Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #91
im4kycats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknDawn4ever View Post
Does anyone have any advice to offer about choosing AOA family suite or POR? We are trying to decide which resort to stay at for our March trip. We have stayed at POR and loved it, but think we might want to try a family suite. Any suggestions, thoughts or ideas would be helpful.
We loved AoA in Oct. The 2 bathrooms are priceless. The theming is fantastic and we are going back in March! We were in Nemo in Oct., but we are going with Cars next trip.

Me DH DS (15) DD (9)

1992 - Disneymoon at CBR; 2010 - Easter in the World at CBR; 2011 - MNSSHP at POFQ; 2012 - 20th Anniversary at AoA; 2013 - Adults to BWI; 2014 - Cars Suite at AoA
im4kycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #92
mamabear0222
Countdown to 2014 trip

Hello, I just found this thread!!
We are set to travel Feb 22 - March 8
So I really don't know what group I belong lol

Can someone please tell me, have you ever been in Florida for Mardi Gras?
2014 it falls on March 4th

Think it's going to be crazy busy????

It's ranked week 6 and 11 on a calendar I've found.
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #93
jcieutat
Mouseketeer

I have been during Mardi Gras before. It has been slow, moderate, and busy. Presidents Day sometimes falls close to Mardi Gras. In 2014, Presidents Day is 2 weeks before Mardi Gras. I am crossing my fingers that it will not bee that busy.

We can book packages tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

35 trips and counting!!!
jcieutat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:52 PM   #94
mamabear0222
Countdown to 2014 trip

You and me both!

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards
Old 07-11-2013, 02:51 AM   #95
xray2001
Earning My Ears

Smile

Count me in!! We booked our package today! So excited! It will be our 3rd trip with our kids- DD 12, DS, 4 and DS 8. We are meeting friends and maybe going with my niece, 10 on her first trip. Our dates are March 20-29th staying at POR.
xray2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #96
DisneyAllyC
Princess Ally

It's not officially official yet but right now we are working on March 3-7 in Art of Animation!:micke yjum

1998:First trip to Disney-Polynesian
2004: Pop Century
2005: All Star Music
2007: Saratoga Springs
2009: High School Senior Trip-All Star Sports

4 days until my next trip to Disney World!
DisneyAllyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #97
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My family and I are trying to decide if we want to stay at POR again next March....or......do we want to try AOA in a Cars family Suite. We love POR, but think we may like having 2 bathrooms and 3 beds for everyone to spread out. PLEASE give me some advice.
There are quite a few things to consider when deciding which one your family would prefer.

AOA Pro's - Nice variety at food court, great theming, extra bathroom, NEW resort

POR Pro's - pool slide, bus stop near your room (maybe....)

We have considered AOA as well and may do that one but my boys LOVE a pool slide so I really don't know. Yes the pool slide may make or break us....
BridgetR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #98
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

I am officially all caught up on the Who's going when list! Sorry I've been away for a little while.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #99
JacknDawn4ever
"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust."

Quote:
Originally Posted by im4kycats View Post
We loved AoA in Oct. The 2 bathrooms are priceless. The theming is fantastic and we are going back in March! We were in Nemo in Oct., but we are going with Cars next trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
There are quite a few things to consider when deciding which one your family would prefer.

AOA Pro's - Nice variety at food court, great theming, extra bathroom, NEW resort

POR Pro's - pool slide, bus stop near your room (maybe....)

We have considered AOA as well and may do that one but my boys LOVE a pool slide so I really don't know. Yes the pool slide may make or break us....
Thanks for all the advice , but I think we are going to stick with POR. My oldest DS told me the other day he just likes how relaxing it is after being in the parks all day (such a mature answer). Oh, and he likes the pool too!!

MARCH cannot get here fast enough..... so ready for some Disneytime!!

First Disney Trip - 1985 with Grandparents - stayed offsite
Family's First Disney Trip - March 2012 - POR
November 2014 - POR
JacknDawn4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #100
NORMA MUNOZ
DIS VETERAN

Yay I just booked. March 6-15 staying at Port Orleans Riverside.

Woohoo so excited.

Now just waiting
2006 ALL STAR MOVIES CHRISTMAS BREAK.
DISNEYLAND IN CALIFORNIA TOO MANY TO COUNT.
ME DS14 DS12
NORMA MUNOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #101
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for all the advice , but I think we are going to stick with POR. My oldest DS told me the other day he just likes how relaxing it is after being in the parks all day (such a mature answer). Oh, and he likes the pool too!!

MARCH cannot get here fast enough..... so ready for some Disneytime!!
Something I meant to put in my pro's and con's but forgot is that AOA is the price of a deluxe for a value. Yeah, not sure about that.

I think you made a great choice!
Old 07-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #102
lulu girl
Earning My Ears

We'll be returning this March, as well. Every other year my entire family (mom, dad, brother & sister, and spouses, 3 neices and a nephew) goes down.

This year, for the first time, I'll have my own little one to take around. She'll be turning one about a week after we go, so we're also thinking of doing her first birthday down there.

Do any of y'all have experience with baby birthdays at WDW?

We'll be staying at AoA around St. Patrick's Day!
lulu girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #103
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
I am officially all caught up on the Who's going when list! Sorry I've been away for a little while.
Could you add me too? Thanks!! Mar 21-24 AKV

Well I know I said in my first post this was going to be a relaxing, simple, no-parks trip... but I think we've already changed our mind, lol! Since we are staying at AKL, we are going to spend one day at AK. We didn't get hardly any time there in April and I feel like we need a "do-over". All I got to do was the Safari and the train to RPW. DD and DH also did Dinosaur, EE, and saw the LK show, but even that hardly scratches the surface.

So we'll probably still hang out at the resort on Sat (since we get in late Fri), then hit the park Sun. I'm hoping since it's just for one day we can skip the afternoon break and push through, open to close. Or as much as we can take anyway.

I'm actually starting to wonder if this is a better way to do Disney - short mini-trips every year instead of one big trip every few years. It will be interesting to see how this one goes, anyway. It wouldn't be practical at all if we didn't have family in FL and fly down there every year anyway. But since we do, maybe we should be taking advantage of the location more. DH will be the hard one to convince, he likes his "big vacations", and is always afraid we will "over-do" Disney, but maybe if this trip goes amazingly well, he'll reconsider

1984-2001: Off-site & day-trips | 6/08:Poly | TR | Photos
12/08:Hilton GVC | TR | Photos | 6/10:CBR | TR | Photos
3/12:ASMo |TR| Photos | 4/13:YC | PTR | TR | Photos
Upcoming: 3/14: AKV & AoA | 12/14: VWL
gtpoohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #104
SnowWhite607
DIS Veteran

I have been for Mardi Gras twice before.........the first time was before Pres Day and it was great! The 2nd time was around the first week in March after Pres Day and it was a LITTLE more crowded but not terrible. The problem was that some colleges in the north were on spring break. BUT we usually go in the summer so anything is better than June! LOL!

I am trying to decide if I want to go Fri - Thurs, Fri - Fri or Sat - Fri......we usually stay 5 nites for Mardi Gras so even Sat - Fri is an extra night. But I *really* kind of want to surprise DD and do a week.

Some background.......DD12 (will be 13) asked me to take her on a girls only trip, no men! So since DH usually coaches high school football during Feb and March, he is usually busy so he cant travel anyway and we started planning. Well.......they didnt need him for softball this year so he WILL be home but we dont want him to go - after all, its GIRLS ONLY! He is totally supportive of me taking DD by myself and we are both very excited.

Luckily, I got a long term job (I am a substitute teacher) back in March and the money has been set aside for the trip as well as airfare. It makes the waiting much harder since we dont have to save the money, etc.

We are staying at POFQ where we stayed in June '12 and not totally sure of the dates (see above). Its only like $210 to add another nite so I may just go for the 7 day and let DD think we are only staying for 6......that way when she says "Mommy, I dont want to leave tomorrow" I can say "WE'RE NOT!!" LOL!
1976-offsite, 1985-offsite, April 1986-AS Sports, 1990 - AS Sports, Dec 1998 - AS Sports, June 2005 with DD for the first time - AS Music, July 2006 - Caribbean Beach/Coronado Springs, July 2007 Poly, June 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge/Grand Floridian, Feb 2009 - Pop! June 2009 - Beach Club, March 2011 -Pop! June 2012 - Port Orleans FQ March 2014 - Mother Daughter trip - Port Orleans French Quarter
SnowWhite607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #105
GoldieLocks5
Mouseketeer

You can add me!! We just confirmed today!!!

March 29-April 4th at Beach Club!!!!

Did anyone set up a facebook group?

[/url]
Mom to 1+Twins, all boys
Planning our 3rd Disney trip! 1st was March-April 2012, Suite @ ASMu. 2nd was May 5-11 at Beach Club, and 3rd will be early May, Beach Club again!
GoldieLocks5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: