Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #196
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Just a suggestion for those planning some pre-Adventure excursions; don't over do it. Try to hit the sack early on Saturday night, especially those crossing multiple time zones to get there, and sleep in a bit on Sunday. Once the welcome dinner starts on Sunday evening you'll be pretty much constantly on the go. You don't want to start out in a sleep deficit.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #197
Addicted to Dopey
Newt's Posse

we have one of those here in NYC and its deeeelicious!!!
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #198
Addicted to Dopey
Newt's Posse

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
So one thing I'm looking at:

http://www.thecounterburger.com/
we have one of those here in NYC and its deeeelicious!!
Old 07-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #199
skunkvette
You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.

This just dawned on me today, as I watched the trailer for "Savings Mr. Banks" , which looks terrific.

IMDB list a USA released date of 12/13/13 for the film.

We are going to be in Hollywood around that date, Cathy and I actually arrive on 12/14.

The El Capitan Theatre is right across the street from our hotel.

The El Capitan is a great sight to see even without a movie.

Figure they probably will be showing the film, and there might be a preshow presentation or maybe a special display for the movie, it has been done before.

That would make seeing the movie in Hollywood a must do for us.

Last time we were on the BSM, we prepurchased balcony tickets at the El Capitan, unfortunately they were for Gmomeo and Juliet...
skunkvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #200
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkvette View Post
This just dawned on me today, as I watched the trailer for "Savings Mr. Banks" , which looks terrific.

We are going to be in Hollywood around that date, Cathy and I actually arrive on 12/14.

Figure they probably will be showing the film, and there might be a preshow presentation or maybe a special display for the movie, it has been done before.

Last time we were on the BSM, we prepurchased balcony tickets at the El Capitan, unfortunately they were for Gmomeo and Juliet...
I watched the trailer earlier today. It does look terrific! I didn't even think about the fact that it would open just before our trip beginning. Fingers crossed that it will be at the El Cap!

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #201
apurplebrat

Turning the whole world purple!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
I watched the trailer earlier today. It does look terrific! I didn't even think about the fact that it would open just before our trip beginning. Fingers crossed that it will be at the El Cap!

This would be wicked awesome!
We haven't started planning fully yet
We arrive mid-day on Friday the 13th

Anybody planning on DAP? We will be at WDW 12-6 - 12/13 before heading to Cali
Old 07-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #202
skunkvette

Press releases in the last few days now list the opening date for Saving Mr. Banks as 12/20/13.

Would have been fun to see it in El Capitan....
Old 07-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #203
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted to Dopey View Post
we have one of those here in NYC and its deeeelicious!!
Hmmmm I think it's just moved further up the list!

Quote:
Press releases in the last few days now list the opening date for Saving Mr. Banks as 12/20/13.

We saw Alice in Wonderland on our last BSM at the El Cap and it was wonderful! Maybe they'll have something else playing that'll be great too. You never know!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #204
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurplebrat View Post
This would be wicked awesome!
We haven't started planning fully yet
We arrive mid-day on Friday the 13th

Anybody planning on DAP? We will be at WDW 12-6 - 12/13 before heading to Cali
I reeeaaaalllly want to. When I brought it up I was given the you must be kidding look, so I'm thinking no. . . for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Just a suggestion for those planning some pre-Adventure excursions; don't over do it. Try to hit the sack early on Saturday night, especially those crossing multiple time zones to get there, and sleep in a bit on Sunday. Once the welcome dinner starts on Sunday evening you'll be pretty much constantly on the go. You don't want to start out in a sleep deficit.
Great advice! These "vacations" really take a lot out of you. I remember on our other BSM everybody was getting together to close MK and I could only make it through Space Mt. before I was just totally done for the night. Lesson learned! I'm saving some energy for the parks this time!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #205
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Didn't they have the premiere for Lone Ranger at CA the week before the official opening date. Maybe we'll luck into something like that for Saving Mr. Banks...

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #206
SleepingAriel28
Disney Tardis

Smile Saturday Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
The ABD provided transportation from LAX is most likely a car service (that's what we had last year when we came in on the Saturday). It was just for Val & I, even though there was one other ABD couple on the same flight. So, I wouldn't worry about missing part of the experience.

I understand that Hertz has a location right near the hotel.
We are thinking of coming in the day before on Saturday, if we come in early will we have to find our own way to the hotel or will abd provide transportation. we plan on staying at the some hotel.

It's getting so exciting it feels like it coming up soon
SleepingAriel28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #207
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingAriel28 View Post
We are thinking of coming in the day before on Saturday, if we come in early will we have to find our own way to the hotel or will abd provide transportation. we plan on staying at the some hotel.

If you book the extra night at the hotel through ABD then they will provide the transportation. If you book the extra night on your own then you will have to arrange your own transportation.

Kevin should be able to help you with this.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #208
skunkvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingAriel28 View Post

Kevin can correct me if I get this wrong, but if you book your extra pre or post stay at Lowes Hotel or Grand California through ABD, then the ABD transportation to the airport is available.

If you use other plans or booking for your pre and post, then you are on your own for that part.

Last BSM we did we rented a car for a few days and then met the ABD transfer at LAX the day of the start of our adventure as we returned our rental car. Post adventure we stayed one night at GC through ABD and ABD returned us to LAX the day after the adventure ended.

Frank
Old 07-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #209
Addicted to Dopey
Newt's Posse

I know its not ever promised, or even mentioned in most trip reports but i was hoping for a stop in Club 33....just read the refurb is going to start Oct 1st with a full shutdown of the place for an extended period of time....Womp, womp. I know i can't complain because it was never a certainty but I'm still bummed.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #210
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted to Dopey View Post
I know its not ever promised, or even mentioned in most trip reports but i was hoping for a stop in Club 33....just read the refurb is going to start Oct 1st with a full shutdown of the place for an extended period of time....Womp, womp. I know i can't complain because it was never a certainty but I'm still bummed.
This is a total bummer! But, what can you do? Last time I was there the whole stupid lake was walled up so I'm pretty stoked to see Fantasmic! this time. I always try to tell myself I'm leaving something undone for next time. So you'll just have to go on another BSM! Believe me, you'll want to! I think Kevin is starting a program where you just give him your credit card to hold on to so he can get you on trips faster. What I need is a monthly debit plan like I have for insurance and the electric bill and other "needs"!

Christy, I loved seeing your pretty self go by in Dustin's video! Can't wait to hug necks!

New app I found called 2013 Photo A Day Disneyland Resort to bring a bit of magic into my life before the trip. It's 1.99 in the Apple store, which seems fairly reasonable. I'm hoping it'll help me come up with some new shot ideas. Though, to be fair, this guy is leagues better than I am. Still, something to aspire to and I love getting the new photo everyday.

Just had my birthday last Monday (40! Whoop!) and the whole family came down and hung out at a beach house on Tybee Island we rented for a week. It was so awesome! Bonus, no one killed anyone else! Jeri and my mom banded together on a gift idea and got me a Disney Chamilia bead bracelet!!!!! I lurvs it so much!!! Best. Husband. And. Mom. Gift. EVER!!!

Hope everyone else is having a great summer and staying cool! See y'all soon!! Okay, soon-ish but still sooner than it was!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: