Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #106
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacrity View Post
Guess I hadn't posted here yet...here's some pictures from out Viva Italia Signature trip in May. These include my own shots as well as some of our ABD shots. And a couple videos! Definitely a wonderful trip!

http://dbeedle.com/Photos/ABD-Italy2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwtheplacetobe View Post

Sayhello....these are Our pics!
FABULOUS pics! I couldn't believe how empty the Vatican museum was, until I remembered that the Signature trip did that at night. What a wonderful way to see it! And you guys had some *serious* rain in Venice! OMG! But it doesn't look like you guys let it stop you. What a wonderful trip it looks like you had!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #107
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacrity View Post
Guess I hadn't posted here yet...here's some pictures from out Viva Italia Signature trip in May. These include my own shots as well as some of our ABD shots. And a couple videos! Definitely a wonderful trip!

http://dbeedle.com/Photos/ABD-Italy2013
Thank you for posting these! It brought back so many memories of the Viva Italia trip I was on (in May 12).

Cristina was our local guide in Rome as well, and she was outstanding. Orvieto might very well be one of my favorite places in the world, I love the pictures from the Giacomini ceramics shop. I bought a serving platter there, and I want to go back and buy more (they do an awesome job shipping back to the US)!

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #108
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquamarineSteph View Post
I did all the arrangements. They only have my email.

The Adventure Guide for our trip told me to call.

----

Update: I will spare you the actual back and forth of the conversation, but after first telling me that it was my own fault because I hadn't signed a release to have them communicate with me (and, yes, I had, months ago), the same Adventurista called me back to say that the survey had already been sent to me before I called them. He read out the email address of record to me, and the email address was wrong by one letter.

So now I should receive a survey when they send out the next bundle, maybe on Friday or Saturday. We'll see. It happens. If I don't receive an official survey this weekend, I'll just make up one and send it to them myself. ;-)
Just FYI...the feedback consent form is not included in the 2014 paperwork. It's still on the list of items included in the packet, but the actual form is missing. I called to make sure it wasn't a mistake and was told that ABD has eliminated it and will send the survey to every guest (or family).
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #109
skaminsk
Earning My Ears

Question on packing for Viva. Are any of the nights more "semi-formal" in nature? As in, can an adult man wear nice shorts, sandals and a short-sleeve polo shirt every night, or are dress/khaki pants, nice shoes etc needed? Trying to pack light and not including dress shoes for my big feet would help a lot.....
skaminsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #110
lovetotravel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaminsk View Post
Question on packing for Viva. Are any of the nights more "semi-formal" in nature? As in, can an adult man wear nice shorts, sandals and a short-sleeve polo shirt every night, or are dress/khaki pants, nice shoes etc needed? Trying to pack light and not including dress shoes for my big feet would help a lot.....
Yes, I think nice shorts, sandals, and polo is acceptable. Some men were a bit more dressy with pants, button up shirt, and dress shoes. There are 4 nights/days where a dressier outfit is good: Welcome dinner, Vatican visit (shorts must be over the knees), Tuscany BBQ dinner, and Farewell dinner.

I packed very light and only had carry ons. But with all the souvenirs we purchased, we ended up checking in bags on the way back to the US. In addition, the Venice airport is very strict on carryon size and weight. They will weigh and measure all carry on. We ended up checking most carry on in Venice back to the US. If I had to do it all over again, I would pack the largest suitcase I had and check it in. You never have to carry your own bags anyway during the trip because ABD does all the work.

Have fun!
lovetotravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #111
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaminsk View Post
We have done this Adventure 3 times and I have never packed dress shoes.

I have found that black or brown tennis shoes / sneakers / sport shoes worked a bit better than something white or brightly colored. Sandals are fine as well.

A pair of khakis is absolutely appropriate, as none of the events are "dressy". Casual is just fine.

The only exception I can think of would be if you decided to go to an upscale restaurant on your own. Then I would suggest appropriate attire.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #112
wdwtheplacetobe
A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
We have done this Adventure 3 times and I have never packed dress shoes.

I have found that black or brown tennis shoes / sneakers / sport shoes worked a bit better than something white or brightly colored. Sandals are fine as well.

A pair of khakis is absolutely appropriate, as none of the events are "dressy". Casual is just fine.

The only exception I can think of would be if you decided to go to an upscale restaurant on your own. Then I would suggest appropriate attire.
We just went in May with Dusty and Marco B and I agree with Kevin absolutely! Have a fanastic trip! When do you leave?
Married 10/10/07 at 10:10am in Disney's Wedding Pavilion!

wdwtheplacetobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #113
skaminsk
Earning My Ears

Thanks all. Our trip starts on August 11!
skaminsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #114
Rich C
Earning My Ears

Luggage Strategy

Hi all, can any travelers weigh in on luggage strategies? My wife and I are booked for the mid-September Italy trip and I am trying to figure out the best approach. I had been thinking that we would each pack super efficiently into separate 20" carryons and travel very light. But obviously that means finding a way to either ship souvenirs back or bringing an extra soft bag that can be used and checked on the return leg.

Are we better off bringing one large bag and checking it, and then two smaller carryons (backpack sized for example)? How have past travelers balanced the desire to be lean and efficient versus the desire for more space and more stuff?

Thanks for any help!

Rich
Old 07-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #115
lovetotravel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich C View Post
Hi all, can any travelers weigh in on luggage strategies? My wife and I are booked for the mid-September Italy trip and I am trying to figure out the best approach. I had been thinking that we would each pack super efficiently into separate 20" carryons and travel very light. But obviously that means finding a way to either ship souvenirs back or bringing an extra soft bag that can be used and checked on the return leg.

Are we better off bringing one large bag and checking it, and then two smaller carryons (backpack sized for example)? How have past travelers balanced the desire to be lean and efficient versus the desire for more space and more stuff?

Thanks for any help!

Rich
As I have said in my previous post, we packed very light and only had a rolling carry on with a personal item purse or backpack for each person. With all the souvenirs we bought, we gained an extra luggage...at this point we thought we only had to check in one bag having maxed out our allowed carry on limit...until we got to the Venice airport. The Venice airport was very strict on carry on size and weight that they weighed and measured all our carry on. They took all our carry ons and check them in Venice back to the US. ABD will give you a duffle bag per room which we used as a carry on for the souvenirs. But, if I had to do it all over again, I would pack the largest suitcase I had and check it in. I might even bring the 2 you are allowed and pack it loose with the intent of filling it in. You never have to carry your own bags anyway during the trip because ABD does all the work. In terms of souvenirs, you can expect that in Venice, you will have to hand carry your masks, which are large. This itself took a whole duffle bag. Most people also bought items at the Vatican and pottery from Orvieto. However, you can ship larger items too.
lovetotravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #116
carpenta
DIS Veteran

A large number of the vendors will and do ship items to the U.S. via FedEx and UPS. We had items shipped in the past and everything went perfectly.
carpenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #117
kanadar
Mouseketeer

Hello! My sister and I just surprised my dad by telling him next year for his 60th birthday we are going to take him on the ABD Italy trip. We decided to tell him now so he could help in the planning and deciding of dates and such. Like I said we will not be going until next year, probably Mary or June. We are VERY excited to go. My sister and I have been talking about this for several months now and have kept it a secret the whole time, it was hard to do but we did it! We had the whole day planned out how to tell him, with hints throughout the day.
kanadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #118
carpenta
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanadar View Post
Hello! My sister and I just surprised my dad by telling him next year for his 60th birthday we are going to take him on the ABD Italy trip. We decided to tell him now so he could help in the planning and deciding of dates and such. Like I said we will not be going until next year, probably Mary or June. We are VERY excited to go. My sister and I have been talking about this for several months now and have kept it a secret the whole time, it was hard to do but we did it! We had the whole day planned out how to tell him, with hints throughout the day.
WOW!!! What nice kids.......and one "spoiled" Dad.......
carpenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #119
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
What an excellent way to celebrate! Good for you two! It's a great trip!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #120
wdwtheplacetobe
A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes....

Quote:
We just went in May...Cooler weather then! Just a thought!
You're going to LOVE it!
Married 10/10/07 at 10:10am in Disney's Wedding Pavilion!

wdwtheplacetobe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: