wine Room@Jiko/Morocco
Our Disney Wedding/Disneymoon PJ/TR Our Disney Wedding/Disneymoon PJ/TR

Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #154
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer
 
charliegirl76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 278

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
I had to open two windows so I could do a side by side comparison of the ADRs! It's great that you got most of the reservations you wanted. Everything seems pretty close to the times and places you wanted, or places that were pretty similar. I hope you are going to do some reviews because I've never to been to a bunch of these restaurants, probably half of them actually! Surprised to hear that there was no availability for Garden Grill, I didn't realize it was such a popular choice. And also too bad about California Grill, but awesome that you guys already have your next trip in the works so you can get those ADRs in then! I love you're going to MVMCP twice (also super jealous!) and that you guys have the Luau in there for your rehearsal! Fantastic! And I love, love all the character dining! Such fun!

I love the table names, the rock bands are such a perfect idea. I think it's hilarious that your FMIL wants KC and the Sunshine band. At least the logo really fits the colour theme, even if their music is not thematically compatible with your other band choices. I even think it's kind of cool that The Cure logo has no colour.

I really like the guest book idea. The guests signing and the words forming to look like a song, that is such an ingenious way of looking at it! It's so perfect. Also, good thing you guys tested out the markers! I don't think I would have thought of that....

And I think I've said this about five times, but I have to say it again, I love how the necklaces have come out! The charms are awesome, and they look really stunning on! Especially the one for you, it's so unique and gorgeous!

Fingers crossed you get your BEO soon! Aside from waiting to get your date confirmed, I'd say waiting for the BEO is the worst part about planning a Disney wedding.
That you opened two windows to compare ADRs. That's something I would do. I really am happy with how it turned out and DF is really excited. Sadly, his parents are not as excited. They said their plan is to go to the store and eat in the hotel room. Womp, womp. Oh well, I'm still going to have a great time, and so will DF! I'll do reviews, especially of the restaurants I've never been to before. So, Garden Grill was another disappointment for me...I've never been, but Chip 'n' Dale are DF's favorite. I wanted to book this as a little surprise for him. Unfortunately, it's under renovation and they haven't opened the reservations. I'll probably just save that and California Grill for our next trip (like Lorelei said, California Grill isn't open for reservations quite yet). I don't think DF has any idea the amount of character dining we'll be doing.

Thanks! I love the table names too. You're right about KC...I know DF wants it because we took his mom to see them when she came for a visit and we went to the Texas State Fair. It was fun. I was just hoping to have another more modern band, since right now I feel like the "older" bands outweigh the "newer" bands.

I must confess that I'm a little intimidated to begin the guest book painting. All the curvy lines....especially the treble clef. DF's father and brother are both musicians, I want to make them proud. I'll just need to practice before I actually begin on the canvas.

Thank you! Those necklaces were a labor of love, for sure! I'm ecstatic with how they turned out. The ladies at the bead shop asked if I would bring them photos when we got them back so they could display them in their shop.

I have to agree with you, confirming the date and the wait for the BEO, I think it's a toss up on which is worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei528 View Post
Just a quickie response from me...

First of all, add to the list of possbilities...HS on the 5th. We are there that day too! Hopefully from park opening to about 5ish. (dinner at Artist Point that night).

As far as Cali Grill goes, they haven't opened ressies yet for after ther refurb. There is a thread here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3089465

I suggest you subscribe, I have because I want to book Cali Grill for 12/6...

The table names are AWSOME!!!! There are loads of CURE graphics that are more colorful....did you know that DH and I saw The Cure the night we got married at city hall in NYC? I had seen them before back in the 80's but he had not. One of the things that brought us together when we were dating was that he owned my fave Cure album on vinyl (Head on the Door) when I met him and his fave song ON that album is the same as mine! (Push)

I love the necklaces and think they are completely FAB!!!! I really can't wait to see how everything will come together!!!
Yay, HS on the 5th! We will definitely be there all day too! I think we're just going to skip California Grill this time, our only open day would be the 3rd. We don't mind waiting until our next trip, especially since we're thinking about going in October for the Disbride meet up.

Thank you! I needed something else to bring the rock theme to the reception. I did see several logos for The Cure that have more color, but I specifically like the font on this one. It's what they were using when I first started listening to them and I used to draw it all over the place. I didn't know you guys saw them on your wedding day! That would be heaven for me, unfortunately, they are one of the few bands I have mad love for that I've never been able to see. I keep watching for them to come back to Dallas, or really, I'd be willing to travel. I just *need* to sit as close to Robert Smith as possible! He and Johnny Depp are my longest running celebrity crushes. I used to have Head on the Door on cassette, I'm sure my brother has it on vinyl. Anyway, one of his girlfriends bought it for me when she found out I loved them and didn't have that album yet. I ended up replacing the cassette with a CD. Did you see we are using one of their songs for our ceremony? DF puts up with a lot including my crazy music taste, The Cure, Madonna, *NSYNC, Eminem.....it's really eclectic.

Thanks, I just hope the girls love theirs just a fraction of how much I love mine.
__________________
charliegirl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #155
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran
 
Lorelei528's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 2,089

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegirl76 View Post
Yay, HS on the 5th! We will definitely be there all day too! I think we're just going to skip California Grill this time, our only open day would be the 3rd. We don't mind waiting until our next trip, especially since we're thinking about going in October for the Disbride meet up.

Thank you! I needed something else to bring the rock theme to the reception. I did see several logos for The Cure that have more color, but I specifically like the font on this one. It's what they were using when I first started listening to them and I used to draw it all over the place. I didn't know you guys saw them on your wedding day! That would be heaven for me, unfortunately, they are one of the few bands I have mad love for that I've never been able to see. I keep watching for them to come back to Dallas, or really, I'd be willing to travel. I just *need* to sit as close to Robert Smith as possible! He and Johnny Depp are my longest running celebrity crushes. I used to have Head on the Door on cassette, I'm sure my brother has it on vinyl. Anyway, one of his girlfriends bought it for me when she found out I loved them and didn't have that album yet. I ended up replacing the cassette with a CD. Did you see we are using one of their songs for our ceremony? DF puts up with a lot including my crazy music taste, The Cure, Madonna, *NSYNC, Eminem.....it's really eclectic.

Thanks, I just hope the girls love theirs just a fraction of how much I love mine.
Ok, cool. Glad to have another solid chance of meeting up. We've never eaten at Cali Grill. We've made ressies and cancelled but I really wanted to do it this trip, but I only have it for one specific night in our plans, so if I can't get it for Dec. 6th, it'll have to wait for us too. The thing is, I don't think we'd eat there on our NOV. 2014 trip either because we're not staying at BLT that trip...it might have to get pushed off to 2016! LOL....(yes, I plan vacas this far out).

I do like that font a lot, it would just be hard to redo in a colored format I think....I like the lettering they did for Love Cats, I have a shirt, it's fun and colored letters, maybe that one?

Yeah, they're great live. I have seen them three times now. Twice (two nights in a row in '85 or '86 I can't remember now) and then in 2008.
I always preferred Simon Gallup...sigh.....

Yes, I did see you that you were using one of their songs and thought that was so cool!

Your musical tastes are for sure eclectic!

Any more updates for us?

Are you guys doing the Photopass CD or Photopass Plus pre order? I highly suggest it since it's your wedding/honeymoon trip. How many nights are you there total? I forgot!

Can't wait to hear more updates!
__________________
May 1 2009 SBP/Wine Room@Jiko/Morocco
Our Disney Wedding/Disneymoon PJ/TR Our Disney Wedding/Disneymoon PJ/TR

Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:02 PM   #156
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer
 
charliegirl76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei528 View Post
Ok, cool. Glad to have another solid chance of meeting up. We've never eaten at Cali Grill. We've made ressies and cancelled but I really wanted to do it this trip, but I only have it for one specific night in our plans, so if I can't get it for Dec. 6th, it'll have to wait for us too. The thing is, I don't think we'd eat there on our NOV. 2014 trip either because we're not staying at BLT that trip...it might have to get pushed off to 2016! LOL....(yes, I plan vacas this far out).

I do like that font a lot, it would just be hard to redo in a colored format I think....I like the lettering they did for Love Cats, I have a shirt, it's fun and colored letters, maybe that one?

Yeah, they're great live. I have seen them three times now. Twice (two nights in a row in '85 or '86 I can't remember now) and then in 2008.
I always preferred Simon Gallup...sigh.....

Yes, I did see you that you were using one of their songs and thought that was so cool!

Your musical tastes are for sure eclectic!

Any more updates for us?

Are you guys doing the Photopass CD or Photopass Plus pre order? I highly suggest it since it's your wedding/honeymoon trip. How many nights are you there total? I forgot!

Can't wait to hear more updates!
Aah, yeah, see I've eaten at Cali Grill before. It's great and I know DF will love it.

I may look again at some fonts for The Cure, but I'm really liking that one, even if I leave it black and white.

We did get the BEO. I hope to post it this weekend. We are planning to do the PhotoPass+, pre-order! We're going to be there for two weeks, well, *technically* we'll be there for 15 nights. BUT DF doesn't want to go into the parks until after the wedding, so we'll be in parks 10 or 11 days. With all of our character dining, the rides, the Christmas Party, and everything else, it's totally going to be worth it. I read where you can get the photo numbers from friends and family, enter them in manually, or link a card to your account for them. I would like to link some cards to mine so I can get everyone's photos. I'll have to figure that out. I'm sure I'll have another update soon. I have so many things I need to get finished and I'll want to share!
__________________
charliegirl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #157
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer
 
Summer Daydream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cape May, New Jersey
Posts: 372

I like the table names a lot. Goes so well with the theming. I saw your BEO and it came out pretty decent in my opinion. Confetti cannon approved by Shane yet??
__________________
Summer Daydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #158
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer
 
charliegirl76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream View Post
I like the table names a lot. Goes so well with the theming. I saw your BEO and it came out pretty decent in my opinion. Confetti cannon approved by Shane yet??
Loved the idea for the table names, but turns out they can't do it and I really want the cohesion of all the paper being done by the same company. We're still working on an alternative though. The BEO wasn't quite as bad as I thought it was going to be, but I had to break it gently to DF. LOL Here's the funny part. We've changed a few relatively minor things....but added the CONFETTI CANNONS. This boy will be the death of me for sure.

I really wish the BEO was as easy to post here as it is to the Facebook group. It's pretty daunting 13 pages of every detail. I was trying to see if I could post it as a photo, but yeah, no. Oh, well, this is not the actual BEO, this is the Invoice. The BEO is just too much for me to post, anyway, here it goes.....

Estimated Invoice

Audio Visual - $2,175.00
Bell Services - $10.00
Entertainment - $10,645.00
Floral & Gifts - $7,026.23
Food & Beverage - $16,538.94
Photo, Video, Digital Graphics - $1,400.00
Transportation - $1,285.18
Event Subtotals - $39,080.35

Here's how it's broken down by event:

Rehearsal Dinner - $895.20
Wedding Ceremony/WP Grand Floridian - $12,906.41
Wedding Cake Delivery Grand Floridian - $106.50
Pre-Reception Grand Floridian, Whitehall Room & Patio - $5,565.94
Reception Grand Floridian, St.Augustine - $16,170.50
Dessert Party Grand Floridian, Sago Cay Pointe - $3,435.80 (changing)
$39,080.35

Here is the detail:

Page 1
Catering Fees and Equipment
(1) Wedding Pavilion Usage @ $3,000.00 per each $3,000.00
Photography, Video & Multimedia
(1) Wishes Video Ceremony Only Package (Non) @ $1,400.00 per each $1,400.00
Transportation
(1) Sedan - One way @ $30.00 per each $30.00
(1) Vans - One way @ $40.00 per each $40.00
(1) Limousine - Charter (3) Hours @ $298.53 per each $298.53
(1) Motorcoach - Charter (9) Hours @ $916.65 per each $916.65
Florist
(1) Floral Wedding Package @ $6,503.50 per each $6,503.50
(1) Floral Delivery Fee @ $100.00 per each $100.00

Video Wishes NnTx $1,400.00
$1,400.00
Catering Fees & Srvcs - MISC $3,000.00 (WP)
Sales Tax - Orange County $195.00
$3,195.00
Transportation $1,285.18
$1,285.18
Floral Wedding Fees (4WF),NTx $100.00
Floral Weddings (4WF), Tx $6,503.50
Sales Tax - Orange County $422.73
$7,026.23
$12,906.41 (Total for page 1, bolded numbers=total)

Page 2
Entertainment
(1) Electric Guitar Player @ $1,200.00 per each $1,200.00 (cut)
(1) Caricature Artist (5 Hours) @ $1,215.00 per each $1,215.00
Bar
(175) Hosted, Signature Brand Bar*ESTIMATE* @ $13.50 per each $2,362.50
Catering Fees and Equipment
(1) Fee, Bartender @ $100.00 per each $100.00

Bar - $2,362.50
Catering Fees & Srvcs - MISC $100.00
Service Charge $496.13
Sales Tax - Orange County $192.31
$3,150.94
Entertainment - Non Tax $2,415.00
$2,415.00
$5,565.94 (Total for top page 2)

Catering Fees and Equipment
(1) White Chocolate Castle @ $100.00 per each $100.00

Catering Fees & Srvcs - MISC $100.00
Sales Tax - Orange County $6.50
$106.50 (Total for bottom page 2)

Page 3
AV and Technical Services
(1) Color Blast Color Change Uplights @ $1,600.00 per each $1,600.00
Entertainment
(1) DJ Wedding Package @ $1,500.00 per each $1,500.00
(1) Tulle Canopy @ $2,605.00 per each $2,605.00 (cut)
(1) Twinkle Light Dance Floor (15x15) @ $2,700.00 per each $2,700.00
Catering Food & Beverage
(1) BRIDE'S MEAL @ $112.00 per Guest $112.00
(1) GROOM'S MEAL @ $112.00 per Guest $112.00
(36) Custom Plated @ $112.00 per Guest $4,032.00
(2) Children's Plated, Donald Duck 2013 @ $27.50 per Guest $55.00
(1) Chef's Choice Vendor Meal @ $26.50 per each $26.50
(50) Wedding Cake - GF Only @ $11.50 per each $575.00
Entertainment
(1) Formal Mickey & Minnie Mouse (1 set) @ $1,425.00 per each $1,425.00
Bell Services
(1) Room Delivery @ $10.00 per each $10.00

Entertainment - Non Tax $8,230.00
$8,230.00
Catering F & B - $4,912.50
Service Charge $1,031.63
Sales Tax - Orange County $386.37
$6,330.50
Bell Services $10.00
$10.00
AV NonTax, No Fees $1,600.00
$1,600.00
$16,170.50 (Total for page 3, bolded)

Page 4
Catering Food & Beverage
(40) Custom Dessert Display @ $55.50 per Guest $2,220.00
AV and Technical Services
(1) WISHES TM Audio Package 1: 01-50 (NT,NF) @ $575.00 per each $575.00

AV NonTax, No Fees $575.00
$575.00
Catering F & B - 9001 $2,220.00
Service Charge $466.20
Sales Tax - Orange County $174.60
$2,860.80
$3,435.80

Ok, I hope this is relatively easy to read. You can't really format anything. We have cut the electric guitarist and the tulle canopy. I started thinking about it and it just seemed like too much. We discussed the guitarist and decided we added him/her out of excitement and not as something we really envisioned. DF had been talking about the tulle light canopy since I can remember, but when I pointed out to him that it would be a little much with the dance floor he said he'd rather have the dance floor. We both came to the conclusion that people would be more inclined to look down at the floor than at the ceiling, we also thought the dance floor would be more of a draw for people to dance. Besides, the chandeliers are so beautiful in the ballrooms, there's hardly a need for more decor there.

We also decided to switch the dessert party to Epcot for an Illuminations viewing. Since DF has never seen either firework display, he left the choice up to me. I wanted to give our guests the opportunity to go into a park since some may not be able to...and why not wear your dress in the park when you can?! I have already made this change, we are now booked for a dessert party at UK Lochside. This also works out well because our wedding day happens to be MVMCP night which means we would have seen Holiday Wishes, and we're going to see that twice already.

Like I said, we didn't really change much. I don't really expect the numbers to change drastically when we get the revised version. We did add the confetti cannons. I can't think of much else....just happy I finally got this taken care of.

OH! Today we bought the guys' shoes and I did a pencil drawing on the canvas for the guest book. If this headache goes away, I may paint it tonight. Here's the pencil drawing:



The bad thing about doing the BEO like this is that the details are lost and then I forget to talk about them. When I posted the BEO on the Facebook page, I had a couple of people ask about a couple of things. I know there was a question about the DJ package and the intermezzo course, here was my answer: "The DJ package is $1,500 and includes the following: DJ, dance floor, lighting for the DJ, lighting for the dance floor, lighting for the cake table, lighting for the head table (sweetheart table), and two themed gobos (gobos are the light images appearing on the wall). We chose the castle with fireworks, but there are several to choose from. The set up is included in the price. The lighted sorbet course is not included, those are just instructions for the DJ. It's the intermezzo course for the dinner. We are having the lighted "glass" or ice slipper (lights will be in multiple colors to keep with the color scheme). What will happen is, when they are ready to serve that course, the DJ will dim the lights in the room and begin playing the Main Street Electrical Parade theme. The servers will then "parade" the lighted slipper out to the tables."

Please feel free to ask questions, I'm happy to answer them.
__________________

Last edited by charliegirl76; 07-08-2013 at 03:21 PM.
charliegirl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #159
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer
 
Summer Daydream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cape May, New Jersey
Posts: 372

Ooh I must see pictures of these lighted slippers...which kinda makes me sad that SpectroMagic is over, at least I had read that. I hope it's untrue!
So bummed the table names were a no go...but hurrah to confetti cannons!!!!!
__________________
Summer Daydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #160
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran
 
LittleKittyMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 881

Aww, that's too bad they can't do your table names. Is it a copyright issue or something?

You make a good point about the tulle canopy vs. the dance floor. I always find myself look down when I'm dancing, but very rarely to I look up at the ceiling. As far as a longer-term impact, the dance floor definitely sounds like the way to go! The BEO details are really the worst part. As we approached our last day to make final details it was really going back in forth about those small details, like adding the correct address for our photography to be mailed out to or making sure all the times for buses and events and photography were consistent. It took the longest to iron those bits out, and I always felt somehow naggy because sometimes I had to repeat requests for those small details a few times... Anyway, the BEO looks amazing and I can imagine how gorgeous it's going to be with all those details (and I'm sure it will be even MORE amazing than what I can picture!). If you don't mind me asking, you have a bunch of bell services fee in your invoice. Is that how they transfer things around in the resort venues?

Also, I love how the guestbook is shaping up! Can't wait to see it all painted!
__________________
Nicole DH
I walked with you once upon a dream || Disney Wedding PJ & TR
1992 WDW: Off-site | 2008 WDW: WL | 2009 DLRP | 2010 DCL: Magic Dover to Barcelona | 2011 WDW: AKL & DCL: Dream 4-Night | 2012 WDW: CB | 2013 WDW: OKW
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #161
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer
 
charliegirl76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 278

Hi everyone! Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July weekend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream View Post
Ooh I must see pictures of these lighted slippers...which kinda makes me sad that SpectroMagic is over, at least I had read that. I hope it's untrue!
So bummed the table names were a no go...but hurrah to confetti cannons!!!!!
I read an article that said Disney has not "officially" announced the end of SpectroMagic. It was only reported that some of the old and worn parts of floats (?) were found in the trash. They could be refurbing everything, so there is still hope!! Here is a photo of the ice slipper with a purple light, of course ours will be all different colors.



Men are visual creatures, and mine is probably more so than any other I've met. With that said, I had to show him a photo of the confetti cannons and assure him they are not $3k. After that, he was on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Aww, that's too bad they can't do your table names. Is it a copyright issue or something?

You make a good point about the tulle canopy vs. the dance floor. I always find myself look down when I'm dancing, but very rarely to I look up at the ceiling. As far as a longer-term impact, the dance floor definitely sounds like the way to go! The BEO details are really the worst part. As we approached our last day to make final details it was really going back in forth about those small details, like adding the correct address for our photography to be mailed out to or making sure all the times for buses and events and photography were consistent. It took the longest to iron those bits out, and I always felt somehow naggy because sometimes I had to repeat requests for those small details a few times... Anyway, the BEO looks amazing and I can imagine how gorgeous it's going to be with all those details (and I'm sure it will be even MORE amazing than what I can picture!). If you don't mind me asking, you have a bunch of bell services fee in your invoice. Is that how they transfer things around in the resort venues?

Also, I love how the guestbook is shaping up! Can't wait to see it all painted!
Yeah, they won't do the table names because of licensing issues. I'm a little bummed, but it will be ok. I know we can come up with something else. Oddly, I seem to have taken care of most of those little details, though I'm sure there will be more later. There's only one charge for bell services, $10 (I think I listed it a couple of times). I think that's to move all of our belongings to our room after the reception instead of having someone from the bridal party miss out on any part of the reception/dessert party. It's certainly worth it so my MOH, bridesmaid, and mom don't miss out on anything!

I forgot to mention in my last post that, when I emailed Impressions about the table names, I also asked about escort cards and programs. I had them send me a photo of an escort card and gave my ideas for the programs as well as the table names. Well, we know how the table names turned out. LOL

So, Amanda sent me a photo of an escort card she did for another bride. We are going to have concert tickets designed for them! They will be attached to the ear of the Mickey hats we are getting for everyone. We loved them so much that DF didn't even ask the pricing. LOL

For the programs, I wanted to do something a little different, something I'd never seen before....concert programs. Well, this is apparently very expensive...at least the way I'd like them done. It would really break my heart if we spent all this time and money for everyone just to throw them in the trash. So, we decided to make it something no one would throw away. LOL I've only posed the idea to Amanda, so I'm not sure how much it will cost yet. Our new idea is to do CDs. We will get discs and jewel cases. I'm going to create a photo montage of us from birth to present, ending with some of our engagement photos. The cover will be a photo of us with our names and the date of the wedding. Inside that will be the wedding party with titles. The MOH, Best Man, bridesmaid, groomsman, DF and myself will be "The Band", our moms, my brother and the officiant will be "The Roadies", there will be a place for "In Memory Of" and "Thank You" messages. The back inside cover will say, "And They Lived Happily Ever After...", this will be visible when the disc is removed. On the back cover will be the list of ceremony events and songs. I'm hoping this turns out to be cheaper since we only need about 25 and the discs and jewel cases are fairly cheap. I also feel like it helps to create a "story". They get the CD, they go to the "concert", and then it ends with fireworks. I was taught in college that the collection of clothes should tell a story....apparently I haven't forgotten to have a story and cohesion.

We bought the guys shoes this weekend. I will take a photo when we get them all in since we had to order two pair. I also started painting the guest book. That is going to be a project....a long one. Anyway, I think that's it! I'll be back in a few days to give another update!!
__________________
charliegirl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #162
purplegirl1818
Planning my DFTW!
 
purplegirl1818's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegirl76 View Post




I looooove these! Do you have any idea how much the slipper/light combo costs?

Thanks!
__________________



purplegirl1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #163
Bewitch324
DIS Veteran
 
Bewitch324's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 527

I LOVE the CD idea. I think that it fits with your theme so perfectly, I hope the pricing works out and you can do it!!

Seems like everything else is coming together really well; I think it's very cool that you got to add the confetti canons...that burst of color will really add some extra fun!

Good luck with the painting project, I'm sure it's going to turn out WONDERFUL.

Brooke
Bewitch324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #164
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer
 
charliegirl76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 278

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplegirl1818 View Post
I looooove these! Do you have any idea how much the slipper/light combo costs?

Thanks!
The ice slippers are $25/guest. We love them. DF saw this photo for the first time last night and he got really excited about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewitch324 View Post
I LOVE the CD idea. I think that it fits with your theme so perfectly, I hope the pricing works out and you can do it!!

Seems like everything else is coming together really well; I think it's very cool that you got to add the confetti canons...that burst of color will really add some extra fun!

Good luck with the painting project, I'm sure it's going to turn out WONDERFUL.

Brooke
Thank you! I think we're so in love with the idea that, if Impressions comes back too expensive, we'll see if we can find somewhere else. Though I'm sure it will be far more affordable than the program idea. Thanks for the luck on the painting, I'm certainly going to need it!
__________________
charliegirl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #165
gelandnick
Mouseketeer
 
gelandnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 93

I am WAY behind on reading your PJ (sorry!!!), but holy cow I love the canvas idea! It is so neat!!! I love DIY projects.
gelandnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.